View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #11

S/C/G: 180/178/135

Height: 5'5"

It's so good to know I'm not alone! I've tried to talk to friends about this before, and I always get, "YOU'RE NOT FAT!" as a response...which can be very frustrating.

I know that almost all of it is psychological, and that half the battle is learning to overcome the negative feelings. It can just be hard when I thought I looked good to realize that maybe I didn't so much - and then spend the next two weeks feeling like I look terrible in everything I own.

Espronceda - I hear you about the sweaty pictures! My son has been training for a local kids race, and as part of our training we ran a 5k. They took pictures of us for the website because my son is 6, and I wanted to die when I saw them. Fat and sweaty is not a good look!

Mimi - I agree, sometimes I find myself looking in the mirror thinking, "I don't look so bad" and then putting off a workout or allowing myself to eat something I shouldn't. But I will say, pictures are certainly a motivator! I should just hang fat pictures of myself on the fridge so I won't eat bad stuff!

Noelle - It is a vicious cycle. But if we work hard, we can break it!

RadioJane - You are doing amazing...You've already lost 100 lbs! That's incredible! But I understand what you're saying...and I hope when I finally reach my goal I'll be able to fully appreciate it.

Merrily - I agree that confidence makes all the difference, and I try to remind myself of that when I start to think I looked bad on a particular day...but it's hard. I'm just trying to use the photos as motivation to keep going!

Catgoyle - It's funny that you mention anorexia. That's something that I've wondered about too, if I could end up with an eating disorder because of my body issues. But I realize that it's more likely that I'll just never reach my goal because I get it in my head that I'm not that big...It's so confusing!

Riestrella - Thank you so much for your wonderful insight! I'm dealing with a lot of self -esteem issues in addition to trying to lose weight, and I remember a trainer I worked with about 5 years ago telling me that she became a licensed therapist because she found that most of her clients had deeper-seeded problems to conquer before they could achieve their goals. I really appreciate all the support I've been receiving here, and I think I'm on my way to getting where I want to be.

Thank you all for your input, you are all doing an amazing job and are wonderful people. Best of luck in all your journeys!
Becky, 29

AJ'sAwesomeMom is offline   Reply With Quote