South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Happy October Tuesday Chat 10/1

Mother Nature must not have gotten the memo - it's going to be in the 80s here today! I'm glad I've been putting off putting my summer clothes away.

I was prepared to wake up with a stiff back this morning, but I'm feeling pretty good. I spent most of yesterday on my knees scrubbing baseboards, then carried a heavy mattress up a flight of steps by myself, and my back was sure complaining by the end of the day. Things were sure hopping at the farm yesterday with the window washers and landscapers there, and the dogs were in their glory with all the excitement. The rest of the week should be a lot easier with all the heavy stuff out of the way, and I think we're looking in good shape for the Chester County Day Tour of Historical Homes this Saturday.

Right now I have a load of clothes in the wash since I was too wiped out to do it last night, and I have a nice pot of steel oats with pumpkin and apples bubbling on the stovetop for a yummy breakfast, and I'm going to fix myself a salad for lunch that I'll enjoy on the porch so I can be outside to soak in this glorious day.

How's your day shaping up?
Old 10-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Good morning Linda. Sounds like you had a really productive day. I too thought my back would be screaming this morning. I spend the morning hunched over weeding. My knees were hating me on my bike ride. Usually they hold up OK, but not yesterday. Popped a prescription strength Motrin after my ride. Woke up feeling fine.

Today I am going to Joe's, sneaking a ride while he is at work. He is making venison cutlets for dinner, love them! Otherwise not much going on here and That is OK with me
Old 10-01-2013, 07:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Tammy, I just read your comment in the fitness challenge. I am the same way!! If I don't exercise consistently the pendulum swings the wrong way too. Also, it really helps me maintain if I go a little astray.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning! I didn't look at the name at first, and I thought that Ruth was the one scrubbing baseboards and hauling a mattress. Silly me! Glad you recovered okay from the Cottage, that's a tough day!

Jekel, yep, the pendulum is at the slow and lazy end right now. Hard to believe I walked/jogged over 80 miles both in May and June. Sigh. (and my knees are getting creaky too. WTH?!)

I am sitting here trying to have a few minutes of silence before I wake the kids up. It's my long day at work, and it was about full before I left, I hope that means it goes quickly.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No darned way I'm even looking at baseboards or hauling a mattress! I'm certainly not back in shape enough for that. Slept until 7:15 and just got up to a happy welcome from three dogs. I am looking after little Lulu while Donna is in PA at a friend's funeral. I'll have her until Saturday. Seems like a long funeral but ... Lulu is 4.5 pounds of cute Yorki/Teacup Poodle and a little darling. Jazz loves her and plays gently with her.

Had a good Finance Committee meeting yesterday and we got a lot accomplished. Even got my lightbulbs changed and a jar opened. Just remembered I did a laundry too and left it in the washer overnight. I may have to redo that since it'll be musty.

Today I'll venture over to the bank with the weekend dinner deposit but that may be "it". I do have some exercises from the doc but am not to do them until I can do them without pain. They won't be on today's schedule for sure.

Enjoy this bonus of beautiful weather! We are heading towards 75 today and for the rest of the week.
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's beautiful here too, all week. It feels like late August but I'm not complaining. We are getting out in the kayak again Friday, enjoying every chance we get

It's a hectic day, I've already put in 2 hours and there's no end in sight Time to get back to it
Old 10-01-2013, 08:50 AM   #7  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

Linda what are you doing carrying a mattress up by yourself. That's asking for trouble.

Jennifer enjoy your venison steak. I have never tasted one

Twynn hope day goes quickly.

Me back from the great north. Weather was lovely. I wish I knew more about wild mushrooms saw so many walking in the forest. We enjoyed our grandsons so much. Can anything be more wonderful than a 9 month old that know what giving a kiss means. Enjoy all this wonderful weather
Take care
Sophie

Ruth.
Old 10-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

I too at first thought it was Ruth doing all that work and I was like what the heck is she nuts lol

Cottage remember to ask for help, I have a hard time with that but am getting better as I age trying to protect my back and such, but am still known to carry something I shouldn't.

Jekel enjoy your day

Twynn and Cyndi- hope your day goes by quickly

Sophie glad you enjoyed your trip. I can't wait for grand kids but will have a few more years to wait. lol

Today I have to go to some meetings but trying to get some work done this morning.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Old 10-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #9  

Height: 5'4"

Lovely day here as well - but that scale is stuck at 183 again. I am guessing the M&M's didn't help . . .

Off to canvass -
Be well!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:30 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Just stopping in to say good evening. Busy day of work w/ meeting afterward, then home to do a little exercise, some niggles, dinner, dishes and now it's almost collapse time!

Hope to check in sooner tomorrow.

Happy October! Did I miss it, or was there no Rabbit, Rabbit?!
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 346/269.5/180

Height: 5'6"

I hate to post in the thread this late at night b/c I worry it will be missed...but it's not midnight yet, LOL

So, long story short, I made it to Massachusetts. I am SO glad that I made the move! I don't like my job...Customer Service for owners of ridiculously expensive vehicles is NOT what I want to do w/ my life, that's for sure.

I've had 2 interviews for dispatch jobs. I got the "sorry, but you suck and we hate you" e-mail from one last week (it was a supervisory position and went to someone internal) and I haven't heard from the other one yet. I've really got my fingers crossed for this second one b/c it's literally 3 blocks from my house and my interview was like a freaking love fest. They loved me, I loved them...it was awesome.

Aside from that I'm just busy trying to get everything in order. Unfortunately I didn't give myself any time off from work once I got here. I got in that Friday night at 6:30 and went to work Monday at noon.

Anywho, just wanted to check in. Haven't had a chance to find me a gym yet, but once I get completely settled I will work on that. Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well!
Closed Thread