Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-30-2013, 01:39 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/146/135

Height: 5'8.5''

Default Time for a change...for real this time!

Hello everyone, thanks so much for reading. I look forward to being a member of this community. First a little about me.

I joined I can't remember, maybe a year or two ago, but then fell off the wagon, so to speak, and gave up on weight loss.

I have finally decided that FINALLY it's time. I have been wanting to lose weight for the past maybe 7 years, but my food issues and compulsive over eating and emotional eating have just gotten worse and worse. I am 25 years old and about to be 26 in 2 months. I have met the LOVE OF MY LIFE and am SO happy and we are getting married in January. I am so excited to start my life with him and I am actually moving to a different country to be with him, so right now I am not able to be with him due to visa issues and haven't seen him in 4 months and can't return to see him for another 3. I miss him so much, and I am so stressed and depressed right now and it is just making me feel worse and worse each day, which sadly leads me to over eat I've been having a pity party all by my lonesome and it isn't doing me any good. I am only gaining weight and feeling more miserable each day.

Also, because of how much sugar and fat I eat, I am breaking out very bad on my face and I now have quite bad acne. I have always had horrible skin, but sugar and stress seem to make it worse. Also, my boyfriend and I would lke to have children, and we want to start trying in 1 year. I would like to be thin and in shape, so that I can have an easy and healthy pregnancy and also, so that I do not just keep layering on the weight after each child. That is a fear of mine.

I have been the definition of yo yo dieting for the past 10 years. I used to be a very very naturally thin child, but then I just started to have a horribly unhealthy relationship with food. Some other bad things happened in my life around the age of 18 and my issues with food just spun out of control. I am now overweight and have been for probably 7 years. Sorry I am rambling, if you have read up to this point, thank you so much. I just want to get healthy. My family has a history of high cholesterol and heart disease and I just don't want to have a heart attack at a young age like my mother (thankfully, she survived). However, it has scared me, but apparently not enough to change.

I am a major binge eater, and I am like an addict in some senses. I say I will never do it again, and for example, like tonight, I went on a drive to McDonalds, which is like a 40 minute round trip from my house and I got 2 burgers, fries, a shake and 3 cookies and I ate all of it until i was so full I could barely move, then I promised I would never do it again, but then like half an hour later when I wasn't so full, I already was thinking about eating more food. It's so sad, I just want to help myself, so that I can finally be happy. Like, I mentioned, thanks so much for reading. I just have no one else who understands, and no one I can talk to, my mom buys me the junk food, then makes fun of my weight.

So, I guess my new effort starts today, it's past midnight here, haven't eaten anything, I did a small 10 minute dance workout, and I guess hopefully new good habits start today. I can do this!! I plan to use this forum as a great support system!

Last edited by truehappiness; 09-30-2013 at 01:44 AM.
truehappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi truehappiness! Congrats on your upcoming marriage! And great job on losing 6 lbs already! Because we are the same height, I know that you have only to lose 5 more lbs to be out of the overweight category! Woohoo! And 140 is going to look spectacular on you! You can do this! I know you are lonely right now without your fiance, but I also know you want to look your best for yourself and for him, and overweight and breaking out from eating junk food is not your best. But you can change all that, and you'll find lots of support here. There is so much to read and to learn so browse around. While you're at it, be sure to check out the Chicks in Control forum: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/. I'm sure you can get some great advice on binging there. Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #3  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome truehappiness! I'm so happy that you've found the love of your life (I didn't find mine until my upper 30s, so you have a head start!). This site has great information and REALLY great people, so jump in and start meeting you new friends, we all understand where you are coming from!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 10-02-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote