Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 10/9/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-09-2013, 07:34 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. It's Wednesday, my least favorite IP day. I'm tired from running around all week, but the weekend is still far. It's also the day before my weigh in. I like weigh in days on IP, but I am usually almost our of food! So I open my cupboard with all my IP food, and there's not much there! I love the first Thursdays, when I have a great weigh in, get to pick all my food for the week, try something new. Wednesdays, not so much! I sometimes buy a couple extra packets, and obviously need to do that this week, to giveme more variety by the end of the week.

Or maybe I need to change my weigh in day! Every week!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Wednesday!!

Weigh-in tomorrow! I'm feeling good about this one. My new $5 jeans that I got about a month ago are now falling at the hips and saggy in the bum... But over the weekend my sister moved in with my husband and I and she let me go through her closet. Got myself a nice pair of size 12 dress pants!! I said no way they would fit but my sister just said to try them! Going to be showing those off at work this afternoon for sure!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:30 AM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

I'm with you 1littlestar - Wednesday is usually a bear. BUT the weekend is around the corner so hang tough!

Don't smaller sizes make you feel great Susie? My sister cleaned out her closet the other day - mostly 10s and 12s which I am not wearing yet. But they are sure inspirational! I haven't had small clothes in my closet (ok, they're in a box in my closet) in a long time. Looking forward to being able to actually wear them!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #5  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Good morning!

I'm with you 1littlestar - Wednesday is usually a bear. BUT the weekend is around the corner so hang tough!

Don't smaller sizes make you feel great Susie? My sister cleaned out her closet the other day - mostly 10s and 12s which I am not wearing yet. But they are sure inspirational! I haven't had small clothes in my closet (ok, they're in a box in my closet) in a long time. Looking forward to being able to actually wear them!
It is a great feeling. I have so many nice summer clothes that I was too big for this summer and I'm pretty sure that they will be too big for me next summer, but I am going to hang on to them for now as my mom is losing weight as well. She loves that every time I visit her I bring a bag of clothes. And now it is great for me that I can raid my sisters closet (she has everything from 14s-9s) to get me through for a while without buying something to wear for a short time.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #6  

Hi Everyone!

Just checking in- it's been busy around here recently. Well, after several weeks of holding steady, I lost 6.8 pounds this week- I am in shock! I knew that the inches were coming off, but that is my biggest loss since week one. Wahoo!

On a related note, I am down a couple of sizes and I don't have much in the size I am in. I am only 1-2 sizes away from my regular size, so I don't want to buy much, but I can't wear stuff that doesn't look professional for work. I tried the goodwill in town, but I've only found shirts not pants or skirts that would work (it's small and always seems very picked over). We don't have a good consignment place. ( I did however just buy a red j.crew miniskirt to wear with tights! I haven't worn a miniskirt since before I was pregnant!)

Anyone have any ideas for how to find a few things kind of cheaply? Had any luck on ebay? I'm worried about not trying it on first?

I don't have time to drive the 3 hours to the next bigger city....
Old 10-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #7  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

congrats to everyone & their accomplishments!! I'm feeling great these days & wanted to share my most recent progress pic! I've been OP for 20 weeks & lost 62lbs! From a size 16 to a size 10! I actually tried on some 8's I have & they alllllllmost fit! I love this plan and I've been referred EVERYONE I know to try it!
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

Well done, Eguarantee! You look fantastic. I love it when people share their photos. Someday I'll get the courage to post mine, I hope - it took me 5 months just to feel comfortable enough to add an avatar!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:04 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
congrats to everyone & their accomplishments!! I'm feeling great these days & wanted to share my most recent progress pic! I've been OP for 20 weeks & lost 62lbs! From a size 16 to a size 10! I actually tried on some 8's I have & they alllllllmost fit! I love this plan and I've been referred EVERYONE I know to try it!
[IMG][/IMG]
Congrats!!!!! That is great!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Way to go!! You look awesome!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Outstanding! You look awesome! Congrats!

Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Eguarnantee you look fabulous! That's a beatiful IP smile for sure!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #13  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
[IMG][/IMG]
Way to Geaux! WHO DAT!

For all you non Louisiana folks WHo Dat is the battle cry for the New Orleans Saints
Old 10-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Hi Everyone!

Just checking in- it's been busy around here recently. Well, after several weeks of holding steady, I lost 6.8 pounds this week- I am in shock! I knew that the inches were coming off, but that is my biggest loss since week one. Wahoo!

On a related note, I am down a couple of sizes and I don't have much in the size I am in. I am only 1-2 sizes away from my regular size, so I don't want to buy much, but I can't wear stuff that doesn't look professional for work. I tried the goodwill in town, but I've only found shirts not pants or skirts that would work (it's small and always seems very picked over). We don't have a good consignment place. ( I did however just buy a red j.crew miniskirt to wear with tights! I haven't worn a miniskirt since before I was pregnant!)

Anyone have any ideas for how to find a few things kind of cheaply? Had any luck on ebay? I'm worried about not trying it on first?

I don't have time to drive the 3 hours to the next bigger city....
I'm a big fan of eBay for transitional clothes. It's usually cheap and I've never had a bad experience.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking Good Wednesday Morning

Good Morning my lovely IPers.

Today is better. I feel so good today. This is the last time I will talk abt my parents BUT yesterday I talked to my dad who sounded like he had the weight of the world lifted off his shoulders, he was upbeat and cheery. They are getting a modular home and they will start digging the basement in a few weeks. He will settle with insurance by Friday. They will have NO MORTGAGE, no loans NADA there is a silver lining in all of this.

Anywho today is my bday. DH has not said happy bday to me yet. So lets see what he does. Also I need a winter coat,but I hate to spend $$$$ on one when I am shrinking (I hope). I did pick out 2 new coach purses and wallets that I want too

OH! I found a a 0/0/0 caramel syrup at the dollar store that DOES NOT tast fakey-artificial and gross. it tastes like caramel is a IP friendly OMG it is so good. it is called café al fresco

anywho happy HUMPDAY!

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-09-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Closed Thread