View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
Jacqui_D

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi AlohaJess! Since you are a former athlete and your fiance used to run marathons, maybe the two of you can decide to prepare for a 5K together. In other words, don't just go out and run to run, but run to get ready for a race and maybe your motivation to exercise will come to you. My family is made up of athletes (I'm the exception) and I've found that athletes usually need a goal to shoot for. I see you live in Oakland CA, and so I just googled 5K's in Oakland CA and clicked on the Running in the USA website and it listed a number of races throughout CA for the months of October and November. Maybe it's something to consider? As for being a foodie, pick places that serve healthy food. Become a health food foodie! You are the same height as I am and I just don't want you to end up where I've been. My best advice is to do what you can to get your weight (and your lifestyle affecting your weight) under control. You can do this! Good luck!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote