Old 10-08-2013, 03:25 AM   #1  

Default New to the group!

Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone! Stumbled across this forum and was very excited about it as I read through some of the discussions. I started IP sept 16 2013. I just finished the end of my 3rd week and am down 14 lbs. my goal is to loose 60 lbs all together. I would love to have a buddy to share my day with and success with IP. Hope to hear from you all soon!
Christabrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi-

Welcome!! Congrats on your weight loss. IP is a great program. I am in week 8 (I think) and I have lost 26, on my way to 60-65ish. I am glad you found our happy little family. As with a family there is tough love and support. I hope you find 3FC as helpful as I have.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 AM   #3  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I too stumbled across this site when I started IP, while searching for any info that would help me. Thank goodness for 3FC and the support, and yes, sometimes tough love. I don't think I would have done as well without it. You are well on your way to your goal. Congrats on your losses so far. They are awesome!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: 5'9"

Hey, I am new here as well. I started IP on Sept 30th and have only lost 2 lbs so far I am trying to do it on my own without the help of a clinic because I simply can't afford to pay the cost. I have been searching for alternative products and mostly eating vegi's and proteins or a protein shake at every meal. I know that the IP foods are ideal and I can't wait till I can afford them Good luck in your journey!
Breanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabrillon View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself to everyone! Stumbled across this forum and was very excited about it as I read through some of the discussions. I started IP sept 16 2013. I just finished the end of my 3rd week and am down 14 lbs. my goal is to loose 60 lbs all together. I would love to have a buddy to share my day with and success with IP. Hope to hear from you all soon!
Christabrillon - there are plenty of people here that can follow with you on this roller coaster ride that is IP.

Your first weeks have gone well - congratulations on the hard work that must represent. It starts to be really second nature after a while so you may be getting to that point.

Welcome
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:22 PM   #6  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christabrillon View Post
Welcome! Way to go on your losses already!
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #7  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breanna View Post
Hey, I am new here as well. I started IP on Sept 30th and have only lost 2 lbs so far I am trying to do it on my own without the help of a clinic because I simply can't afford to pay the cost. I have been searching for alternative products and mostly eating vegi's and proteins or a protein shake at every meal. I know that the IP foods are ideal and I can't wait till I can afford them Good luck in your journey!
Breanna: I have been using alternatives since about week 8. The nice thing is that I had a solid foundation before going off on my own. I could not have done that without this web site. Check out the alternatives threads. They are quite valuable. Unfortunately you will have to do a lot of reading to get a good feeling for what products will work. Below are some alternative guidelines that may be helpful in how to choose an alternative to IP products:

1. At least 12g of protein
2. Calories between 70 - 160
3. Unrestricted is 8 or less net carbs
4. Restricted is 9+ net carbs
5. 30% or less calories from fat
6. No aspartame

I order my products from Nashua Nutrition and dietdirect.com. I order Protidiet, Proti-thin, Health Smart and Wonderslim products. In addition, I also buy EAS Advantedge Carb Control drinks at Sam's Club and Detour Low Sugar Variety Pack bars. I buy my protein powder from Complete Nutrition at a local store. The kind I use is called V-Core Vantage in Chocolate, Vanilla, Smores, Cookies and Cream or Creamsicle flavors. There is a product called Muscle Milk Light (RTD-Ready to Drink) that is IP compliant as well as Premier Protein RTD 18g protein vanilla drink (harder to find). I recently found South Beach Meal bars in chocolate peanut butter and chocolate chunk that are quite tasty. My favorite products include the Protidiet BBQ or Chili Lime Soy Puffs, White Chedder or BBQ crisps, the bars are all pretty good depending on whether you like chewy or crunchy/chewy. Many people buy Quest Bars from GNC or order them online. I do not care for those, but so many people love them. Watch them to make sure they are not high calorie or carb ones. They vary and I think there is a 100% natural line.

Check out the recipe threads, especially Rainbow's recipes. They are lifesavers! The first post in the Daily Chat thread has links to just about anything you need. If you are looking for something in particular you may find that google is a good way to locate info. Just type what you are looking for and include Ideal Protein 3fatchicks in your search. It has worked for me every time.

Good luck!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #8  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

^That's great information and I bet a lot cheaper in the long haul as well. I mean once we are done our program and getting our food, it is up to us to find alternatives.

Welcome Christabrillon to 3fc and to Ideal Protein. You seem to have started IP at the same time as me and you have about to lose as I do. I'm here for you if you need a buddy.
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #9  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to both of you! I'm new, too, and this board is very helpful.
MelissaKate73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! I'm on my 4th week & I have to say I couldn't have done it without this forum. There is so much good info & support here. Look through the sticky's & ask questions. Another alternative that I haven't really seen posted on here is the Isopure zero carb protein powder. One scoop has 25 grams of protein. I love the cookies & cream & mint chocolate chip. Good luck to everyone!!
Lolu120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #11  

Thanks everyone!! It's great to see all the support on this forum. Ic love seeing others success with IP too.

Jojo that would be awesome! Would be nice to buddy up with someone who started around the same time as me.
Christabrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: 5'9"

WOW Dak1lls! Thank you for that information, especially the guidelines. That's what I need, the basics lol. You have confirmed some of what I was already doing which is great for me I love hearing what other people have tried and liked,I have heard people rave about quest bars too. My only problem with the bars is that they all seem very dense and heavy, but I have only tried a couple of kinds.
Breanna is offline   Reply With Quote