View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 10:14 AM   #40
Munchy

S/C/G: 129/130.4/115

Out of nowhere last week I devised a five page chart of veggies with a column for a checkmark, a picture of a veggie, the veggie name, and a smiley face without a mouth. My just turned six year old is having a blast picking which vegetable to try next, and how to rate it (with a smile, straight face, or frown).

She has always been a good eater, but I wanted to advance past her regular vegetables: zucchini, summer squash, cauliflower, broccoli, green peppers, carrots, corn, and tomatoes. I posted this earlier, but I naturally mix vegetables into nearly every dish I make.

This week she ate onions, peppers, and okra and told me it was delicious (okra got a special smiley) and tonight we have mushrooms, tofu - not on the list but a newbie for her, scallion, and snow peas.

Tomorrow we're having braised bok choy. She's just excited to have a part in planning and picking exactly what to try next, and I'm not stopping her! Her next choice is acorn squash, but I told her she needs to wait for the weather to get colder

Last edited by Munchy : 10-02-2013 at 10:15 AM.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote