Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 06:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Thursday 10/3/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Links to attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past week. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-03-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!! Sending IP power to all!!!!!!! Down another bit, closer to P2, 100% alternatives for a week or so. I love this program it really works!!!

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:22 AM   #3  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

I love IP POWER ! Awesome thought to start the day.

Happy on plan Thursday all!

Getting ready to cut some veggies
Old 10-03-2013, 07:45 AM   #4  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Fellow IPers!!

Question: where do I find xantham gum, and how is it used? I've seen it mentioned to use as a thickener?

Lisa, I'm having half my protein for lunch today, and the other half for my dinner with rotini Such an easy solution that never crossed my mind. Duh! I like having a more substantial dinner when I get home from work, and I also like saving my last packet for a bedtime "snack" - a mocha smoothie with decaf - so this is the perfect solution to get my 3 packets in yet space things the most beneficially throughout the day.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:59 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Question: where do I find xantham gum, and how is it used? I've seen it mentioned to use as a thickener?!
I make my own pudding and soup packets ( because of no soy) and use it for the thickener.
I buy Bobs Red Mill brand at my supermarket
It is spelled xanthan

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-03-2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Good morning all!!! Sending IP power to all!!!!!!! Down another bit, closer to P2, 100% alternatives for a week or so. I love this program it really works!!!

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!
Love IP Power! And congrats on getting closer to P2!

Happy Thursday all! Another day closer to the weekend - woohoo! I have my 1 week follow up with the eye surgeon this morning then a couple of meetings <yawn>.

Made a nice soup for lunch today - chicken broth from the last chicken I cooked with cabbage, peppers, zucchini, leeks and some fresh cilantro. Having that with potato puff rolls - yum!

Jo
Old 10-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #7  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all....I am off to a great and wonderful day. First of all, I hit my goal this morning (at least on my scale) and on my birthday! My kids bought me a Lulu Lemon outfit that was wayyyy too BIG and I need to exchange for a smaller size (that happens NEVER) and I don't look like a giant sausage stuffed in the pants.

DH is making me a special total IP approved dinner tonight.

Yup, I'm one lucky girl today!!! I have NEVER made goal on a weight loss program in my life!!!!

Last edited by Maxxy; 10-03-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #8  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post

We ALL rock here!!!!!!

Have a glorious day!!!
My favorite color and IP Power together, love it! You will be at goal in no time!!

Happy IP day all!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:39 AM   #9  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Good morning all....I am off to a great and wonderful day. First of all, I hit my goal this morning (at least on my scale) and on my birthday! My kids bought me a Lulu Lemon outfit that was wayyyy too BIG and I need to exchange for a smaller size (that happens NEVER) and I don't look like a giant sausage stuffed in the pants.

Yup, I'm one lucky girl today!!! I have NEVER made goal on a weight loss program in my life!!!!
conggrats!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #10  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:

Congratulations Maxxy!!!! Well done!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Congrats Maxxy! That is awesome!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #12  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

Yesterday we had torrential rain down here but this morning the sky is clear and sunny (which does WONDERS for my disposition, lol). Plus, when I woke up and looked in the mirror I am NOTICEABLY slimmer this morning (RIGHT ON!!!)

I had 4 songs rotating in my head this morning but the last one is "Safe and Sound" by Capital Cities...been humming it since I got in the office.

Just finished swapping some IP food packets with my co-worker, lol. It was like we were kids swapping trading cards, hahahahaha!!! Our boss (a male) walked by and just shook his head, lol.

So far I've had a good start to my morning and I feel GREAT!!!

Congrats to all you Lovelies and have a great OP day!!!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #13  

Congrats to everyone on their successes! IP is incredible!

If anyone has heard the quote of "the roots of education are bitter but the fruit is sweet" can relate that to this program. Its bitter at times and brings about a lot of challenges during the process. However, the end result, the fruit of your labor if you will is sweet and so satisfying, rewarding, and worth it!

YAY!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #14  

Everyone:

Can you commit to ONE 100% on-plan day today? Absolutely no cheats whatsoever?
One thing leads to another...

Quote:

You so totally made me smile today Your jubilance SPILLS off the screen!

I loved the "that happens never" comment and such a wonderful birthday present (goal)!

I have never reached goal on a diet either. I still haven't but I have every confidence b/c I have learned self-control (and I'm smaller than I've ever gotten)! You rocked this plan!

And many, many, more!

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-03-2013 at 10:10 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #15  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

I am enjoying all the enthusiasm here - it is infectious! I have to go for a work lunch today - which I used to enjoy - but now it just makes me irritated because I have to miss my carefully allotted baggie of cucumbers and a protein drink! No worries though, I've already sussed out the menu where I'm going and have a plan, I'd just rather stay at my desk
Closed Thread