View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #64
JohnP
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondgeog View Post
JohnP you misconstrued my context comment somewhat. First to admit overall sweetener consumption is key. But i continue to think there is much more to the context of HFCS than just 55% or often 60% plus fructose. To you it seems that is all, to me it is a Franken-sweetener until proven otherwise.
I don't disagree with you. I merely think that mercury contamination and greater than 55% concentration in HFCS are a seperate conversation which is why I haven't been addressing them. No question - if manufacturers of HFCS are contaminating the product with mercury or going over the max allowed fructose content they should be punished/penalized or shut down.

To be clear - when I say context I mean that in the sense of the individual. Two extreme examples would be Kaplods for whom even a small amount of sugar is bad - on the other end would be a bodybuilder doing a carb load and might consume 150g of sugar in a day.

Maintaining for two years and I eat whatever I want - just not however much I want. Details here.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote