Old 10-04-2013, 10:10 AM   #1  

Default One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today, I started IP and was lost, desperate, nervous, hopeful, and excited all at the same time. My weight was out of control...I did not even recognize the person I saw in the mirror not to mention my weight had impacted my self-esteem tremendously.

I found TFC, read, posted, lurked, posted, read, and read some more. It was a very hard journey for me...emotionally coming to terms with why I used food to soothe and how to cope without it.

There were weeks of big losses, days when the scale didn't budge, and the challenges of staying OP BUT I did it!

One year ago today I started at 172lbs...today I weight 132. December will celebrate my year of maintainence (with a few days of Phase 1 and a recent two week reboot).

I am looking forward to December and 1 year maintaining because I am healthier, stronger (physically and emotionally!!!!) and feel like I have finally put myself on the list of priorities and taken care of me.

A year ago today, and the chaallenging weeks that ensued were tough but worth it. In fact, there are better than worth it (whatever you call that).

Wishing I could go back to that day last year, give myself a hug, and instill the confidence I have now that IP would work and to trust the process. I was so fearful of another failure.

Point is...IP worked for me...it saved a hopeful person desperate for change.

Everyone who is OP now, think about one year from today seeing your old self and knowing that this journey you are on will be worth it and then some.

Have a happy Friday everyone!
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #2  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Your story is very inspiring!

Congratulations on making your goal, maintaining it, and learning to make yourself a priority!!
shannonhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
One year ago today, I started IP and was lost, desperate, nervous, hopeful, and excited all at the same time. My weight was out of control...I did not even recognize the person I saw in the mirror not to mention my weight had impacted my self-esteem tremendously.

I found TFC, read, posted, lurked, posted, read, and read some more. It was a very hard journey for me...emotionally coming to terms with why I used food to soothe and how to cope without it.

There were weeks of big losses, days when the scale didn't budge, and the challenges of staying OP BUT I did it!

One year ago today I started at 172lbs...today I weight 132. December will celebrate my year of maintainence (with a few days of Phase 1 and a recent two week reboot).

I am looking forward to December and 1 year maintaining because I am healthier, stronger (physically and emotionally!!!!) and feel like I have finally put myself on the list of priorities and taken care of me.

A year ago today, and the chaallenging weeks that ensued were tough but worth it. In fact, there are better than worth it (whatever you call that).

Wishing I could go back to that day last year, give myself a hug, and instill the confidence I have now that IP would work and to trust the process. I was so fearful of another failure.

Everyone who is OP now, think about one year from today seeing your old self and knowing that this journey you are on will be worth it and then some.

Congrats! Thanx for taking time to verbalize this...esp the self appreciation piece. Everyone who has started this journey should recognize how important that is.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #4  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Congrats - and yes, thank you!
sarita75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:

Congrats on one year of maintenance! I'll be posting something similar to this on October 12th! I can't believe it's been a year already! I love the self appreciation piece.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #6  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

You story is inspiring, regardless of the weight loss journey we are all on.

I think we need to take your words, and apply it to ourselves. Heck I know I do.
Good job! Congrats and thanks for sharing!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #7  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

What a great narrative! Such an excellent reminder to all of us to remember how far we've come, no matter where we are on the plan right now.
WillowVee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:29 PM   #8  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

This is awesome. Maintenance is so scary to me, and your story gave me hope that it is possible. I cringe everytime someone posts about how they lost a bunch of weight on IP only to gain it back within a few months. I don't want to be that person. Your story inspires me.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:11 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

You are truly amazing... And even more amazing that you have maintained and not gained it back like so many of us have!
Congrats to you and thanks for sharing
Really helps us all
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Well said, and will do!! Happy for you!!!
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:24 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Thank you for the post. I am inspired by your words.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #12  

S/C/G: S/C/G 202/190.2/150

I so much like this post!
Milli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #13  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Happy 1st anniversary. I am so looking forward to be able to post results as great as yours!

Inspiring!
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/162/140

Height: 5'5

Your post was just what I needed to read this morning. I've been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately. Then I remind myself that it's just food. There are so many other things to enjoy in life! Sometimes looking a the big picture can be so daunting! I try to take it one day at a time and seek motivation and confidence from those like you who have been there and done it! Congratulations on your success! Thanks for giving me something to strive for!
Coreyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Thanks for the inspirational post and congrats on one year.
CrystalWolf is offline   Reply With Quote