South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 05:03 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default On Plan Thread Sept 30-Oct 6

It's time for a new week of talking On-Plan! This is the place for South Beach meal plan and food support, encouragement and questions.

Anyone, from any phase (1, 1.5, 2, 3, etc.) can post, and those who are new to 3FC are especially encouraged to do so!

This thread is for questions, sharing advice and strategies, and encouraging each other to stay on plan. It is not for chatting about daily life unrelated to this topic. Members have indicated that they would like to have chatting remain in the Daily Thread, so any posts that are off topic or chatty will be moved by the mods to the Daily.

People in different phases of South Beach post here so it will help everyone if you indicate what phase you're in when you post. Thanks!

While you may certainly find, from time to time, the need to ask for help after going off plan, remember that this thread is about staying on plan. When you share details of off plan foods you've eaten, it can upset, tempt, and otherwise frustrate other members, so please keep these details to a minimum.

So, share with us: How are you staying on plan this week?

How's it going for you?

Of course feel free to share your daily on plan menu

Last edited by Lexxiss; 09-30-2013 at 05:05 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #2  
GlenwoodHotSprings

(Written Sunday evening (no internet))

Hi…
I took some time to reflect on this past week; an extremely busy and stressful one for me. I stayed pretty close to plan….my indisgressions were mostly late night unplanned snacks. I'm in my 3# acceptable range off my ticker (up) which I can live with.

Lindsay(RiverGirl), it's been great to connect this week. I enjoy reading your menus and keeping in touch. I must try PB/Banana no flour muffins once my renovation is complete.

My happy dance this week was reconnecting with some old SBD strategies of mine in order to stay as close to plan as possible:
~taking my fruit/muffin to work for lunch/snack (alleviating temptation for restaurant food)
~having a fruit when returning home from work (instead snacking on carbs)
~getting back with a nice evening salad (getting more super greens in)

Sometimes I get bored with my salad so I come up with a new one. My new salad is kind of "Mediterranean". I bought different varieties of olives/sundried tomatoes/feta cubes/marinated mushrooms/pepperocini/mini pickled onions. I mix up the mixed salad greens, drizzle a little olive oil then add a portion of the olive mix. DH absolutely loves it….me, too. I'm going to look for more goodies to add when I go to Denver tomorrow.

to OP!

Have a great OP week everyone!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #3  

Height: 5'6"

Debbie its been great having company here in the OP thread. I highly recommend those muffins... they have been a life saver for me at times.
Hope the reno is going smoothly!

Still fighting off this cold, which has moved into my chest. This has made exercising extrodinarily difficult. When riding the bike tonight I found it hard to catch my breath... So I think I may lay off the cardio until its out of my system & focus on low impact weight training.
I also want to do a strict phase 1 week, but I am going to wait until I feel better for that as well.

Todays menu Phase 1.5 (fruit, but no grain)

**Off work today, so I slept in & got some much needed rest... this resulted in missing breakfast however, hence why todays eating is a little "light"**

Ground almond crepe filled with 1/3 banana, greek yogurt, a few blueberries, a sprinkle of cinnamon & a few drops of nsa syrup

Cheese string
V8

4 oz Steak w/ nsa bbq sauce
Brocolli
Garlic-y green beans
Glass of skim milk

Cauliflower w/ ranch

Last edited by RiverGirl; 09-30-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxiss View Post
Sometimes I get bored with my salad so I come up with a new one. My new salad is kind of "Mediterranean". I bought different varieties of olives/sundried tomatoes/feta cubes/marinated mushrooms/pepperocini/mini pickled onions. I mix up the mixed salad greens, drizzle a little olive oil then add a portion of the olive mix.
I will have to pick up some of those ingredients. A "Mediterranean" salad sounds delish... and I think will be apart of tomorrows dinner.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 184/172/135

Height: 5'4"

I've managed to stay more or less on plan this week. A couple "cheats" but quick recovery, and down 6 pounds this morning! My go-to has been soup--I work weird hours, so I like to make a big batch on my day off and keep it in the fridge for quick lunches between Jobs #1, #2, and #3. Tonight's menu is pasta fagioli, minus the pasta, made with ground turkey instead of beef. YUM...tastes just like the "original" recipe. I've also been using ground turkey taco salads as a go-to, because that's another thing I can cook a big batch of and stash in the fridge for a quick meal. I'm in Phase 1, but i do eat a Chobani Greek yogurt with fruit every afternoon to kill my 3:30 sugar craving; I've found it's sweet enough to keep me out of the candy (even the little Halloween pumpkins my not-very-helpful husband has purchased) and keep me on track.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 AM   #6  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hello OP's!

Mace, glad you've joined in. I think it's so helpful when we find out what works in our own lives. Soups and cooking ahead really work for me, too.

My key to staying OP right now seems to be grounded on having what I need in my home, especially for my morning smoothies. I can get through another week without grocery shopping. We're still enjoying our mediterranean salad for dinner, too, and I've been adding a small chunk of smoked salmon every night. DrOz called it "automating". As busy as I am right now having the same thing every day isn't seeming to be boring but rather seems like an enjoyable way to stay OP in a stress free manner.

Take care, everyone!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #7  
sophie

Phs 2
B fibre one with almond milk
L lentil soup with lf baby bel cheese
S apple and some peanut butter
S grilled salmon, mushrooms and tomato slices with 3 slices of avocado
S pepperoni stick

Water
Dh has a bad cold. Will go for walk by myself sometime today
Old 10-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #8  
sophie

Phs 2

B. Half ww english muffin. 2 eggs
L. Lentil soup
S. Greek yogourt apple
S. Chicken breast, roasted veggies and a salad
S. To be decided

Had a run in with graham crackers yesterday, not good
Old 10-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #9  

So glad I could finally get back online and post tonight, I have had computer problems since wednesday, and I always feel odd when I dont post.

Been good all week, stayed on plan, exercised, etc.

Todays menu was as follows
Phase 2

Scrambled Eggs (1 egg & 1 egg white)
V8

Greek yogurt w/ grapes
Peanuts & sunflower seeds
Cucumbers w/ ranch

Salad w/ chicken breast, romaine lettuce, onion, parmesan, Renees garlic lovers dressing
Glass of skim milk

A few rf triscuts (chili flavoured?) w/ a bit of cream cheese (I am assuming I am going to be munchier than usual later on.)
Old 10-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #10  

Another day on plan. Didnt manage to get a chance to post yesterday, but was on plan & treated myself to popcorn & a glass of wine.

Here is todays menu:

2 Eggs scrambled
Glass of V8

Raw veggies w/ ranch

Salad w/ chick peas, lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes & balsamic dressing

Steak (4oz)
Brocolli & cauliflower
Glass of skim milk

Celery w/ pb (when munchie later on tonight)
Closed Thread