General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 10-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default Oddball Things Our Pets Do

My cat is crazy, lol! She will not let me drink a glass of water by myself! I have water out for her all the time, but she doesn't like tap water so well, mind you. We have a water cooler and as soon as she hears me getting water from it, she comes running. And she prefers to drink from a glass, not a bowl or saucer. Of course, if I'm not paying attention and I set my glass of water down, it's all over. Her face is in it in a heartbeat. I've started drinking from a reusable water bottle so she won't drink my water, but does that stop her? Noooo. Now when I open my water bottle, she meows and meows incessantly until I pour it into something so she can have some too. Crazy cat.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:32 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

That's pretty darned cute. I'd probably be giving in all the time! I had a cat years ago that insisted he be allowed to drink from the tap as it dripped out - he'd drink from his bowl, but when the tap was turned on, he came running.

Now I have a cat that paw dips in my iced tea. At first I didn't think much of it until DH reminded me that she digs in the poop pit with that paw - do you know where that paw has BEEN? UH OH!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:36 PM   #3  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Your cat sounds like a lot of fun and crazy, just like my cat!

When I pour myself a bowl of cereal, my cat yells at me until I pour her cereal into a separate bowl and add milk. When I am finishing my bowl, she insists on getting the last few bites of mine, even though she has her own! Her favorite cereal is Cheerios.

We have a nice half bathroom downstairs for guests. The sink has a fancy faucet. Whenever anyone uses that faucet, she has to jump up and drink from it.

This same cat has fallen into the toilet bowl, singed her whiskers on candles, got her head stuck between our headboard and the wall, got her head caught in the handles of a paper bag, and jumped into our oval bathtub but couldn't get out!
(There was no water in the tub, thank goodness!)

We always have to keep 2 steps ahead of her! She is crazy!

Last edited by doingmybest; 10-01-2013 at 09:38 PM.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #4  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Good thread - i needed these smiles tonight! Thank you!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:51 PM   #5  

Lol! My daughter has a cat who loves water, loves to be in it, and in the morning if she doesn't close the bathroom door all the way, he'll jump into the shower with her. She is constantly scolding him to get out, lol! As she tells it, it's impossible to feel clean with a cat in the shower with you, Haha! This is also the same cat that when her fiance comes home at night and settles in, the cat jumps up on the counter where he sets his change and put its paw on a coin and looks at him. He says, "No, don't do it," and...zing! The cat flings the coin off the counter, and as her fiance warns him again to stop...zing, zing, zing! He flips all the rest of the coins off the counter, lol! Every night. Such a cute brat cat.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 218/180/150

Height: 5'6"

My cat loves the bathtub. We havent fixed the slow drip in the tub faucet because it is her favorite place to drink. She is so picky about her water if we dont change the water in her bowl every 12 hours she refuses to drink it. She just drinks from the tub. Lol.

Oh. She refuses to eat all human food, tuna, cheese, etc...except french fries!! She will go through my husbands mcdonalds bag looking for fries to steal.
AngieRR1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #7  

Lol, too cute! Oh, and I could tell you stories about my dogs, I have 3 mastiffs. Anyone who has ever had a mastiff or a great dane knows they think they're lap dogs. They love to sit on the couch or even better, on your lap on the couch, haha! They just don't realize how big they are. And they are leaners. They don't mean to knock you down! Or break your knick knacks which are at just the right height on your tables for their tails, Or walk through your screen doors, lol! They are just big sweet gentle giants.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

They are cute!

My cat will also steal my water if I leave it unattended. She also prefers me to turn on the facet and let her drink from that. Oh and if she sees the parmesan cheese it is over. Begs and cries incessantly.

And then when she climbs in my lap and gets very relaxed she drools. It makes me laugh and smile because it is so cute.
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #9  
drifting downward!

S/C/G: (HW 194) 175/168/140

Height: 5'5 1/2"

One of my cats is obsessed with dragging large fabric articles throughout the house - usually overnight, usually while wailing. It started with socks a couple years ago, but now he's progressed to entire beach towels up and down stairs, or even our huge terrycloth robes. (I remain impressed by those feats.) For awhile, he was pulling a large blanket cover off of floor pillows every night. (The blanket was to keep them from furring up the pillows... so this was not so cute.) As of last week, his new idee fixe is removing his towels and soft cloths from his cat tower, taking them across the room, and building a "nest" with them on the couch where I spend a lot of my time. This is cuter. Regardless, I come downstairs every morning eager to see what re-arranging he's done during the night. I have no idea what his brother thinks of his shenanigans.

Last edited by Desiderata; 10-02-2013 at 10:04 AM.
Desiderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #10  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

I have 2 cats. They walk around the house cooing (for lack of a better term) at eachother all the time. My older female cat (2 years) adopted my younger male cat (5 months?).

My younger cat will find a rug, put his claws in it, then roll himself up in it. Then he starts meowing because he's stuck.

Last edited by Psychic; 10-03-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #11  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

I used to have a cat that liked to hunt bagels.

He would pounce on them, grab them in his mouth and prance around the house to show us what he caught. He was so proud of himself! We always congratulated him. Later, I would find bagels ripped up all over the house.

I think he thought the bagels were mice.
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:39 PM   #12  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

I have 3 cats. The newest one has only been with us a month now (a rescue) and he's got serious fear issues. He is afraid of nearly everything. He's slowly getting better, but what's oddest about him is that he doesn't meow or purr, he sounds like a human baby when it's fussing. Any time you approach him, he starts the fussing noise, which I have yet to determine if it's fear or if it's his way of talking to you.

Another cat fancies himself to be a great hunter. His favorite "prey" is the edges of the foam mats in my exercise room- he picks them out of the mat and then carries them around while wailing. I call them his "foam snakes".

The third cat hunts socks (quiety) but wails next to me in the middle of the night because of our three cats he is the nocturnal one and he gets lonely at night. I pick him up, tuck him into my side, and pet him a little before falling back to sleep.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 PM   #13  

Lolol! These stories are too cute!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:56 PM   #14  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Our cat is a spoiled Diva. She wants CONSTANT attention and anything you do for her on a regular schedule becomes a mandatory part of the routine and she will complain loudly if you're not on schedule.

I made the mistake of brushing her every morning after I got dresses and now every day she will meow in her "nagging voice" to wake me up, and keep me moving through my dressing in a timely manner to get on with the day, which starts with feeding her and then moves on to "lappy time" of petting and brushing.

Anything missed or done out of sequence incurs her wrath (brushy time cannot come before feeding and water dish filling has to be done before feeding).

Oh and if there's a "floater" in her water, whether it be a bug, a piece of backwashed food or a stray hair, she will cry in her "complaining voice" until you come and remove it. If it is a living bug, she will cry in her alarm/panic voice. Which is the same alarm cry she uses when hubby doesn't come home at his usual time from "guy's night."

Hubby will ask if I missed him, and I'll joke "not as much as the cat did."

She also likes to prove to me that she's the "alpha female" especially competing for hubby's attention. If I get up in the middle of the night to go potty, when I come back, she's sprawled out across my bed as if to claim the entire territory.

If hubby and I are kissing or if hubby rubs my back, the cat pushes her way between us so that SHE gets the attention. However, if I'm rubbing hubby's back she does not try to get between us. Instead she gets in front of hubby for him to pet her. She's quite obvious in her preference of hubby's attention over mine. If she could figure out a way to get rid of me, I'd be gone.

Hubby tells friend he has two wives and he's henpecked by "the hairy one."

Last edited by kaplods; 10-02-2013 at 11:01 PM.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:15 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

My dogs are both attention lovers lol!! We have friends over almost every weekend, and if any of the guys bring a girl with them, my chihuahua tries to get between them to say "yea right, he is MINE!"...the guys even said they would love to go take her for a walk around the park (to attract girls..cause what girl doesn't love a cute little chihuahua?), if she wasn't such a c**k block lol! She gets in your face with kisses, climbs all over you, wants to be on your lap, etc.

My sheltie loves attention, but she is the polar opposite. Where my chihuahua is in your face, my sheltie will just sit very prettily with her head in your lap and wait for a pet. She has great breeding, so she sits pretty, runs pretty, etc. The breeder we got her from said she would have loved to have shown her except that she was the biggest puppy in the litter, and is a much bigger sheltie than most (about 45lbs), so therefore not show material. She knows she's pretty though, and uses it to her advantage. But if she gets really excited (as shelties tend to get), she jumps and barks and yips. Other than that, she is content to sit at your side, breathing on your leg until you pay attention to her (which is very effective btw).
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote