Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 10-01-2013, 08:53 AM   #1  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Default Maintainers Rocking October Bodies

It's another new month to move through -- another opportunity discover your body's potential.

Join us as we log our October workouts and help each other maintain our fitness levels and good health.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #2  
Girl Gone Strong

Tuesday, October 1st:

30 minutes Stairmaster, the usual
Then a quick jog home, past commuters trudging to the train station, because I forgot the little piece of paper with my workout routine
60 minutes shoulders, chest and triceps routine
Old 10-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #3  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Thanks for starting this, saef.

I'm still battling a virus so my exercise is minimal. I'm trying to keep warm and rested so it doesn't develop into anything much. My glands are up in my neck so I'm assuming antibody production is in full swing. I have a horrible cough.

(Had a quick look for :horriblecough: smiley but there isn't one.)
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Love the name and the photo Saef. Thanks for starting the thread again.

October 1:
95 minutes Bikram Yoga. This is usually the day I do body pump but I'm still holding off as I don't think tons of squats would be good for my knee.

October 2:
I was *this* close to not exercising. I got ready to go to yoga and suddenly had diarrhea (sorry if tmi). I've been "backed up" and I had a latte (don't usually have milk) and beans with lunch. So.... I wasn't sure if I was sick or just things finally started moving. I hate that decision-- are you sick or not? Do you go exercise or not? Once you are in the bikram room (90 plus minutes) you are not supposed to leave unless it is a true emergency. So, I decided to drive to yoga knowing I had 30 minutes before class started and I could leave before it began if need be. I went, my stomach was fine (though it feels weird today), and my favorite teacher was there (she is a visiting teacher so I never know when she'll be there). I'm so glad I didn't stay home. Positive, strong class. I won't likely exercise Friday as we are planning to look at cars after work and the weekend is an unknown with us going to Napa so I really didn't want to miss another day.

95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

You're welcome, Michele. Glad you did not miss out on a good instructor. I agree, I keep trying to "listen to my body," because that is what everyone tells me to do, but sometimes my body says contradictory things and also it's unclear where the body and mind shade together, which is what leaves me in conflict with myself sometimes.

Wednesday, Oct. 2nd:

60 minute on the elliptical, alternating backward & forward, resistance at nine, keeping going even after a water bug ran across the gym floor and hid under one of the treadmills in front of me.

Last edited by saef; 10-02-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #6  
Girl Gone Strong

Thursday, Oct. 3rd:

Ran 4.27 miles, some of it with a badly running nose, but thinking I'm slowly getting better at this, even if I definitely tire in the last mile

Missed Pilates class because of my mother visiting, who unhelpfully told me later, "You should've gone to the gym," so it felt like it was pointless.

Last edited by saef; 10-04-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveling michele View Post
Love the name and the photo Saef. Thanks for starting the thread again.

October 1:
I was *this* close to not exercising. I got ready to go to yoga and suddenly had diarrhea (sorry if tmi). I've been "backed up" and I had a latte (don't usually have milk) and beans with lunch. So.... I wasn't sure if I was sick or just things finally started moving. I hate that decision-- are you sick or not? Do you go exercise or not? Once you are in the bikram room (90 plus minutes) you are not supposed to leave unless it is a true emergency. So, I decided to drive to yoga knowing I had 30 minutes before class started and I could leave before it began if need be. I went, my stomach was fine (though it feels weird today), and my favorite teacher was there (she is a visiting teacher so I never know when she'll be there). I'm so glad I didn't stay home. Positive, strong class. I won't likely exercise Friday as we are planning to look at cars after work and the weekend is an unknown with us going to Napa so I really didn't want to miss another day.

95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
1 workout
95 minutes
October 2: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes
Old 10-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #8  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

October 1: DB bench press, DB shoulder press, DB lying triceps extensions, KB deadlifts, DB split squats. Ouch.

October 2: 20 min HIIT on elliptical
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:22 AM   #9  
Girl Gone Strong

Friday, Oct. 4th:

30 minutes StairMaster, resistance at nine, random intervals, in other words, the usual
60 minutes back & biceps routine

Wondering, while trudging through the dark at 5:45 AM to make it to the gym before work, is this all worth it?
Old 10-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #10  

Quote:
October 2: 95 minutes Bikram Yoga

Totals:
2 workouts
190 minutes
October 3: 95 minutes lukewarm and dry bikram yoga-- not sure why but this particular instructor hasn't gotten the room hot the past few classes I've taken with her. It is not the same without sweat! We were all complaining after class. Unfortunately whenever I have a class like this, my weight is UP the next day-- I think I still drink a lot of water but I don't sweat it out. Hopefully I can flush it out today.

Totals:
3 workouts
285 minutes
Old 10-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #11  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

October 3: 4 mile run on bike path, 36 minutes
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #12  
in development

I believe the virus is leaving my body and has almost gone. Back to proper rocking October body work tomorrow.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #13  
in development

Movement-based flexibility without weights to check how I was feeling. Some one-legged toe touches.
6.9k steps, 2.7 miles

A good day and I think I can start to build up again this week.
Old 10-06-2013, 10:33 AM   #14  
Girl Gone Strong

Saturday, Oct. 5th:

60 minute spin class with weight and resistance band intervals
60 minute Pilates mat class

Sunday, Oct. 6th:

15 minutes StairMaster, the usual
60 minutes shoulders, biceps & triceps routine
45 minute spin class
Old 10-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #15  

Quote:
October 3: 95 minutes lukewarm and dry bikram yoga-- not sure why but this particular instructor hasn't gotten the room hot the past few classes I've taken with her. It is not the same without sweat! We were all complaining after class. Unfortunately whenever I have a class like this, my weight is UP the next day-- I think I still drink a lot of water but I don't sweat it out. Hopefully I can flush it out today.

Totals:
3 workouts
285 minutes
October 4: nothing-- went to the car dealer after work

October 5: 48 minute spin class before leaving for Napa.

October 6: after returning from Napa-- 100 minute Bikram yoga class. The teacher that can't regulate the heat was there but a student talked to her and somehow it was great. I think the student pointed out a note from the owner of the studio that the instructor hadn't seen. Either way, I was happy to sweat some of my Napa trip out. Unfortunately, we will probably be going after work to get my new car which will knock me out of another workout.

Totals:
5 workouts
433 minutes