General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 11:42 AM   #1  

Default Accuweight Bead Diet Part 4

Thought I would start a new thread.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #2  

Annleslie,

I didn't stick with Cohen because I thought I would get faster results with AW, which usually I do but not sure the extra lb a week is worth it. Cohen results are pretty consistent average 3 lbs a week. The basics of the diet are the same:
-3 meals 5hr apart, last one 2 hr before bed
-water >10 cups/day
-crispbread < 12g/day, <6g at a time, 2.5 hr apart
-fruit 1/day, one at a time, 2.5hr apart
-veggies
-meat
-cheese 3x/wk, 3oz per serving

exercise - only cardio allowed, after 2 weeks

Very similar to the first week on AW transition. I felt only enough hunger to know that it was working. No fatigue or nausea. Your allowed anything 0 calories, including vinegar found in any 0 cal condiments.

The woman that eventually moved to 2/2/2/1 did experience hair loss but losing weight was more important to her due to health problems with her extra weight. When she switched over she was working out like a mad woman 6 days a week. She lost a total of 135lb and looked fabulous. Not gaunt as with other programs.

If I was going to alter AW I might as well do what she did. Yesterday I walked 6 miles and today milk day #2
Old 10-03-2013, 11:44 AM   #3  

greenlights1, as far as i know they still allow the boiled egg in the mornings
Old 10-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #4  

HELP!

Since I was concerned about protein due to our recent conversations, coco, I had a protein bar today....the Atkins version, and now my stomach is in absolute knots. I've never had this reaction before from protein. Why now?

I'm in so much pain I have to go throw it up!!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #5  

Coco......!!!!

I need a serious explanation here. I just threw up that protein bar. I got some relief from purging, but still feel uneasy, queasy or gaseous...not sure which. The distress is upper central directly in my stomach.

Is this what life would be like attempting to revert back into normal eating? Can I never eat a protein bar again, or occasionally pasta?

How the heck does anyone cheat on AW without getting sick in pain?

Stomach in knots...too much acid indigestion. I don't think I can even eat my veggies today. Heartburn...feel it all the way to my back. All this just for a little cheat???

Last edited by Annleslie; 10-03-2013 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #6  

Default New to AW

Hi,
I am on day 4 (2nd veggie day) and would love to connect with other people doing the bead diet. So far it is going easier than I thought it would. I am not hungry, I had a few times when I felt sort of "foggy" but I called my center (Clark) and they said it was most likely low blood pressure and to add a little salt- which I did and I feel better.

I'm a little worried I may be the only one in the world to have so little calories and not lose weight- I'll know when I go back next Tuesday!

Lucy
Old 10-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #7  

Annleslie, how are you doing today?
Old 10-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #8  

Thanks, coco, for asking.

I'm pretty upset that happened yesterday because not eating normal food again wasn't part of the deal. I experimented again this morning by eating a single egg and experienced terrible indigestion. I NEVER had any digestive issues with eggs or protein before AW. It took hours to digest with severe stomach pain and distress.

I saw my doctor 1st thing this morning (after my egg) and she is referring me to a nutritionist to help me revise my diet.

What kind of diet not only makes you sick while you're on it but when you go off of it, too? No, I'm not happy about this at all. I want to eat normally again, and it has nothing to do with willpower. I compare what I felt yesterday and today to one of those drugs that make alcoholics terribly sick if they drink alcohol. It was that bad.

Tonight is my social event at the farm. It's a harvest meal and event with friends. I plan to eat what I can but take small, slow bites and probably get a take-home box for the majority of it. I think I will start with some Pepcid AC before eating, just in case it could help.

Needless to say, I am screwing over my Milk Day, since they have screwed up my digestive system so badly!!!! In fact, I'm thinking that a diet as extreme as AW NEEDS to have a weekly cheat day to prevent the digestive system from seizing like this.

Last edited by Annleslie; 10-04-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 10-05-2013, 11:54 AM   #9  

Hoping to hear from others...
Old 10-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #10  

I went off AW for two social events over the course of two days and gained 9 lbs. That's right...NINE POUNDS!!! Boy, I can't wait to see how I cope with Transition and Maintenance.

You can't imagine how bitter I am that it takes at least an entire Bead Set (9 days) to lose 9 lbs. but only 2 meals to gain it all back. Depressed and bitter is more like it!

I've already reported that I am sick and hungry on AW (and I sure do know the difference between hunger and cravings. After all, I'm not a toddler!), but very sick off of AW, too, due to severe indigestion, which I NEVER had before doing AW. In fact, after eating "normally", as in the way everyone else did at the event, on Friday, I vomited 12 hours later. Then, after Saturday's event where I ate normally along with everyone else, I vomited about 6 hours later when I realized my food would not digest.

I have no inclination to speak to my counselor about this because she will not even consider that AW's extreme starvation protocol could be the culprit.

I have an idea to modify AW by sticking to the milk and vegetables, but allowing them more often and outside of the Noon to 6 timeframe, if for nothing more than to transition away from AW and find another healthier and safer method of weight loss.

Believe me, I hate quitting as I had no intention to do so, but I hate being constantly sick even more!
Old 10-06-2013, 08:38 PM   #11  

ANN, that is horrifying! Im glad you saw your doctor. Guess she didnt like AW if shes refe4ring you to a nutritionist? Did you see my post about Cohens? Its very similar to AW transition and what im doing now.. im still losing the same amount of weight which i hope continues. Unfortunately my hair is still shedding badly. Let me know if you post in a diffrent place. Id like to follow your progress since we have similar goals.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #12  

Yes, I saw Cohen's. Thank you. I don't post in other forums...yet, though I am on My Fitness Pal for tracking progress.

I made some veggies today and got in only two bites and my stomach is already rejecting the food with terrible heartburn. I will have to raise this issue of indigestion with my doctor though I don't want another prescription to correct another ailment.

When I feel this badly, I actually WANT comfort food. I want to feel better, so I start thinking about soups, grilled cheese and ice cream, since I'm failing anyway.

You're losing on Cohen's? That's great, coco! I just don't know what to eat now. Weight loss must take a back seat to restoring stomach comfort, and I don't want to rely on OTC or Rx meds for it.
Old 10-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #13  

So, I'm not convinced the beads actually work. They don't curb my hunger despite very careful placement.

I vomited daily just from eating normally Friday-Monday (4 consecutive days).

Coco, how's your hair? Specifically, how's the biotin, flaxseed and spirulina helping, if at all?

I'm having a Milk Day today, but modifying to have it when I feel like it and in any quantity. I'm just not depriving myself today to see if I can soothe and comfort my stomach and prevent from purging.

Last edited by Annleslie; 10-08-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #14  

My hair stopped shedding. I'm sure the vitamins helped but I've also been adding a scoop of whey protein on my milk days. I only lost a pound the past milk days. I've also been having the boiled egg after my walks. I'd really like to stick with AW and get this weight off.

How was your first milk day? Any weight loss with that 9lbs? Sometimes even smelling food makes me nauseous on this diet.

Last edited by cocoisfit; 10-09-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #15  

I vomited again...in the middle of the night when I woke up at 3 AM. It was pure acid, felt like a gallon. It irritated my throat and my stomach is queasy today. I've had a spoonful of flaxseed today.

My next Dr. appt. isn't for another week. I'm not weighing right now. I just don't want to know the damage after this last weekend. My number one priority is feeling well, number two is weight loss.

When I'm not feeling well, I don't feel like doing anything correctly, i.e. diet, exercise, work and so forth.

Glad to hear your hair situation is under control and whatever it took for that to happen. There's just so much room on AW for modifications for the purpose of health. No one should feel ashamed for doing so.
Closed Thread