Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:47 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 9/30/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Links to attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past week. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 09-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #2  

Default Good Morning

Hello everyone. I have not gotten back here and checked in for a couple weeks. Our family has been super busy lately.

I wanted to report that I have completed 4 weeks on IP and have shed 32 lbs. I feel a lot better and seem to have more energy. Which I consider a good and a bad thing.

Some other things that I would like to report. During my 2nd week, I had to travel for work. I packed my lunch and took it with me to avoid eating on the road. I bought donuts and took to my employees and I also bought them pizza for lunch that day. It was very hard riding 2 1/2 hours with donuts in the car and watching them eat pizza, but I did not give in and felt pretty good about it. My son started playing soccer and we have eaten out a couple times after his soccer practices. We have stuck to Bob Evans. I get a plain salad, the 2 piece chicken with no oil, butter, marinade and a big helping of the steamed broccoli. Seems to work pretty well.

Also, for a hobby/extra money, I bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes. Last week I made close to 200 cupcakes and 2 regular cakes. I am happy to report that I did not taste, sample or lick any of the icing. My wife says she has never seen this kind of will power before. But I am determined to reach my goal of 80 lbs.

Ok, enough about me. Good morning to you all and I promise I am going to check in more often.
Old 09-30-2013, 07:39 AM   #3  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
Hello everyone. I have not gotten back here and checked in for a couple weeks. Our family has been super busy lately.

I wanted to report that I have completed 4 weeks on IP and have shed 32 lbs. I feel a lot better and seem to have more energy. Which I consider a good and a bad thing.

Some other things that I would like to report. During my 2nd week, I had to travel for work. I packed my lunch and took it with me to avoid eating on the road. I bought donuts and took to my employees and I also bought them pizza for lunch that day. It was very hard riding 2 1/2 hours with donuts in the car and watching them eat pizza, but I did not give in and felt pretty good about it. My son started playing soccer and we have eaten out a couple times after his soccer practices. We have stuck to Bob Evans. I get a plain salad, the 2 piece chicken with no oil, butter, marinade and a big helping of the steamed broccoli. Seems to work pretty well.

Also, for a hobby/extra money, I bake and decorate cakes and cupcakes. Last week I made close to 200 cupcakes and 2 regular cakes. I am happy to report that I did not taste, sample or lick any of the icing. My wife says she has never seen this kind of will power before. But I am determined to reach my goal of 80 lbs.

Ok, enough about me. Good morning to you all and I promise I am going to check in more often.
Wow! Now THAT is determination! Great, great job! I know you will definitely get to your goal. Congratulations on all the NSV's!
Old 09-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

It's Monday morning and here I am sitting at the arena, sipping my IP orange drink, watching my daughter skate. A great start to a great week! Enjoy your week!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #5  
IP start 8/31/2013

S/C/G: 265/245/150

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning IPers!!

Wanted to report that I was able to completely button my blouse today, with no gaps! The great thing is that I bought it several months ago, too small, knowing I'd get in to it soon... didn't happen... But, it has with IP!! Yea!!

Hope you all have a fantabulistic day!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Congrats to everyone who's sticking with it!!! I haven't been here in a few weeks and forgot how encouraging and informative this site is!!!!

I got off the plan because of the cost, but this morning have already found suggestions that I'm thinking will help me get back on track!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!!

Last edited by Jbhigdon; 09-30-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 AM   #7  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Monday everyone!!! I've made it to 160 on the dot- down 59lbs! I'm itching to see the 150's!! Fingers crossed i'll see it tomorrow!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #8  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post

That is awesome - WTG!!! I do cake decorating too (love it!) and have managed to stay away from the icing - it's not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
It's Monday morning and here I am sitting at the arena, sipping my IP orange drink, watching my daughter skate. A great start to a great week! Enjoy your week!
Now that's a dedicated mom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsunshine View Post
Good Morning IPers!!

Wanted to report that I was able to completely button my blouse today, with no gaps! The great thing is that I bought it several months ago, too small, knowing I'd get in to it soon... didn't happen... But, it has with IP!! Yea!!

Hope you all have a fantabulistic day!!!
Yay, love when that happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!!! I've made it to 160 on the dot- down 59lbs! I'm itching to see the 150's!! Fingers crossed i'll see it tomorrow!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!!!
Woohoo, congrats! I can't wait to see those numbers on the scale.

Good Monday morning all! I'm wearing the size 16 black dress pants this morning and I have a big grin on my face! Can't wait to WI for the Biggest Loser challenge at work this morning. Not to mention show off the lack of glasses

Made my kiddo a big chocolate, graham cracker sundae for dessert last night and it didn't even look good to me. Normally, I would have been all over that but I brewed myself a cup of herbal tea, got a tall glass of water with ice and enjoyed my cookie dough swirl bar. That felt pretty good.

Hope you all have a great Monday!
Jo
Old 09-30-2013, 08:44 AM   #9  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!

My husband has started a modified version of IP this morning. He wants to drop about 10 lbs. For breakfast he had a Premier Protein shake, lunch he will have two egg whites, veggies and some plain greek yogurt (I didn't want to see it go to waste), and dinner I am making us Big Mac in a Bowl, and for snack he will have one of my bars. I also sent him to work with an extra orange drink packet, in case he gets hungry between now and lunch, or lunch and dinner. He is likely only going to do this for a week or two, then he heads away for some more training for work for three weeks.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
This must be such a special achievement -you hit Onederland, you made 160 and so soon, the 150's. Hang in there, you are on the road home!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:49 AM   #11  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning everyone!

Hope everyone had a great OP weekend!

My husband has started a modified version of IP this morning. He wants to drop about 10 lbs. For breakfast he had a Premier Protein shake, lunch he will have two egg whites, veggies and some plain greek yogurt (I didn't want to see it go to waste), and dinner I am making us Big Mac in a Bowl, and for snack he will have one of my bars. I also sent him to work with an extra orange drink packet, in case he gets hungry between now and lunch, or lunch and dinner. He is likely only going to do this for a week or two, then he heads away for some more training for work for three weeks.

Hope everyone has a great week!!
I LOVE the Big Mac In a Bowl recipe!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #12  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
GREAT job! That must feel SO amazing. I can't wait til I can experience the same! Has been about 30 years since I've seen even the 160's!
Old 09-30-2013, 08:58 AM   #13  

Good morning IPers!!

Today is officially my first day on IP. I'm hoping this week will go smoothly and I won't have too many cravings. Any advice for this newbie?
Old 09-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #14  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Shrinkingsusie: way to help your DH on his own journey. It is so great when our spouse tags along. I think it gives them an appreciation for what we are experiencing. Mine can't swallow pills so I ordered liquid supplements for him, and I make sure he gets plenty of protein. He is a big muscular guy, and I like him that way

Eguarantee: congrats on all your success with IP. Each time I dropped into anther "decade" I would jump up and down clapping. I am sure it is quite a sight in my PJ's.

Allend: good for you. One thing I love about IP is that I really don't have many cravings. However.....put me in a car with donuts for that long and all bets are off. Lol. The other day my DH got a new car air freshener and it smelled, to me, like glazed donuts. I was a little hungry at the time and told him to take me home immediately to get some food. I wanted to eat the arm rest!

NSV for me this weekend....I needed some new dress pants for work because the 8's I had recently purchased at Goodwill were getting saggy in the butt. I ended up with 3 pair of size 6!!!!!!! I was in high school,the last time I wore a size 6! The down side to this is that my butt has disappeared and now I am wondering if I should buy those padded underwear.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Happy Monday!

Made it through my birthday and my daughter's Sweet 16 on plan. woo hoo!

I received a nutribullet for my birthday. Veggie Purees, here I come!

On my way to onederland, Have a great week.
Closed Thread