Old 10-10-2013, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:171 CW:see ticker GW 120

Height: 5'1

Default Gym ugh

This morning I woke up and went gym ugh. That's not the attitude I want to have about going.
I try to go 5 days a week but only like 3 classes so I'm struggling with going all the days.i feel like so much is out into working out and not enough in food.i was dropping when I did couch to 5k but I stopped it to do classes.
skittlesfirehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:12 PM   #2  

Height: 5'1

My advice would be to try and go as many times as you can manage right now. If you can only manage three times, why not try going three times a week for a month and then try going four times a week for a month and so on. To me, it's best to build up on what you can manage rather than going full force into something, feeling the pressure and getting annoyed with yourself when you don't succeed at what you wanted to achieve.

Same goes for food, try looking into new recipes for different foods and spending some time looking at what you're eating and trying to work out a food plan that will suit you and your schedule.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:10 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

You're not alone, I think that's why so many people let their gym memberships lag, they get bored with it. Is there some way that you can incorporate gym with other outside exercise, so that gym is not your only mode of exercise? Perhaps gym several days a week and some other form of exercise every other day, like jogging or walking or at home exercise dvds.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 03:26 PM   #4  
Mini Goal 1- 199

S/C/G: 275/201.3/160

Height: 5'7

I definitely agree with incorporating gym exercises with other exercise. I go to the gym maybe 2-3 times a week, mostly to run on the treadmill because it's so hot and humid where I live year-round. All my other workouts I do at home with workout videos of varying kinds. I love kickboxing one, right now I'm into Zuzka Light and You Are Your Own Gym which are sort of body weight-type exercises.

If you were enjoying C25K, keep at it. If 5 workouts a week is your goal, you can do C25K 3 days a week and take classes 2 days a week or you can switch it up as fits your schedule. I'm not a "gym class" person and there are so many options. The best exercise is the one you will do, whatever it is.
toastedsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote