General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #1  

Height: 5'9"

Default Do you sweat less?

I was wondering if you sweat less since you've lost weight? I sweat so much that I hate doing anything. Just going to the grocery store I sweat a lot.

TexasNonie
TexasNonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:03 PM   #2  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Your signature, Texas, will have something to do with that and if Nonie means grandma, that too will be a reason for sweating. I'm sweating like a fat girl in Alaska but it's age related.

Cat
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Yes, Vintagecat, I am a grandmother, 53 years old. And yes, it is hot in the Texas Panhandle. That is why I love the cooler weather fall has brought.

TexasNonie
TexasNonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #4  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

Strangely I still sweat a lot but when I sweat is different.

I used to sweat a lot while walking up hill or doing household chores.

Now I sweat a lot when working out. And I mean a lot. Even with a headband on and wrist bands I will soak my t-shirt on the treadmill and will have sweat on the treadmill. So some of it is just genetic.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #5  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

The timing and amount of my sweat resembles Ian's.

I sweat less when just getting on with my life. But boy, do I soak my padded gloves, my hair, the front of my shirt, my sports bra and my workout pants.

Sometimes I think I ought to wring out my sports bra over the bathroom sink before hanging it over the shower rod to dry out before I stuff it into a laundry bag.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #6  
diamondgeog

One of the unexpected but great things about losing weight for me is how much better this past summer was. I live in Central Texas. Perhaps sweating a tad less. But heat and humdity were much less oppressive. My body handled it much better.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:21 PM   #7  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Sort of. Once I start sweating, I'm as drenched as I ever was. But daily life didn't make me sweat this summer like it used too - now it usually takes exertion to turn my sweat glands on.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:18 AM   #8  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I sweat wth exertion. General life is not nearly as exerting as it was 100 pounds ago
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:48 AM   #9  

Yes, I have the feeling that I'm sweating less. But I guess this just a placebo effect... Nevertheless I feel better since I lost weight and that's what matters.
jerah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I don't sweat as much as I used to. Before I lost weight, I'd break out in a sweat just doing dishes! Now, it takes a lot more effort to start sweating. But when I do sweat, oh boy, do I sweat a lot!
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:51 PM   #11  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I definitely sweat less in general (I often tend to be on the cold side now) and I am less likely to get over-heated while working out also. I love both of these side benefits, so much.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 06:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 200/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.
MAK247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 07:19 PM   #13  
Suicide Wing Winner

S/C/G: 135/98/105

Height: 5'5"

I wish, haha. I sweat about the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK247 View Post
I am an oddball. I have never been a heavy sweater. (haha calling myself a sweater was funny, but I digress) But now that I've lost weight, I actually sweat MORE. Why? Because I drink water like it's going out of style, I think I must have spent the bulk of my life in a state of dehydration which I assume is why I didn't sweat a lot.
Oh wow, I never thought about that. I do drink A LOT of water and I seem to be the only one at the gym with a water bottle… and sweating buckets.
Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:58 AM   #14  

I sweat less for some reason ! hope it's not the tempature change in the gym hehe
sanne89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:10 PM   #15  

When I exercise, I am sweating *a lot* more. Outside of exercise, I'm more inclined to be cold than hot.

I have never handled spicy or hot food all that well but lately, when I eat anything remotely spicy or hot, I sweat like I'm exercising. It is terribly embarrassing. Not sure if it's due to my weight loss, age, or whatever. It sucks.
memememe76 is offline   Reply With Quote