View Single Post
Old 09-30-2013, 03:00 AM   #1
AlohaJess

S/C/G: 183/183/150

Height: 5'8"

Default I'm nervous I won't be able to do this...

Hi everyone,

I just came across this website and decided to join on a whim. Hopefully I'll be able to link up with others like me and find a way to meet my goal.

I guess the best way to explain how I feel is... nervous. I'm not hugely overweight - just 20 or 30 pounds, I can shop almost anywhere, I don't have any weight related health problems. I believe most people would describe me as "hippy" or "curvy".

I was a college athlete who worked out continuously and was always in shape (although I never appreciated the great body I had at the time). Now I rarely work out and honestly don't really have the desire to.

I've wanted to lose weight for a while and just haven't had the drive to do it, which makes me nervous. My fiance and I have both gained about 20 lbs since we got together, and we both work in the food industry. I own a custom cake business and am constantly having to taste what I make. Ironically, I don't eat too much of what I make, but we do eat out a LOT and I definitely have a sweet tooth.

I feel nervous that I don't have the self control to limit myself when we're out and about. I consider myself a foodie and definitely always want to try everything. Our social life revolves around group dinners, food festivals, tasting menus.

I've just joined Weight Watchers and am hoping to have some success. My fiance wants to lose weight, too (he used to run marathons) but at this moment is sitting across the table from me eating Rocky Road from the carton.

Anyone have any words of wisdom? I've definitely got an easier road than some others out there, I just need to get my *** in gear and stop making excuses. Thanks in advance!
AlohaJess is offline   Reply With Quote