Old 10-01-2013, 06:18 AM   #1  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Default MRC October 2013

Hello Ladies,

As Marlene stated in the sept post let's start October out with "I won't" and "I Choose"!!!

So starting today I Choose to eat healthier and I won't let food control me anymore!

Everyone has been a true supporter on here, i'm glad to see some new people that I haven't seen on here before!

We Can Do This!!!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #2  

Want to wish everyone a healthy and great weight loss month.

I don't know if I posted this or not, but weighed in yesterday vs. today and maintained.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 10-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #3  
Sherry, Senior Member

congratulations Patzi, that's awesome!
Old 10-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #4  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi ladies,

I've only posted once I think. But...I'm ready to jump in with both feet! I'm about six weeks into the program and down 14 lbs. Lately for a variety of circumstances I've fallen off program...not daily. It is hard (duh) running after two teens and a tween and hubby and I are on opposite full time schedules. But...I'm not giving up! Weekends are more challenging than weekdays for multiple reasons. I regularly do a treadmill workout and strength training and struggle with hypothyroidism. I think the weight will come off more sluggishly, but I'm sticking with it. I enjoy all your posts and find your thoughts encouraging. I have a hard time getting to the center as I have to drive quite a way. I plan to go tomorrow!
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #5  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Great idea, Skelley.

Here's my October mantra: I choose to be excited about being on plan and I won't beat myself up if I slip up a little.

Went to the center and I'm down another 2.5 lbs from Saturday's weigh in. So my total loss with the program has been 17 lbs and 19.5 inches. I'm really excited as I haven't seen the 180's in at least 10 years. Will need to keep my steps up (thanks fitbit) as this weekend is a football/tailgate thing for homecoming.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185.5/175/142

Height: 5'6

Congrats to Celtic, Gumdrop and Patsy!
Skelley...so glad to see you back...

Well, we are weighing in twice a week at my center this week! I weighed in today after eating supper (ugh!), But, I had lost a pound and a half in 4 days. I think that is good.Yeeeeehawwwwww
Does anyone know what seasoning you use to make turkey tacos?
cmarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #7  
Sherry, Senior Member

wow i'm excited to see everyone jumping on here and being supportive!
Welcome gumdropmom and celticharpie!

Cmarty congrats on your loss that's awesome. I will go Thursday at 9;30 and get back on plan!!! I'm so ready to do this and hope to stay on plan this time around!!!

Let's Do This together!!! YAHOOO!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #8  
lettergirl74

S/C/G: 166/142/131

Height: 5'8

CMarty- I have been using Mrs.Dash in my turkey tacos. I bought a new kind that is spicy. It gives it a little kick and the family likes it.
I am now on day 21 of the program and have lost 14 lbs. My goal for October is to lose 10 pounds. My counselor said that she thinks I will lose 15. I am full of motivation and determination to prove her right.
When I signed up for MRC they gave me a paper about feeders. It is so true. Feeders are everywhere. People want you to try this food and taste that food and seem a little irritated when you refuse. I guess there are always going to be people out there that see us doing good, eating healthy, and losing weight and want to sabotage us for whatever reason. I say "Bring it on!" Lol.
It sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job! Keep it up and keep investing in yourself and your health & happiness!!!
Wendy :-)
Lettergirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/125.5/135

Height: 5'4.5"

Glad to see everyone excited. Good job on the losses.

Skelley, you'll do fine. Hope the pre-con is going well.
MarleneV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #10  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Cmarty, I use the Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. I also sautéed green onions and diced bell peppers and cook those in with the turkey for added flavor. I'm a transplant from Arizona, so I can't go but a couple of days without my Mexican food fix.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
Cmarty, I use the Southwest Chipotle Mrs. Dash, chili powder, onion powder, and garlic. I also sautéed green onions and diced bell peppers and cook those in with the turkey for added flavor. I'm a transplant from Arizona, so I can't go but a couple of days without my Mexican food fix.
Thanks Celtic, I'll try that in my tacos next time, sounds great!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:35 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettergirl74 View Post
CMarty- I have been using Mrs.Dash in my turkey tacos. I bought a new kind that is spicy. It gives it a little kick and the family likes it.
I am now on day 21 of the program and have lost 14 lbs. My goal for October is to lose 10 pounds. My counselor said that she thinks I will lose 15. I am full of motivation and determination to prove her right.
When I signed up for MRC they gave me a paper about feeders. It is so true. Feeders are everywhere. People want you to try this food and taste that food and seem a little irritated when you refuse. I guess there are always going to be people out there that see us doing good, eating healthy, and losing weight and want to sabotage us for whatever reason. I say "Bring it on!" Lol.
It sounds like everyone is doing an awesome job! Keep it up and keep investing in yourself and your health & happiness!!!
WHOO! HOO! Lettergirl, Keep up the good work! 14 lbs is great!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #13  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lettergirl74 View Post
Lettergirl: Congrats on your 14 lb loss, awesome!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #14  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarleneV View Post
Glad to see everyone excited. Good job on the losses.

Skelley, you'll do fine. Hope the pre-con is going well.

Thanks Marlene, but i'm not doing the pre-con, I go in tomorrow to get my HNS's and supplements and start back on the green menu, at least that's what my counselor told me, I started maintenance on Jan 4th of this year and this past month I took a tumble, so i'm going to get back on plan (the green menu) until I get back to my goal weight. I'm so excited!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:03 AM   #15  
Sherry, Senior Member

Default Receipes

I found the metabolic research facebook page and they have incredible receipes, I've been printing them off so I can incorporate them while on the green menu but then also a lot of them are for maintenance so i'm hoping this will help me with the boredom I get eating the same thing over and over, I think that was my biggest problem.

Cmarty you talk about turkey tacos, I love tacos but what do you use for the shell?