Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-29-2013, 11:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 327/327/250

Height: 5'6

Default Road to a new me!

Hey there.

I'm always stumbled upon this site in my fits of searching online for some miracle way to lose weight, and I would briefly read about some before and after threads and it gave me motivation--for about a week.

I'm 23, and I weigh 327 pounds. About four weeks ago I was 317. I'm not really sure how I put on an extra 10 pounds that fast, but I'm trying not to think about it. I just moved out to a new apartment, my first time moving out of my Mom's, and it was scary and very stressful. Thankfully, I have my fiance with me. I met him online 5 years ago, and just barely met in person about a year and a half ago. Ever since meeting him I noticed I had been putting on the weight slowly but surely. I don't know if it was because I was finally happy, and I loved going out to eat with him, and I felt good! I just wish I noticed before it was too late. Until I felt like this.

I feel bad sometimes because I kinda get angry at him thinking it was all his fault for making me so happy that I forgot to take care of myself! How does that even happen? I don't know. All I know is I need to fix it. Before we moved in together at my mom's last year, I weighed about 280-ish.

Today was the last straw. I'm sick and tired of being tired all the time. I feel like I'm a normal skinny-ish girl stuck in this body that isn't me. I'm tired of being totally winded getting out of my car (we have a really low sports car) and my stomach pressing up on me while driving. I'm tired of never taking pictures below my chin because I'm so ashamed.

So here I am. I'm hoping that I stick through it. I really do. My fiance is along with me, since he has put on about 50 pounds with me as well. We're going to start eating healthy. I just find it a bit hard since we both work for an Amazon warehouse, and as soon as we get home we are TOO tired to cook or do anything. We work 5 8 hour shifts every week, and we're about to get into our busiest time which work weeks will go up to 60's. I just hope we don't lose focus then.

But yes, sorry for the long intro. I felt like I needed to get it off my chest.

So here goes nothing. We went to work out today for about 30 minutes (cause that's all we could really do without being exhausted), and hoping tomorrow after work we'll do it again. Little by little maybe?
pacmangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 11:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

pacmangirl We are here to rally with you!!! We feel your struggles as many of us have struggled for years and some from childhood. Thanks so much for making your first post here a story of your journey!

STAY STRONG and join in threads here and be judged for who you are as a PERSON,not your "size"

MrsKevin (NW Illinois)
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Pacmangirl! You and your fiance can do this! I know you are busy but you found a way to exercise today and that's great! Maybe you two could work together on the weekend to plan/prepare healthy meals throughout the week too. (Let's remember, crockpots are wonderful!) You'll find lots of support here, so browse around and jump right in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Pacmangirl, I totally understand what it's like to be busy. Life is nuts! I do, however, have a little bit of free time on weekends, and I spend some of that time cooking or prepping foods to eat during the week.

Freezer cooking is my best friend, I swear. I just make a full family sized pot or dish, separate it into small serving containers, and I freeze. Not only do you not have leftovers readily available, but you have a controlled portion of inexpensive, healthy, homemade food in just a few minutes. It's easier to pull something from your freezer than it is to go get fast food!

The easiest things to freeze are soups, chilis, and stews since they're in liquid - just cook a big pot and measure out 1-2 cups in small containers, let cool, and put in the freezer.

Other easy things to start with are meatballs, burgers, burritos, and nuggets. I like to use lean meats and shred the non-starchy vegetables into the meat before cooking. I bake the nuggets and meatballs, but leave the burgers raw. I cook, fill and roll the burritos, but I don't sear or bake them.
These need to be frozen on a cookie sheet, then once frozen, transferred to freezer bags. This keeps them from sticking together so you can take out the amount you want to eat.

I even crockpot 5lbs of chicken breast at a time, then shred it and freeze it in 2-cup portions so I have it readily available.

There are a lot of super quick recipes for dinner to be ready in 30 minutes or less.

Good luck! You can do this
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote