View Single Post
Old 10-06-2013, 04:46 PM   #30
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Beautiful Roctober Sunday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

Windy day in the 60įs and I am not doing much between church services. Will has gone down to the festivities to man the museum table for awhile and I am home alone with the animals and a pesky fly. There were just a few of us for pot-luck to day and I ate sparingly even though there was plenty of food I just wasnít that hungry today.

Donít you just love getting those emails that say ďa good friend wants you to visit this websiteĒ and I just dump them. Any of my good friends would send me an email from their computer and recommend a web site and not put it through a tele-marketer. Duh.

Hopefully the correct parts for our Jeep get delivered tomorrow so we can hit the road soon. I am anxious to get acquainted with our MH. I had Will bring up a box from the basement that has some things I had set aside to put in our RV and I was happy to see that I have enough to make a good meal with or bake anything we would want while out and about. They are small baking pans for I will be cooking for just of the two of us most of the time when we are out and about and wonít be saving any leftovers. I donít know the dimensions of the inside of the oven but these small items will surely fit inside with ample room for the convection air to circulate around them. One of my treasures is a cast iron smooth griddle on one side and ridges on the other. It is only a foot square and perfect for a camp stove and I can make Paniniís on the ridged side and pancakes on the smooth side. I had used it inside and out before. I have a larger version that I can use in my indoor kitchen here in the house. I like to have smaller versions of things we use most in the kitchen. It is different when we are full timing than when we are just out for a few days. I can plan the meals and make sure I have the proper things to cook or bake them in with us. I will not stock the kitchen nearly like I did when we were full timing. But I am happy that I saved all those smaller sized items and can use them all once again. If I donít use something then there is ďno use to lug it around the countryĒ is my philosophy. Anyway I am having fun checking my old things and making decisions on what to put in the MH and what I need to buy. What we really do need to buy are a couple of nice lawn chairs for when we are out and about hunting artifacts I will need some times to sit down. If I sat on the ground I doubt if I could get back up. We do things differently when we get older donít we for we have different needs.

DONNA FAYE Yes those Bento boxes are great. Wish they had them when I was packing school lunches. I got something similiar from WW that has room for veggies and dressing for take along. Or what ever you want to pack along ~ has a nice ring that you can put in the freezer to keep things cold. I got a couple of them for our take alongs when we are out and about. I am so glad for you that your hair turned out the way you like it and your main squeeze likes it.

JEAN Hope you didn't have any bad weather during your game and you had fun.

SUSAN How be you?

Have a great day my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote