View Single Post
Old 09-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #55
JohnP
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariposssa View Post
I'm not ignoring any evidence, I'm disagreeing with you. You specifically said that once they hit the stomach they are exactly the same. You said it several times. I said that the effect is not the same in the liver according to Dr Lustig. You are free to agree or disagree with him or me. Luckily, I earned my degree from an accredited college; so I don't need your opinionated version of an education. I sincerely doubt that your credentials are more impressive than Dr Lustig's.
They (sucrose commonly known as table sugar and HFCS) are the same (virtually) once they hit the stomach. That is what I was talking about. The bonding makes no difference because the bonds come undone in the stomach. Sucrose is 50% glucose and 50% fructose. HFCS is 45% glucose and 55% fructose.

No one is saying that glucose is the same as fructose, nor implying it.

I have no idea why you're mentioning my credentials. I have none. I can read, I have common sense. Therefore I know that dose matters. Lustig is talking about fructose but ignoring dose. He is also completely ignoring context.

We're just going around in circles here...

Maintaining for two years and I eat whatever I want - just not however much I want. Details here.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote