View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
amandie
Gettin' it done!

S/C/G: HW- 242 Restart SW:166 7/24/14

Height: a little over 5'2

Yup, same here. It's all mental and we just naturally are critical of ourselves.

While I know I am not 226 pounds anymore, sometimes I still see a glimpse of her every now and then in the mirror. I try to focus on pictures rather than the mirror, they're more honest, if you know what I mean?

I understand you on your body, I have a lot of stretch marks, a built-in muffin top where my lower stomach is and some loose skin. It sucks but for me, it's a lot better than being 226lbs again. I try my best to focus on the good parts. It doesn't always work though!

I'm 27 and honestly, I am playing catch-up on dressing myself because I wasn't able to dress the way I wanted to. Some of it hinges on a bit too young and/or sexy for my age but for the most part, I think I dress okay? I stopped buying stuff that was too small for me because whenever I was able to finally fit in them, they didn't fit right (too loose in the thigh and crotch area, etc) ya know so I'd focus on buying what fits you the best right now.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.- Winston Churchill
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote