Old 10-13-2013, 09:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Red face HATE drink packets - what can I do?

Hi!

I am new and started Oct 7th-my first weigh in is Oct 14th this upcoming Monday. I have not cheated but have a couple of questions for the experts here.

1) Last week when I started the office gives u a sampler pack to try stuff. I am down to drink mixes-and I HATE them. I dont like any of them. I am at the point that for breakfast this am I want to eat 2 eggs instead of a drink packet. Do u think that would be ok? Is there any other recommendations? I will get new food that I like tom. on Monday. Any advise would be great. I just dont like drinking my meals. I rather eat them.

2) Also is there a website or post about maybe doing an exchange of packets you dont like or use with others? So far have not found that.

3)Can you eat NY strip steak for your 8 ozs? I thought that was sirloin but I think I am wrong.

4)To be clear you can have your restricted item for your snack after dinner right?

Thanks in advance!!! It is appreciated
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Yeah- the drink packets are gross, but I love the pre-made drinks. You can try those. Also, you can have the omelet packet. Even my husband likes those. The oatmeal is good too although I wish they would make an apples and cinnamon version! I just have my pre-made vanilla shake in my coffee in the morning. Even better, I get two shots of espresso over ice in a venti cup from Starbucks and pour my vanilla shake in. That is really yummy!
NY Strip is fine. You can have a restricted any time, just as long as it is once a day. Good Luck!
Aydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #3  

Thanks for the quick reply. I also like the oatmeal and omelet packages but what I am saying is right now all I have left until tom. is the drink packets. I dont have any of the good stuff left and I really dont want to drink them.

So can I have 2 eggs instead of the drink packets for today until I get more packets tom?

Thanks
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Ohhhh got cha. I read that wrong. I would say don't cheat so early on. It can be a slippery slope. But, the reality is 2 eggs won't kill ya. Will your program allow you to exchange packets? Mine does so that might work when you weigh in. If not, the exchange is a good idea. Otherwise, sell them on ebay!
Aydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

There are lots of good recipes for the drink packages. Look up mug cakes for example. Lots of people never use them as drinks.
There are many threads on recipes. For most of them you use the extra egg whites and a bit of baking powder.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 11:53 AM   #6  

Thanks for your tips! I sucked it up and had the drink for breakfast. I survived but wont by drinks again - they are just not for me. Thanks!
Old 10-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

The drinks are a lot better if you get them mixed well and put the shaker in the fridge and let it get slushy!! I could even get the ones I don't like down that way!

Good luck!!!
Jbhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #8  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
Thanks for your tips! I sucked it up and had the drink for breakfast. I survived but wont by drinks again - they are just not for me. Thanks!
Good for you! Week one is such a learning experience. My first day I had to have plain rotini as a snack because I ate my restricted for breakfast and had ordered some truly questionable items. I had no clue! I haven't eaten the rotini again, although I know it's probably good when it's not just plain!
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #9  

I had the Rotini and did not mind it. I added 1 cup of frozen spinach and 1 teaspoon of olive oil and a splash of Walden Farms Italian dressing and it was not bad. I would say the Rotini is more on the side of whole wheat version. I found that filled me up unti dinner.

It is great I am not alone and we can all share tips with each other - it is greatly appreciated!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #10  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I totally agree that some of the drinks aren't great, The ready to drink ones are better, by they cost more at my clinic, and that bugs my inner cheapskate! I've started buying those EAS carb advantage rtd ones, and they taste GOOD to me. I even blend two cups of spinach in them and I can't even taste the spinach. Veggies are my problem, so getting two cups out of the way in the morning is great for me. Some of the IP drinks are better than others, so you might want to try some of the different ones and see if you can find one you like better.
MelissaKate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #11  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUCCILOVE View Post
4)To be clear you can have your restricted item for your snack after dinner right?

Thanks in advance!!! It is appreciated
My coach said to have the restricted item in the morning or at lunch due to the higher calories, but I've seen others post on here about having their restricteds at night and they seem to be having success, so that's up to you. I try to avoid having my restricted at night.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #12  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Regarding the drink packets, I felt the same way. However, I started blending them in my magic bullet with crushed ice and a little sea salt, it made a huge difference. My favorite is the chocolate drink made with 4 oz. Of cold coffee, a dash of cinnamon, sea salt and a cup of crushed ice in my magic bullet. It is so good. I do the same with the vanilla drink. I use alternatives though. My drinks are v-core vantage from compete nutrition. They have orange creamsicle, chocolate, vanilla,cookies and cream, and smores.

Be prepared for a big change in your tastebuds. The first week I gagged down the mango rtd. By the second week i loved it!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #13  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

I find it interesting how everyone's tastes are different. I have friends on IP who hated the blueberry-pomm drink, but I love it. Have another friend who basically lived on the orange drink...that one wasn't my favorite.

But if you have the choc drink packets you should try the microwave cake.... It's so good! I have that as my treat almost every night!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:54 PM   #14  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Chocolate Mug Cake...Instant Joy!

1 pkg Chocolate Drink ( replace with other drinks try with vanilla drink)
1 egg white
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
1 teaspoon splenda or stevia (or sweeten with other sweetener to taste )
Splash of vanilla

Put the drink mix in a big mug (I put mine in a bowl because it puffs up so much)
Add enough water to bring it to a slightly watery pudding consistency, just enough to be able to mix easily
Add other ingredients (egg white, baking powder, olive oil, splenda, vanilla )
Mix it like crazy with a big fork till it's silky smooth
Put it in the microwave for 3 minutes ON TOP OF A BIG PLATE
Watch as it expands like crazy
Let cool
Eat... and enjoy
Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #15  

Thanks for the info but I am confused by the choco mug cake. How can I have 1 egg white? Would I deduct that from my 8 oz of protein? Otherwise I dont know how to have that? My coach did not tell me I could have that. I guess what I am asking is how do I count the 1 egg white or the baking powder or coconut oil? The last 2 are not on my list of this to have.