Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 09:53 AM   #1  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Default Who started August 2013? Part II :)

Good Morning!

Since we were getting close to 500 posts (and I gather around 500 is the limit), as promised, I have started "Part II" of our "Augusters" thread (though we certainly invite all commenters!)!! Thanks, everyone, for making this a place where we can compare notes, offer support, share knowledge, vent our disappointments as well as celebrate our victories as we go through this journey together!! We will have NO DROPOUTS in this class of August 2013!!

So we don't lose track of all the great info in the original thread, here is a link to Part I. Thanks, Lisa, for the instructions on how to embed a link!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ach-other.html

And if you haven't checked in for awhile, please do! Have a beautiful Sunday!

Last edited by slownsteady; 09-22-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #2  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Bump! Want this to be ahead of the old Auguster's thread so this one will be used.

Last edited by slownsteady; 09-22-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 09:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default wondering....

Is there a way to edit and link the original thread to the first post here?

There are some great things that get lost sometimes when a thread changes to volume ii or iii etc...
Old 09-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #4  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for keeping this great thread going slownsteady! Hope you are doing well, from the looks of your ticker, you are doing spledidly well, in fact!

I haven't received access to my ticker yet. I understand that it needs to be 20 full days of being active on the site. Not sure where I fall. But question, where does the signature link appear - do I have to go into the Edit Profile section or, when I enter User CP will I see a link that will allow me to create a ticker once it is time?

Sorry if this is redundant - I checked around but couldn't find the info.

In other news, I want to make those Kale Chips today that everyone seems to rave about. Have you had them and if so, do you like?

Have a relaxing Sunday Slownsteady & Everyone!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #5  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning!

I started on Aug. 25, which, in retrospect was a bit crazy, as it was the day before school started. I thought that would prove difficult, but it has been much easier than I thought it would! I just had my four week WI. Pretty happy with the results (down 18 pounds so far). I just joined is community, but I have been reading the forums for a while to get ideas and support. Thanks for this thread!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #6  
Taking it day by day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good morning!

I started on Aug. 25, which, in retrospect was a bit crazy, as it was the day before school started. I thought that would prove difficult, but it has been much easier than I thought it would! I just had my four week WI. Pretty happy with the results (down 18 pounds so far). I just joined is community, but I have been reading the forums for a while to get ideas and support. Thanks for this thread!
Welcome ReenHag and CONGRATS on all of your success to date - that's fantastic and you must feel absolutely wonderful! Keep it up and thanks for joining up.
Old 09-22-2013, 10:31 AM   #7  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Is there a way to edit and link the original thread to the first post here?

There are some great things that get lost sometimes when a thread changes to volume ii or iii etc...
I was lamenting (and hoping!) the same thing! I hope someone knows how to do that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
I haven't received access to my ticker yet. I understand that it needs to be 20 full days of being active on the site. Not sure where I fall. But question, where does the signature link appear - do I have to go into the Edit Profile section or, when I enter User CP will I see a link that will allow me to create a ticker once it is time?
Yep, when the day comes, when you go to User CP, you will see a new "Edit Signature" option. Seems like you've been on here longer than 20 days! Hope you get it soon!

Quote:
Good morning!

Welcome!! You have had a GREAT start! Congratulations! So happy to have you join our "Augusters" group
Old 09-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #8  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Good morning!

Welcome! We have very similar stats and your loss gives me lots of hope! I think from your picture you're a bit younger than me but hey ho, it's nice to have someone with stats and tracking levels. Glad you're here!!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #9  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone. First I want to say thanks to everyone for your support, it really helped me get over my disappointment with my week 1 loss. Yesterday was such an emotional sinkhole for me, I was exhausted and went to bed before 10 pm! I've stayed on plan tho, even tho I worked a bake sale in the neighborhood and brought home cakes for my family! I'm determined to make this work! Hope you all have a great Sunday! Cooking out tonight, will have grilled mahi mahi, yum!!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #10  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Thanks, everyone! I appreciate the welcome and the support. I've been avoiding my lesson plans, hanging out on the forums instead. Better get to work! LOL
Old 09-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #11  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! I've am doing a bead/jewelry show all weekend so my normal routine is all messed up, but I've managed to stay OP. I took a bag of lettuce and munched it like potato chips when I got really hungry -- kind of weird but what the heck! Also had some zucchini slices and a mango drink for lunch, then had my evening IP (vanilla drink) for a late afternoon snack since I knew I'd be starving. Came home and had my usual dinner.

I sure hope today is better in other ways -- I stayed up late Friday night to get all my stuff ready and my car loaded, got up early yesterday so I could have a full two hours to set up my display . . . went out to the garage and my car wouldn't start. Had to call AAA and wait for them . . . it was the battery and thankfully the guy had one with him so he swapped it out for me and I got to the show an hour before opening instead of two hours, but I got there so that was good! Then after all that the crowds were very, very thin and my total sales for 8 hours yesterday were . . . $10. I spent $93 on the battery before I left the house, plus the table space was $85 . . . I sure hope things pick up today! Lots of people stopped and told me how incredible my work was, but no one bought anything. But the sellers around me and I still had a fun time of it, and I won a couple raffles so that was cool! But I really want to (a) make some money, and (b) get rid of some of my stuff!!

Well, if I don't get going I'll be late again today so I better move along.

Have a great day everyone, and let's all continue to be big losers!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:46 AM   #12  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Good morning everyone. First I want to say thanks to everyone for your support, it really helped me get over my disappointment with my week 1 loss. Yesterday was such an emotional sinkhole for me, I was exhausted and went to bed before 10 pm! I've stayed on plan tho, even tho I worked a bake sale in the neighborhood and brought home cakes for my family! I'm determined to make this work! Hope you all have a great Sunday! Cooking out tonight, will have grilled mahi mahi, yum!!
Good for you! I'd hard when things don't go as expected. If it makes you feel any better, my coach told me that it's not uncommon for the fat % to go up the first week, because you are losing water so less of your mass is water, so more is fat, percentage wise. I am sure it will right itself this next week!

Keep your eye on the future -- this is all temporary -- but when we come out on the other side, not only will we look and feel good physically, but we'll also have new confidence that we can do ANYTHING!!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:58 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Ticker

KareVT - I am certainly NO expert on this stuff but I will pass along what I experienced when I did this recently. You do go to User CP and I think the first line would be "Edit Signature" if you are now allowed to add the ticker. If so, follow the instructions and it will lead you to the part of the process where you get to choose you ticker line and decos.

Last edited by schenectady; 09-22-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Good morning my August friends!!! Hit the 20 pound mark on the home scale today!! Whooo-hooo!!
Old 09-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #15  
Taking it day by day!

Slownsteady / Schenectady - Thank you both for helping me with my ticker inquiry. Makes sense now that I know what I am searching for. I like all of the tickers I see, it adds more fun & color to the page, not to mention that it is really interesting to read the stats.

slownsteady - I too feel like I've been on here for more than 20 days, LOL. Oh well, I guess I need to practice patience and my ticker will soon appear.

Have a great Sunday and talk to y'all later!
Closed Thread