South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Freaky Friday on the Beach 10/4

Good morning chicks, is everyone sleeping in today? I figured it'll be a freaky Friday since Halloween is coming up . I'm thinking of putting a huge fake spiderweb in between our two large trees over the sidewalk....whaddaya think?

I have this morning off - great time to do niggles and I hope to go on a walk in this glorious weather. Emma Jean agrees with me that it's a necessity (they need to have little dog icons)

Since the waist on my work pants were snug yesterday, I need to start planning out a menu for next week. It will be so much easier, IMHO, once this cools off, since I love soups! Which one should I make first?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Forgiveness Friday Beach Chat 10/4

Good morning today I forgive myself for strange food choices yesterday. I think hormones added to my odd choices yesterday. Today is a new day and I am starting out with a healthy breakfast and yummy coffee.

I have a retirement party in the city tonight. Truthfully I do not feel like going, but I paid $85! Three members retired, cost covers the venue plus gifts. It is being held at a bar so you know the food will be pub food at best.

Looks like we are finally going to get some much needed rain soon. The mums will love it!!

How is your day looking?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:19 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Morning Tammy guess we were posting at the same time. I made a double batch of red lentil and chick pea soup. Had a bowl yesterday. it is one of my favorites. just so you know every time I make the cheesy Mexican chicken I think if you. This time of year I love any soup that calls for butternut squash. Saturday we need to get the rest out of the garden. Enjoy your morning off and I love the spiderweb idea
Old 10-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I love your idea with the cobweb, Tammy! Do you have a giant spider to attach to it, too? My favorite soup this time of year is Butternut Squash, and I like to puree. can of cannellini beans into it for added fiber.

I'm sitting at my gate at the airport, waiting for my flight. I've never been to Boston before and am excited to see the sights! I'm sad that Ruth had to cancel, but am looking forward to seeing Cyndi again.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #5  

Have fun, Cottage!! Remember, you only eat on plan foods when you meet diet buddies, right?!?

Jennifer, you keep talking about this soup, I am intrigued. Is it in the recipe section?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Tammy!

Thanks for getting us started! I was up, but internet is so slow I knew I'd never get us up and running. We're having very steady rain (thunder and lightning) but we have been assured it will turn to snow later today. Enjoy your day! I vote for the big cobweb!

Our contractors left yesterday. They wanted to beat the snow over the passes. We made incredible headway! The bathroom is finished, rooms are mostly painted, kitchen cabinets are installed. We now need the furnace installed so they can build the cabinet around it and we need to install the kitchen flooring. Other than that we need a new stove/refrigerator and its ready to rent if someone would just come and do the stairs outside that got ripped out when we did the water.

I'll try to post some pictures later....maybe when internet speeds up.

Have a great Friday everyone!
Old 10-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good Friday to Tammy and Jennifer. All this soup talk has me hankering for a bowl for breakfast. My friend Toni brought me some harir which is very smooth but spicy. That just might be breakfast.

Cottage is sitting in the Philly airport awaiting her flight to Bean Town for a MOD meet. I sure wish I was waiting too but it's not to be. Darned back/ribs are still very much with me and I'm downing too much Tylenol to even think of driving to an airport.

Did a bit of a reconnoiter of the remains of my veggie garden yesterday. I am still getting way too many cherry tomatoes and my single regular tomato plant is still producing. It's a deep yellow/orange one and just does not taste the same as the old fashioned red ones. I did a blind taste test and red won! I am going to haul out the plants as soon as I can do so without pain. My Rainbow Swiss chard is still growing away. What a great veggie! I still have lots of basil too - must get that made into pesto before frost hits.

Today I hope to get caught up on some neglected deskwork and also take a wad of cash to the bank. It's too much to put into the automatic teller so I need to deal with a real person. (The bank machine chokes if it is fed more than 50 bills and won't take coin either. Silly thing!)

Donna's wee Lulu is curled on my lap right now and the other two are lying on my feet. It'll be strange when Donna comes home and I'm back down to just two dogs. It's been fun watching them this week but I don't think I want three dogs permanently. I'd need another hand for all the petting that's required.

Just checked the weather and it looks like our string of sunny days is not going to carry on through the weekend. No frost in the forecast though - I guess I can put off cutting the basil for a few more days. We usually have a killing frost by now. Global warming?

Enough babbling! It's time to get on with the day. My ambition today is to be dressed before 10 A.M.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:47 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

to Cottage and Debbie who popped in while I was musing my way through a post.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Safe travels, Linda, and back on track to Jennifer!

Mods....our OP Thread is closed....A reopen would be helpful. Thx!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #10  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning. I concur on soups and the mexican casserole. Yum to both. I particularly love anything I can stick in the crock pot. Gym today for another workout sans mom. Then DH and I hope to hike. We went out yesterday morning but cut things short thanks to rain. It wasn't the rain so much as the lightening! I've learned the hard way to call first today to see if the trails are closed thanks to that downpour.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

OP thread is re-opened.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:35 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quick flyby for me, still battling cold but went to bed early so feel a bit better this morning. Doing wfh so I need to take a little nap I can do so and still get all my work done.

Enjoy the mod meet up.

Gotta run DD2 to school

Have a wonderful day everyone!!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #13  

I put chili in the crock pot today . Ole reliable, and my kids LOVE it.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 AM   #14  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Nothing worse than 2 people sick at the same time. Dh has bronchitis and on antibiotics and I'm trying to avoid them. When he saw the dr she said , been visiting the grandkids? Another one here who will have to try the mexican chicken. I guess the corn is omitted.
Take care Sophie
Old 10-04-2013, 09:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone!

It has been a busy, busy week here and my eating has reflected that. Going to get back on track today. Lunch will be a big black bean salad and for dinner, we're having stir fry.

We have a lot on the agenda today, just a lot of little niggles to take care of before we head to Dallas tomorrow morning. Laundry, loading up the pack and play, picking up prescriptions and a few groceries, and packing the three of us up. We have to leave here by 8 tomorrow, which is earlier than DD even wakes up, so tomorrow will be interesting. I'll have to start nudging her awake by 6:30 in order to get her out and dressed around 7:30. Breakfast wil be in the car on the road.

Linda and Cyndi, have a fantastic time! Ruth, I know how bummed you must be to miss the trip.

Tammy: Chili is often a part of our fall menu, usually at least once every two weeks, but hubs is in charge of its preparation. Hmmmm, maybe it's on the menu so much so I can get a break from cooking!
Closed Thread