10-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Join Date: Sep 2013
Originally Posted by lisa32989
Adding another recipe to my fav cauliflower recipe
(Have I mentioned I LOVE tacos??? I have taco salad FREQUENTLY!)
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (all the flowerets)
- 3 eggs OR 4 egg whites
- ^ yup, thatís it!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Use a food processor, blender, or hand grater to grate the cauliflower into a crumb-like texture
- Microwave the cauliflower for 5 minutes, stirring a little halfway through
- [If you donít want to use a microwave for Step 3] Move the grated cauliflower to a pan and add 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pan and steam over medium-high heat for about 8-10 minutes. Just make sure to stir half-way through to avoid the cauliflower from burning. Keep in mind that you will have a bit more water to squeeze out.
- Place the now-cooked cauliflower in a kitchen towel, that is on top of a seive, on a bowl (wow, that was confusing.. look at the pictures below). Make sure to drain as much exces water as possible.. there is surprisingly A LOT of water in cauliflower
- Mix the drained cauliflower and eggs until smooth
- Place the mixture on a baking sheet into circles at about 1/4Ē thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Bake for another 5-7 minutes. This is important to dry out the tortilla
- Move the tortillas to cooling rack to cool, so the bottom does not become soggy
I made mine a little small so I had 5 rounds. I also added a bit of cumin. Very tasty!