Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 06:40 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Friday 10/4/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-04-2013 at 06:44 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! Happy TGIF!!!

Sending IP POWER
Old 10-04-2013, 06:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'9"

Morning all! Looking forward to a 100% OP day!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning all! Happy TGIF!!!

Sending IP POWER
And don't forget the
Old 10-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Happy friday!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Happy Friday IPers!! Take some time to reflect today -- recall why you started your IP journey, and pat yourself on the back for having taken that step. Be kind to yourself and those around you. It matters. Now go out and have a WONDERFUL day!!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #7  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

2 full days on P2. No big changes, just replace a packet with my own protein for lunch. Ate a grilled chicken salad and made my own Caesar dressing for lunch yesterday. Sliced some leftover steak into my salad the day before and used my own Italian dressing. I have been copying and pasting P3 breakfast ideas into a Word doc from the various threads. Getting anxious for those!

I am wondering if anyone else has tail bone pain. Since losing weight, it is hard for me to sit. At first I felt like I had just sat on a small ball or lump of something. I would even reach under me to grab whatever it was that I sat on. I quickly realized it is my tail bone! I am wondering if this is common or if it could be from the surgery I had in March, and I am just now realizing it, since I no longer have as much cushioning back there? Even sitting on the couch is uncomfortable.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:24 AM   #8  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

happy Friday yall!! I finallyyyy hit the 60lb lost marker!! And i'm fitting in clothes I had no clue I could fit in yet! I feel amazing, and it's thanks to Ideal Protein! Will power and motivation are key! Stick with it, and you will not be disappointed!! YIPPEEE
Old 10-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Good morning, IP friends! Happy Friday.

I just retured from my first business trip on IP. Thankfully, I had lots of great tips from this board to help me prepare ahead of time. It was still hard(ish). The trickiest part was finding some type of veggies in the airports on my first travel day, which was 12 hours from my home to my hotel. I also realized that I need to keep more packets in my purse or carry on. Eating at restaurants was a breeze and the wait staff were all really great. The key was to open with "I have very strict dietary restrictions that I hope you will help me with..."

Today is WI #2 for me and I'm hopeful that I've got a good loss ahead. Home scale says I'm in the 160s! We'll see.

I hope everyone has an amazing day OP!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default Small NSV

Good Morning All!

Just had to share a bit of a NSV and funny moment with DH this morning. I wear suits to work everyday, and have noticed they're getting baggier and baggier. This morning I whined to my DH "Man! I hate that I have to buy new suits!!" His reply "Fine! Then quit the diet and go back to being fat." I blinked and went "Well, okay, but it's just annoying because suits are sooo expensive! But I do have another old suit in the closet, maybe that will fit now." "See? Besides, it's not like you have to buy bigger suits cuz you've gained weight."

Nothing like having someone put it all into perspective for you. It might be expensive or annoying to have to shop for clothes, but really? At least you're not buying bigger clothes, and I think they tend to get a little cheaper as they get smaller. Time to get online and check out some new clothes!
Old 10-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking My WI this AM

Good Friday Morning!

Today I did my ay home WI. This week was long and hard! I struggled all week to stay OP. The way this week was it seemed like it was tossed out the window.

Well this AM I stepped on my scale in the same PJs as every WI, and I wanted to cry...........I really wanted to cry. I am down another 4.3 lbs!!!

I have lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks. I still need to measure.

Do I need to change my ticker every week to reflect my weight loss each week (I am guessing yes) or is there an spot where I can plug in my new wieight with out making a new one each week?
Old 10-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #12  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Friday Morning!

Today I did my ay home WI. This week was long and hard! I struggled all week to stay OP. The way this week was it seemed like it was tossed out the window.

Well this AM I stepped on my scale in the same PJs as every WI, and I wanted to cry...........I really wanted to cry. I am down another 4.3 lbs!!!

Do I need to change my ticker every week to reflect my weight loss each week (I am guessing yes) or is there an spot where I can plug in my new wieight with out making a new one each week?

You can just got to the User CP and change the middle number in the info you have copied there for your tickers. Thats all I do

Old 10-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning! Yesterday was a super busy day and I didn't get to join yall at all! Late last night I went and read through the daily thread and was so inspired by everyone's victories and positivity! Thank you SO much for staying positive and upbeat because I love reading it.

I had my week 4 WI yesterday morning. Down 3.6 lbs. That's a total of 23.4 in a month. I'm thrilled!

NSV yesterday was going to a Mexican restaurant for a work lunch and everyone was munching on Chips and Queso. That's usually what I dream about and wake up thinking i went off plan so I'm thrilled I wasn't tempted at all!

Hope everyone has a great day! Thanks for being you.

Last edited by ems70508; 10-04-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 10:03 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Good Friday Morning!

Go to your signature & just change the weight in the BB code.

So happy you want to cry happy tears! It is SO WORTH staying OP no matter what life throws at us! Don't you want to scream it from the treetops???

My DH tells me all the time:if it were easy, everyone would do it. The trick is sticking with it when it is hard.

Holidays are coming everyone! The first one is Halloween

Last year I had a big group of 100%ers to get thru the holidays with.
On my journey I've stayed OP thru several vacations, long weekends to the beach (yup, OP in Ft Lauderdale!), BBQs, football tailgates, holiday parties, weddings, my 50th birthday, every holiday for an entire year, friends, fun, and even some of life's disappointments. It can be done. Do it for you!

There is NO REASON to cheat yourself by cheating on the plan. You might get away with it for a week or a month but something IP teaches us is self-contorol. And the wonderful gift of ketosis helps that along.

We can all be ahead-of-the-pack on New Years Day, after an evening of staying OP when everyone else over-indulges. We all know what excuses are like. Lets not have any of them.

I missed it but yesterday we had 90 days until New Years Day (really? So soon?)
Wow.
Where will we be in 90 days?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #15  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Congratulations everyone on their losses and NSV's. It is so inspiring everyday to read the daily thread and read about successes, overcoming challenges, and people who are committed to IP 100%. It's certainly helped me stick with it so far.

Lisa, my first thought when you said it is less than 90 days to New Years was "holy crap, I haven't started Christmas shopping yet!!" My second thought was what you were saying, where will I (and we) be after 90 more days of IP. It's kind of exciting to think about - like Christmas eve when you're a kid exciting!!
Closed Thread