View Single Post
Old 10-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #27
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Suddenly It's Saturday

GOOD ROCKTOBER AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is in the 60s here now and I feel chilled for the first time in ages. Will is at the park again today and I am sure he took a jacket along. My back is just about back to exact now and I am still taking it easy with it so it can get strong again.

I wanted to buy anther noodle/rice bowl to keep in the MH and went to the web site where I purchased my bamboo noodle/ rice bowl which I eat my stir-fry in with chopsticks and they no longer carry them and I couldn’t find them anywhere else. I ended up ordering a neat pottery type one that has a unique shape to it with a thumb hole and will work out fine for me for it looks like it will be very comfortable to hold. I ordered it from the Uncommon Goods folks. I’ll keep it in the house and put my bamboo one in the MH. The fewer breakable things that go in there the better. I have a nice set of navy blue speckled ware metal plates that will go nicely in there. They are the nice ones with the chrome edges on them and they know about living in a MH. They are the ones with the sloped up sides that hold the stew or like dishes on the plate. The oven in the MH is a convection oven. We have most of the kitchen things in a box in the basement that we used in our other MH so there won’t be a lot to buy to outfit the kitchen. Our Dutch Ovens can ride in an outside compartment.

Well we won’t be leaving as soon as we thought because the place where we are getting the new wheels and tires received 3 of the right kind of wheels and 2 that were totally different. Seems like some nit wit at the factory put those 2 in the wrong boxes and that will delay us a bit. But it takes what it takes and we can deal. Yipekio ~ our Jeep looks so spiffy now. I sure like having new floor mats also. Having the front and rear bumpers changed sure gives it a different look.

I have been looking at washers and dryers for RV’s and the price has sure come down a lot since I last looked at them. They have stackable ones which I prefer and also the ones that are one unit that wash and dry. The cost is about the same for the two different types. Will said he will take the measurements of the units while we are there and do the remodeling himself so they will fit then later have them installed. If the area will only take the unit that does both the washing and drying then I will settle for one of those. I just need a way to wash my clothes while out and about. I am older now and don’t want to have to hand wash everything like I used to, which was fine with me back then.

JEAN I certainly glad that you and your family were safe from that storm. Did she get that dog to go downstairs after all? That is sure nice of Bob to take those pictures of the damage to help the process move along faster.

DONNA FAYE Yep we didn't need to get a tent trailer at our age. We just had so much fun with one it seemed like a good idea that was fleeting at best. I'll have a great time fixing up the MH with my "stuff." I can feel your excitement! Hopefully the rain will cooperate with your plans. I think it is a good idea to wait to get new clothes for I waited till I lost 90 some and my things were kinda getting thread bare. But I held of long enough.

Have a great day my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Last edited by Maggie : 10-05-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote