South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Monday, Monday Oct 14 on the Beach

Do you remember that song? Are you singing it now? It probably would be appropriate for "Rainy Days and Mondays" from the Carpenters as well this drizzly morning.

Had an okay weekend, and back to the grind today. Work and errands, and a meeting tonight. Gratefully I made black bean soup (!!!) for the week, and have mexican casserole in the crock pot.

And my coffee is nice and strong today!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 5"

Default Holiday Monday- Daily Chat 10-14

Good morning sleepy chicks! Must be the holiday (Columbus Day or Thanksgiving) is keeping everyone busy today.

Had a productive weekend- lots of cleaning and yardwork done. It poured overnight and looks to be a "stuck inside" day so DH and I are driving to Watertown to go to the mall.

Coffee is ready. Anyone want a cup?
Old 10-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heading out the door for another Monday on the road. I hope all the leaf peepers are back home but they are probably all over the roads. Ah well, tonight we're having friends over for dinner and bonfire so I just need to put the work day behind me as soon as possible
Old 10-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default More Please Monday - October 14

Good morning. I'm saying "More please" to a lot of things this morning - not to turkey and pumpkin pie but to sunshine, pretty fall leaves and crispy fall apples - "One a day keeps the doctor away!" Time to clean up my act after a weekend of Thanksgiving celebration and indulgences.

I have turkey bones and some veggies roasting at the moment. My friend Melinda is just home from the hospital and her DD did TD dinner at M's house yesterday. She had no clue about making soup so I've inherited the carcass and will make and take the soup to Melinda's, probably tomorrow. It'll need to sit in the fridge tonight so I can skim the fat.

Also on today's list is to get the bank deposit done and put binding on a quilt so I can sit with my heating pad, sew and watch TV. I find an hour of that is better than Tylenol3. The good news is that I can now pick up a pen if I drop it; the bad news is that it's been nearly four weeks. Healing sure takes longer as you age.

Can you smell the roasting turkey - almost as yummy smelling as a real whole turkey.

Enjoy your Monday - Thanksgiving Day here and Columbus Day south of the border.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:11 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

I like Ruth's title for the day best .

Good morning chicks! Cyndi, have you reached peak yet? We still have a lot of green left here. It's a very late fall this year!

Beth, I hope you enjoy your "stuck inside" day. I think those can be awesome!

Ruth, maybe she needs to learn what to do with that turkey!! It's funny, I used to give my ham bone to my sitter. Now, I go out and buy them! (I just did by a smoked hock yesterday, for ham and bean soup )
Old 10-14-2013, 09:44 AM   #6  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning chicks
Looks like a nice day here. We had a special brunch yesterday for family and some friends. It was a nice easy way to go. Today just relaxing and giving thanks for all in my life. Hope everyone has a good op day
Take care
Sophie
Old 10-14-2013, 09:45 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hello, everyone!

Tammy: How great it must be to have all that yummy food prepped and ready to go. Since we're leaving town soon, we're eating what's in the house to get rid of it, so I've been scrounging for SB fare. Have a great day!

Beth: Enjoy your "inside" day. We only have one small mall in a fairly big city, so we NEVER go on weekends. Sometimes DD and I will head over to ours just to go for a nice, indoor stroll.

Cyndi: Your post-work plans sound divine. I wish I could join you! We miss our backyard bonfires in Alpine. I hope your workday passes quickly so you can get to the fun!

Ruth: Sounds like your TD was nice and I bet Melinda will certainly appreciate the soup! It just plain stinks that you are still healing, but I hope you are enjoying some well-deserved downtime.

Our plans today are fairly basic. We have suspicions that DD has a UTI, so I was trying to get her into the doctor's office today, but she is double booked. We have a 10:15 appt. tomorrow. My daily laundry load is almost done already and I just have a few little niggles to get done throughout the day.

Tonight we're having pasta for dinner . It's dual purpose: getting rid of the last box of pasta and continuing to fatten up DD. She's gained a pound, so we're headed in the right direction, finally! Well, off to refill my cuppa!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 10-14-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

, Sophie! Have a great Monday!!
Old 10-14-2013, 12:32 PM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

happy Monday chicks!

I just missed the morning deadline here and I thought about signing on but then got sucked into making calls (darn Columbus "holiday") and not getting anyone except student loans.

Taking Aimee cat to the vet today. Chloe is coming too but Aimee's been having an issue with wax buildup and she scratches to the point of hurting herself. So off we go.

Have a great one!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Quick fly by. Went to the gym today. DH and I checked out the new REI store that came to town. I'm sure we'll still be visiting them in every city where we vacation since ours is pretty small! Made a new recipe for dinner from a vegan cookbook and it was pretty tasty and super low-cal so I posted it. While I LOVE that I don't have to count calories or points or carbs on SB, I do sort of pay attention and try to make lower calorie choices when I can.
Closed Thread