View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 07:48 AM   #57
Wannabeskinny

S/C/G: 215/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
The reason I was talking about your credentals is because you took the condescending tone that you couldn't be bothered to educate me. We are going in circles which is kind of like Alan Aragon and Dr Lustig went in circles on the same topic. Since those experts in their field cannot agree we are not likely to either. We can just assume you will continue your regurgitation of Aragon's critique and I could then respond with Lustig's rebuttals. But, there isn't much point in that.

There is a valid debate in the topic...the experts cannot even agree. Which is why I had a problem with the way you present your arguments. You assume that everyone who disagrees with you is an uneducated idiot. You even went so far as to call out the OP and give him an F on his topic which was rude and unnecessary. So, carry on without me and if you run out of talking points from Aragon or his comment section, just attack the intelligence of anyone who dares to have a different opinion. I guess that is one way to "win" a debate.
Applause! Thank you! I really hate it when someone is trying to make a point and someone else comes along and tries to make people feel stupid.

Am I the only one who does all the reading, takes in all the information and then doesn't give a damn about it? I don't need no stupid study to tell me what's good for me and what's not. You'd have to be an idiot to think that HFCS is good for you or any modified crop or any processed food. I very much align myself with Dr. Lustig's findings. Does that mean I don't eat sugar? Well no it doesn't, and I'm sure Lustig eats sugar too. But the way it's made me understand the effect of sweeteners on my body is priceless. I have come such a long way from feeling worthless and unmotivated, from feeling like my cravings meant that I was flawed, that I was a lazy slob, that I didn't have the ability to change my weight/eating. The knowledge of how sugar affects me let me know exactly that food has a direct impact on my body, on my cravings and on my actions. If I'm jonesing for a cookie it doesn't mean I'm a weak willed person.... it just means I've overloaded on carbs and that overload has led to more cravings.

OP, if you know and believe that HFCS is not good for you or your family, spend the time needed to monitor your family's food. Work with the school board to remove unhealthy foods from the lunch menu, don't buy boxed treats for your kids, we need to generate a society that thinks about what they put in their bodies, rather than continuing to eat junk food and waiting for some miraculous moment where our government is going to take care of us and help us overcome the overexposure to processed foods. When the FDA is in bed with lobbies there's not much being done for us, we must do for ourselves. I sure as heck am not waiting around for someone to tell me HFCS is bad for me or worse than sugar because I don't need that information to make stay away from it.

If a craving doesn't come from hunger, eating will never satisfy it.

You can't treat an eating disorder with a diet. Duh!
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote