Old 10-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #1  
Growing My Wings

S/C/G: 350/334/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Vegetarian Atkins?

Is there anyone out there that is vegetarian or semi and working on an Atkins diet? or something similar to it?
IvoryAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

The Atkins website has a link for that:
Atkins for Vegetarian and I also found this:
The Eco Atkins Diet
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #3  
Growing My Wings

Munchy - I had seen the Atkins Vegetarian I was hoping someone had first hand experience.

Although the second link Eco Atkins Diet that is an awesome resource!!

I think meat is my enemy I get severely ill when eating to much of it and sometimes even a little bit of it. When they recommended that's all I eat I was like gosh I'll die before the end of six months.

The Eco Atkins has awesome information and might provide an great balance to make it for the six months.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:37 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Back maybe 8 years ago I was a vegetarian on South Beach. The first phase is pretty low carb, similar to Atkins. I remember eating a lot of soup, stuffed vegetables (mushroom caps, peppers, zucchini), tofu, quorn, veggie burgers, eggs, nuts, cheese, and salad.

I don't really recall if I altered the plan to add more carbs for counting or if I just stayed away from very starchy vegetables, fruits, and any grains.

It wasn't very easy, but I was also in my early twenties and worked entirely too many hours. It would probably be much more manageable now.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #5  
Growing My Wings

Munchy that's exactly what I was thinking maybe just remove starchy items first and work my way through it see what happens. I think as long as I stay within her guidelines maybe I'll be okay!

I think its like 1200 calories
115 carbs
115 protein
and 40 fat maybe I dont' recall exactly the fat

I'ma give it a run see what goes with it thanks for your Vegetairain perspective!