View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #48
diyana
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I'm exhausted. I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Had a great time on Saturday when my stepbrother and I went out on the San Francisco Bay on a catamaran. It was supposed to be a wildlife trip with the chance to see seals/sea lions, whales, dolphins. Well, we saw some seals. They were very cute. Anyway, it was beautiful (nearly 80), which is practically unheard of in San Francisco at any time of year. And it was lovely to get out on the bay. We went under the Golden Gate Bridge, but not too far out into the ocean. I took lots of photos, some which I will include on Mel's digital frame. Sunday, I went to the Packer bar to watch the Packers beat Detroit with the other Packer fans. It was a lot of fun. Then I went to Costco to pick up some healthy items for portable breakfasts, lunches and snacks. I picked up Santa from day care and got home...only to feel like I was having a blood sugar crash. So I ate a greek yogurt, and took a nap. I still didn't feel right for the rest of the day - and I'm not feeling 100% today.

Speaking of the digital frame...It looks like a lot of you have posted wonderful photos! I'm really enjoying looking at them! I hope there's some way I can have the filename display on the photo or a way to easily add a caption, so Mel knows what she's looking at. I must confess, I haven't gone through my photos yet. I'll do that this week.

As for those of you who are having trouble with DropBox...I second what Shad said. No one is stupid here! And I won't have anyone saying so. We all have our talents and areas of expertise. And like Shad said, if you want to email me the pictures 1 or 2 at a time, that's fine. Or save them to a USB thumb/flash drive/memory stick whatever the heck it's called and mail it to me.

Sorry to hear about all the rain everyone in the Midwest got. I hadn't heard about all the flooding. I'm glad you all are safe. I heard about the 3' of snow in one of the Dakotas...and I just thought to myself "I am SO glad I don't have to deal with snow anymore!"

======================
Annie - Friday is not a hard and fast deadline for the pictures. I just wanted to give folks a guideline because I'd like to get the frame sent to Mel sometime next week. Let me know when you send the thumb drive so I can be on the lookout for it. Glad you had a nice time babysitting the lil man. How fun that your friend from St. Louis is coming for a visit! What a wonderful time to look forward to!

Shad - I love the pictures you've posted. And good for you for doing so well on the Abs Challenge. I haven't done any since Day 2, and with today being Oct. 7, I'm several days behind. I'll just kick in from where I left off. Thanks for posting a photo of Jen. She's doesn't look like I pictured her. I don't know if I've ever seen pictures of Mel either. I really like all your family photos. Sophia has the most beautiful eyes! She's just adorable! I also really like the photo of you and your siblings holding a photo taken when you were kids.

Ceejay - Good for you for sticking with the abs challenge. And sending a check in the mail is totally fine. No worries. The photo of you and your nephew is really nice! Bummer that your friend isn't liking her new job.

Happy - Thanks for uploading some of Patty's and Mary's photos. Sorry the festival was difficult to navigate. I've both bought and sold things at festivals and craft fairs, and the people that choose take up residence right in front of a booth to have an hour-long conversation with long lost friends...ugh. That and the people pushing strollers that hit you in the ankle. I do appreciate the people on ATVs and Golf Carts who shuttle festival goers. Was this the Warrens, WI Cranberry festival. That's the biggest Wisconsin cranberry festival I've heard of...but I have no idea where Warrens is in relation to where you live. I hope your knee and neck pain have eased up. I'm enjoying sharing all the lovely photos too! You're looking as great as ever! And I love the photos of your home and the critters. And thanks for posting the photo of me, Annie and Laura!

Laura - I love your photos! It's so nice to put a face to your "bf" finally since I didn't get to meet him when you, me and Annie met up for lunch. Vacations always fly by too quickly...and then there's always Mt. Email and Mt. Piled Up Work to catch up on. Enjoy your pilates class tonight. I should go to the gym tonight...but it will be a "game-time" decision as right now, I'm exhausted and not feeling all that great.

Well, I've got to tackle my to do list.

Much love to all,

Say it... shout it... believe it... "I AM GOING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN!"...then DO IT!

"You don't drown by falling in the water; you drown by staying there." ~ Edwin Louis Cole

My Mini Goals:
1) Exercise 6 days per week at least 45 minutes per day
2) Every day burn at least 500 more calories than I eat
3) Goal weight for bariatric surgery (need to reach by 11/7): 224
4) Make the most of each moment

Last edited by diyana : 10-07-2013 at 02:20 PM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote