Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: With the Holiday Season here, what are your predictions on the scale come New Years
I think I will stay the same as I am now. 2 8.33%
I suspect I will be up 1-2lbs from where I am now. 2 8.33%
I speculate I will be up 3-4lbs from where I am now 3 12.50%
I worry I will be up 5lbs or more from where I am now. 0 0%
I believe I will have lost 1-2lbs from where I am now. 0 0%
I hope I will have lost 3-4lbs from where I am now. 8 33.33%
I expect I will have lost 5-10lbs from where I am now. 6 25.00%
I trust I will have lost more than 10lbs from where I am now. 3 12.50%
I think you better come looking for me after New Years! 0 0%
Other (care to explain ?) 0 0%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 05:52 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 11/10-11/16

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=34301

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 11-10-2003, 06:06 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today, both great I believe!

NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS

Would you be satisfied with a few hundred dollars, if you knew you could have had a million? It seems foolish to walk away from so much value.

Yet every time you give anything less than you're capable of giving, you're doing much the same thing. Every time you choose a quick, inferior shortcut instead of making the full effort, you're missing out on value that could have been yours.

If you see the task in front of you as a chore to be tolerated, it will not bring you much. When you see it, though, as an opportunity to build value, there's no limit to where it can lead.

This day is yours, not just to get through, but to make use of and to build something great. Wherever you are, whatever you're doing, no matter how much or how little you have with which to work, there is a way to climb ever higher.

And that way is to put the power of your attention, the power of your commitment into what you're doing, no matter what it may be. Excellence is welcomed and rewarded everywhere it is applied, and no job is too large or too small to do your very best.

Whatever it is you find yourself doing, truly care about doing it right. And you'll never have to settle for anything less than the very best.

-- Ralph Marston

SUCCESS OF OTHERS

Some people see those who have achieved great success, and they respond by becoming envious. Others respond by becoming inspired and committed to reaching even greater goals of their own. Some people respond to the success of others by trying to take it away or minimize it in some way. Others realize that their efforts are far better spent in creating their own success.

Another person's success does not in any way diminish your prospects. In fact, the more people there are who are truly successful, the more opportunities you have to succeed. No one who thrives at the expense of others will continue to thrive for long. For true and lasting success comes only to those who provide positive and useful value to others.

The success of your neighbor is your success too. For it makes even more possibilities available to you. Let the success of others positively inspire you. Then go ahead and become an inspiration yourself.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-10-2003, 06:10 AM   #3  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Easy one, not hard to do. Just list the starchy carbs you eat, with amounts, if possible, for at least 3 days this week (or any days, whatever you can do).
Old 11-10-2003, 06:11 AM   #4  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!!!!

IT'S GREENRN'S BIRTHDAY THIS THURSDAY, NOV. 13TH

Old 11-10-2003, 06:54 AM   #5  

I wanted to hop on here early and wish everyone a good week! Let's make this the best week ever! Love yourself, and do what is best for you...stay on plan and treat yourself like you deserve. I have a tremendously busy day today, so I may not be able to get back until tonight or tomorrow....

Until then!
Old 11-10-2003, 08:05 AM   #6  

Good Monday Morning

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Went to bed hoping I'd be nicely rested and having the desire to go out and walk. I got up, a bit earlier than expected due to that darn phone ringing, got dressed and hoped I'd have the drive to go. I didn't, but I kept hoping and wishing and as I sit here, still dressed to go out and walk, my body just feels drained and I just don't feel like going. What can I say Hey, at least I got dressed to go, that's a start. I shouldn't be so tired but I think TOM is due this week (lost track) and I think maybe that's why I'm so tired.

Also, with TOM coming I think that's why the scale is up 2lbs for me today. That and eating a lot of ELI'S eggplant dish he made last night, which was absolutley DELISH!!!

I have to go to the Gables, where my parents live, to do a few things today and probably will miss yoga. I have to go to my Grandfathers house and get my folding table to use this weekend for my garage sale, go to the bank with DM and try to find a place that can somehow patch my couch seat. SOMEONE must of put their feet up on my couch and snagged it with something like a belt buckle and made a hole. I love my couch, it's huge and fits perfectly where it is and I don't want to have to get rid of it. Unfortunately the way this particular cushion is made you can't flip it over

Well, I just MAY have the recipe for OLE OLE'S salad dressing in my hands. I've asked lots of questions and I think I have all ingredients and amounts and will try to get the ingredients one day soon and try to make a batch. If all works out, I'll be passing it along-it's delicious and the reason I go there, oh, the dressing AND their salsa!!

As of today, it will be 2 weeks since LAUREN started the SOBE DIET. I know she's not eating enough, or drinking enough water and she's stuck having lost 5lbs, all the first week. Starting tomorrow she'll start PHASE 2 and I'm hoping she'll find, eating the SB way easier, as well as seeing she can lose more weight if she eats right. I'm really proud of her, not so much about the weight loss, but more that she's been resilient in sticking to a diet without cheating for 2 weeks now. It was all her idea, she chose this diet, and decided the timing was right for her, and for that, I'm really proud of her efforts. The weight loss is secondary.

Okay, on to some replies...

MONET, that eggplant recipe sounds delish and you KNOW how I just love eggplant. Of course, I'll pass it to ELI and ask him to make it, you just KNOW how my cooking is! BTW, what exactly are pimentos?

KITTY, you sound like you have a good grip on the concept of SB. The only thing I think may not be good are the crackers. I've never bought, or seen, this brand, but does it list SGWW flour as the flour used? I'm surprised there are so many crackers in a serving. When I eat my WW crackers, the serving size is 4, like the saltine size-not much. Anyhow, as you said, moderation, which is one of the main keys to being successful at this WOE

DAVE, thanks DAVE, sometimes, you just don't know Hey, at least he wasn't naked!!! Thanks for posting that article.

COUNTRY, thanks for the link-will check it out later. Hopefully, it won't be far more than my brain can handle

TONI, good luck today with the journaling. Looking forward to taking a look at what you're doing

AGAPE, looking forward to seeing more of you this week

MOM, not to worry, a few chips aren't going to mess you up. It could easily be for many reasons, like TOM-I'm up 2lbs today and I'm not worried at the least. I can tell you, if you can get a piece of graph paper and make a weight chart, or find one on line, you can know, over time, how your body will go up and down during certain times of the month - like TOM and mid-cycle - for me it's a given.

Well, I'm outta here. The least I could do this morning is go clean the kitchen up from the weekend mess, then enjoy something for breakfast. Will check in later, before I leave for the day.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie

Old 11-10-2003, 08:05 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone. Wow a new week to do what ever we want to with it. I'll have to say I've tried the South Beach diet this week and it just isn't for me. I think Sugar Busters has spoiled me but I want my bread and fruit. So no more of that and back to SB.

Deb- Thanks so much for calling. I really needed your inspiration. I'll be journaling this week. Sorry we got cut off.

Monet- Morning to ya... Hope you have a great day.

All right I'm off and running. Going to walk at the campground at 10 this morning.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:39 AM   #8  

DEB: Pimentos are a type of sweet red pepper. They can be found in the pickle/olive area of the grocery store. They come chopped, sliced, and whole, usually in a jar.

TONI: I am with you! Give me bread and fruit! I did Atkins for years, and the bread is what I missed most! I love being able to have some on SB without feeling guilty.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:40 AM   #9  

Oh, wow. I just noticed that this will be my 1000th post! How exciting is that?
Old 11-10-2003, 09:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning.

A new week to make great strides. Let's make it a good one. My weekend eating was so-so. Not too bad. Let's say I did have a fight with the cheese nips. They won, but they are gone for good now. We went to a brakfast buffet yesterday. I don't know why, I don't get my monies worth. I did have 1 biscuit and gravy, but that was my only starchy carbs for the day. The only other meal I had was a salad for dinner with chicken in it. The scale was up 1 pound today. I putting it away for awhile. It frustrates me.

I really miss not being on the board for the weekends. I need to do something about getting a computer at home while DD has mine at school.

Monet, thank you for the MM. Hope your day isn't too busy. Congrats on your 1000 post.

Deb, What a shame about your couch. Hope you can find a way to fix it. Congrats to Lauren on making it 2 weeks w/o cheating. It is an accomplishment to do something and the wt loss is secondary, but if she were to start losing again it would sure help her stay motivated. Maybe if you just walked a short while instead of jumping back into the whole amount it would help. Looking forward to that dressing recipe. What does it taste like? Does it contain salsa? Oh I went to the HFS yesterday, and the didn't carry the Sheltons ww pot pies either. What has happened to them? They had the regular ones. Also, the Hodgens Mills ww pancake mix contains corn meal. Can we have it?

Toni, I started the SBD and couldn't do w/o my bread and fruit too. Oh well, we know this works so why look elsewhere. I am limiting my carbs to 1 a day (if possible). Enjoy your walk. Are you all looking for rain this week too?

I'm off to read the weekend posts. Be back later.
P. S. I'm not voting on the poll yet. I want to say I will be down. BUt the way things have been going, I may have to stick with being the same.

Jackie
257/156/145
10-10-01
Old 11-10-2003, 09:15 AM   #11  

Hi everyone.

My day didn't start out so great. The kids came in my room and told me it was time to get up, I looked at the clock and it was time for the bus to run! Kerri was ready for school, but Katie wasn't, she had just gotten up. I told her to get herself ready for school and then looked out the door and hubby had taken my car! I haven't a clue where he went other then the gym, but when I called them to have him paged, he didn't answer the page. Boy is he in some trouble. I called the shop and talked to one of the guys there and luckily he's extrememly nice and came and picked up the girls and took them to school for me.

Hubby just came home, and I gave him another lecture on taking my car! Can you believe he has nothing to say for not resetting the alarm so I'd get up?! Geez, I swear if it's not the kids driving me crazy it's him!

The weekend was ok for me. I made a zucchini loaf and ended up eating nearly the whole thing myself, but at least it wasn't all in one day! I did have a little bit of a pecan roll yesterday though, other then that I stayed OP!

Monet, Wow 1000 posts!

Deb, Congrats to Lauren!

Toni, I have to say that I haven't tried any other "diet" and stuck with it like I have SB. It's so easy!

Well I had better get going here this morning, lots of cleaning to do I'll talk to y'all later.

Jenn
Old 11-10-2003, 10:03 AM   #12  
Goddess

Morning all! Just a quick check in before I head to the dentist for a cleaning. I have to take an antibiotic before I go, so I've got to go to the drug store first!

Eating was not so good over the weekend, but today is a new day and I'm not going to stress about it. I did manage to get some chores done that I'd been meaning to do--including spending all day yesterday shredding old documents. I feel like I have uncluttered a lot of my life--which helps!

Today I need to move files from my 2002 candidates into storage so I can begin files for my 2004 candidates. I have two signed up already and will be talking to a third this week.

I'm still sulking over Auburn's game this weekend. We shouldn't have lost. That's all I'm going to say about that! Congrats to BOB on a big win for UT on Saturday and to everyone else whose team won!

It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving is a little more than two weeks away. I will be heading to NC two weeks from today. I was just thinking that I ought to make some WW bread to freeze then I can turn into stuffing mix ( have used WW bread to make my dressing for the last three years and the family loves it--they don't know it is any different from the regular stuff my DM used to buy). With WW stuffing and a SF apple pie made with WW crust, I can feast on THanksgiving and it will be totally legal day!

I saw that Mrs. Smith now has a No Sugar Added Apple pie in the forzen pie section at my gorcery store. Of course it is made with white flour--but still it would be better than the sugar laden stuff. I like making pies though. Everyone has their favorite and I make'em all for Thanksgiving. We have almost one pie per person!

Thanksgiving is easy SB wise for me--it's the stretch from then until Christmas that I find hard. Everyone--and I mean EVERYONE pushes sweets for the entire month. That's really when we need to stick together on this board.

Have a great week everyone!

Susan
Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 AM   #13  

Good Monday morning:

I cannot believe that we are posting for November 10-16th; where has the time gone? I used to laugh when I saw Christmas stuff going up in the stores the day after Christmas...now I understand why they do it. The time goes so fast, and people do procrastinate. If it is right there in their faces everytime they go to the store, maybe they'll get a move on.

I was at 121.5# this morning, and one day over the weekend, I was at 120#. I'm not even doing anything differently....hmmm.

We had a very productive weekend around here. We tore apart Britt's room and cleaned it completely. I got all the laundry and ironing done, and we baked some more. We made the applesauce brownies and they turned out well (I substituted the full amount of agave for the full amount of Splenda). I used one of my 70% cocoa bars for the topping. We also made Rizza's pumpkin cheesecake but haven't tried it yet; it wasn't set enough last night. If it is good, I'll post her recipe on here. We also made the almond crust to go with it. I also tried my hand at the pita's for a second time. Some puffed up and some didn't, and some did partially. BUT, they are still delicious. When I pulled them out of the over yesterday, I topped with some ref. beans, cheese & salsa and baked them enough to melt the cheese and then added black olives, lettuce and tomatoes (wish I had sour cream in the house). They were delicious; tasted like Indian Fry bread without all the grease.

Today, I hope to go to the gym when Britt is in school, but that all depends on whether Lane gets her nap or not.

BOB: Always nice to replace those baggy pants!!

cheryl: my mom had told me about reading that in the SOBE book, but I talked to the nutritionist who told me that Metamucil is really hard on the system and to take the straight psyllum husks. I don't understand now, ifthat is all that the metamucil is. I might get some phyllum husks at the store, and have around for when I know I'm going to have a large or starchy meal. It's good for regularity.

heart: How tall are you? You do look awfully thin in that Halloween picture; but you wouldn't have noticed that yourself if we hadn't told you that (ha). I know how you feel. Once you've had the extra weight, it's hard to see yourself like everyone else does. It still catches me off-guard when I hear, "you're so tiny." I can totally relate to the Boogie saga. Lane wants everything on every shelf, and when she doesn't get it, watch out. I was at the grocery store the other day, and she was screaming for the cereal. There was a group of men there, and one said, "just give it to her." I said, "you don't have to live with her." I'm not going to cave in and give in to her just to shut her up. If she didn't have that sweet loving side to her, I'd really wonder about this parenting thing. She is at the stage that she puckers up and then plants a big slobbery wet kiss on you. I love those kisses. She is starting to say so much now, and I love the stage she's getting to (other than the premature tantrums - she won't even be 2 until July). Sorry you are having a bad TOM. My back always hurts when it is that time; I had a back injury years ago, and it doesn't take too much to irritate it.

Monet: Sorry your meeting was disappointing; I'd be too. These are women you used to spend hours with, and then you had to cram this meeting into one hour. The eggplant recipe sounds yummy.

Dave: It must be the doctor's scales that are off, not yours .

Deb: Sounds like you found some great bargains out there at those garage sales. I am going to go to some this weekend after I go to the gym. I actually got the regular pretzel stix when I was at Auntie Anne's; they never seem to affect me in a bad way. BUT, I am still curious if they use SGWW in their pretzels; I might check their site and see if I can get that info. It would still be better to get one of those than the regular. I hope you are able to repair your couch cushion. I wish we could replace all our furniture, but will have to wait awhile.

Kitty: Sounds like you have done your research and are planning ahead. You will do well. That shoppers guide is really handy to have when starting out. I eat the Blue Bunny yogurt for breakfast often; I just add some ground flaxseed and nuts for fiber.

Toni: Welcome back to SB.

Jack-K: I feel the same about buffets. We spent a lot of money on buffets in Vegas when we were there, and I truly did not get my money's worth.

jecrites: at least you got all that fiber from the zucc. loaf . DH can be pretty frustrating at times.

Well I better get going. I have lots to get done this morning before we leave for school.

Have a great day!!
Nat
Old 11-10-2003, 10:22 AM   #14  

Getting ready to leave in a moment, just thought I'd come on and quickly catch up...

TONI, will e-mail you that other site later today. If for some reason I don't, please remind me to do so. Sorry about that with the phone, I knew it was going to happen!!!

MONET, I've seen them but just wasn't sure where they originated from. I always see them stuffed in green olives.

JACKK, I don't like buffets at all, esp after having my stomach stapled, what's the point if you can't eat your monies worth. At least at a restuarant, I can doggie bag it. I never thought about just walking a little. If I had had that mentality I'd probably gotten out and then walked the normal 4.5 miles. The dressing is a vinegarette type. It has things like onion, parm. cheese, white pepper, Lea & Perrins, lemon/lime juice, Grey Pupon mustard, and a few other things - it's really good! Hmmm, I wonder what's going on with the pot pies - may have to write the company and ask

JEC, DH has some splaining to do I see Glad you were able to get the kids off to school. I'd die if I wasn't able to get my kids to school on time, has never happened and I hope it will never happen.

FILLISE, sounds like you have your TD planned food wise. My family knows my food is SB LEGAL and even knowing I've made it, they like it AND eat it, without any ill-effects

PANCHO, I don't think it's SGWW flour, and if they use it, it's not totally. I've seen the info before and just decided, for me, I wasn't going to eat them. We actually like the jalepeno ones. I do have recipes for WW pretzels if you want. Actually, I think the recipe's on the board already

Okay, gotta run - "see" you guys later.

Deb
Old 11-10-2003, 10:56 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 285/210/130

Height: 5'1

Toni
This is too funny! I started South Beach (SBD) last Monday and made it till this morning. I have had a low level headache pretty much since I started. After reading posts at the Prevention SBD board and finding out a lot of people had headaches the whole 2 weeks of induction I said "Forget this!" I just had a nice bowl of oatmeal and feel so much better!
I had really bad headaches before I had 2 strokes and a headache scares me a lot!
So Induction was not do-able for me.
I did realize I was eating a lot of crap. I'd eat out and have boneless chicken wings that were cooked in a fryer and breaded. I was eating way to many carbs. Not enough protein and not enough veggies! So it helped. I lost 3 of the 5 pounds I've put on since slacking.

Deb
DD grew up listening to all kinds of music, Rock, Country, Classical. Thankfully she likes all music and we're not stuck listening to headbanger music all day! Right now she's into Fleetwood Mac.
Closed Thread