Thread: Hmr
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #13
kaplods

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnRue View Post
Yes. I originally went to an HMR location at my local hospital. IMHO, it was horrible. I finally had it after the person there failed to tell me about or give me a potassium supplement. She acted like it wasn't that big of a deal. Then I checked out the doctor at the clinic and he had been sued for malpractice. The only thing that keeps me from making a big stink about it is that everyone there seemed to really not be that strict so perhaps some people need that.

I transferred to another location not that far from me and they were very "professional" and by the book. I got my supplement and have been more happy. As it turned out.. I didn't need it. But that wasn't the point. The point was that I was paying through the nose for this program, I expect to get all of it unless I chose not to use it.

If you want to purchase the food alone you can. While I was maintaining I ordered the food from one of the many places you can just place an order. I recently found that if my local clinic will sell me the food so even if I finish I can just come back and place an order. I tried other diet plan foods and I have to say I found them very disappointing. HMR food is imho the best. Plus the entrees are vacuum sealed. Perfect for me.

My health insurance will not pay for HMR yet. That is disappointing. I do think they have a pretty decent record of success.

I'm glad to hear that the food can be purchased without joining the full program. I'd like to try an assortment, if only to be better informed and better able to make an informed comparison.

I do wish that both (or either) HMR and The Simple Diet spin-off had a stronger following, in particular on this site and on Spark People.

Meal replacement plans in general, except for the two or three top brands seem to be "out of fashion" right now and I'm having difficulty finding a large and active community. I may have to broaden my search, but I'd rather not join a new site if I don't have to.

http://www.dreamstormdesigns.etsy.com
etsy link by permission from 3fc! Want to add yours? Ask them!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote