Old 07-30-2013, 10:30 AM   #1  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Smile #289 Bale of Turtles Cranking It!

We are the Turtle Group here at www.3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration, we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on by using the skills and techniques we have learned from experience to keep us on track. We believe in giving each other support. good luck.
Itryharder
Judy
(for Lin and Lauren)
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Thanks Judy for setting us up with a new thread!

Weather has been nice up here lately since our heat wave broke. I like the heat but that was getting too much.
Started back this week with my walking & got in 8 miles so far, so
feeling better about that. Eating has been so/so on weekends.
My gf came to trailer Sat & showed up with 3 large bags of chips (which is my biggest weakness) so we shared 1 bag & I sent the other 2 home with her. I bought 2 filets of salmon to make for our dinner, but then my gf
felt like fish & chips so we went out for that. Ended up having salmon Sun & Mon evenings. So lots of fish for me this week. Anyway, we had a great time & caught up on everything.

So how is everyone else doing this week?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #3  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, good to hear from you. I love that you walked all those miles. Weigh to go!
I had a nice WI, down 1.2# but still just on the wrong side of onederland.
I hope to have a good WI on this coming Wed. and get on the right side again. I made a pledge to myself to lose 3# this summer and I want that to happen. Lots of social activities get in the way. A week visit with my sisters,
block party this weekend, off to Hershey Park with dd and her family coming up soon. Plus dh and I caught a movie yesterday and had dinner out. All good and fun, but even using all my WW tips.................I can stay at this weight and it's not too hard..................but losing the pound here and there is tough. I can do it!

Hey, how's everyone doing? We had a break in the heat here too and it's raining now. I'm heading out to my book club. We read Me Before You.
I thought it was an okay book. We always meet at a restaurant for lunch and we have a good time once a month. Nice group.

Okay, chime in when you can and Onward and Downward for us all!
Judy
234.6/200.2/180's and thinner
Old 08-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Everyone! Sorry I have been MIA lately, busy with lots of stuff at work and home. Had another flare up with my neck again and had to go in for another spinal injections but on the mend now. Will just take a mini break from cycling to let it heal and then get back to my classes!

I am very close to Onderland also but am not sure if I will make it there this week... the scale is up so I am chugging water today to prepare for W/I tomorrw!

Bandit: Enjoy your time at the trailer!

Judy: I have heard about that book but have not read it.

All: I hope everyone is doing great!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 02:37 PM   #5  
Chick

Princess, feel better soon. Smart to take a break for a bit. Good luck with the WI :

Food is good here today. My exercise definitely needs stepping up.
judy
Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #6  

Happy Sunday all! It is state fair time here in Indiana - the hubs and I went today and enjoyed it, nibbled on this and that but over all I did not do too badly... To be honest nothing really seemed worth it and I would have to work too hard to make it up - so I nibbled on a couple slices of fried green tomatoes and shared a thing of this fried spiral cut fries - nothing too earth shattering.

W/I went better than I expected and I managed to lose 1.8 lbs and make it to onderland so I was very happy about that.

I am going to pay some bills and then curl up for a summer afternoon nap I think.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:24 PM   #7  
Chick

Princess, losing 1.8# and : is wonderful. So glad you're back in onederland! I hope to be there soon. It certainly made bypassing some of the foods at the fair very worth it!! Weigh to go!

Judy
Old 08-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #8  

Hello Everyone and Happy Monday! It was a long work day today and is not really over yet but I wanted to stop in quick and say hello!

We need rain here pretty badly so I rainy day or two would not break my heart but the silver lining is that I don't have to mow the yard

We had so much rain in early spring and now we get a drop or two but that is about it, not enough to really count.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #9  

Hi turtles

Princess - congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome - keep up the good work.

Judy - glad to hear your food is on the right track, thats great.

Had an extra long weekend & the weather was pretty good. Abit on the windy side up at the lake, but at least the sun was shining. Got in a few more walks but my eating wasn't great over the holiday.
But back at it & go from there.

All - hope everyone is doing great!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:57 PM   #10  
Chick

Hi turtles,
All we can do is apply what we know works and keep on keepin' on.
A friend who goes to WW's mtgs. with me and I are going to work even harder to go beyond just maintaining and get some of this extra weight off.

Good luck to all of us!
Judy
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 PM   #11  

Hi Judy - you go, girl Lets all get on the "loser wagon"
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #12  
Chick

I like the idea of a "loser wagon." Thanks, Bandit. It made me smile.
Here's my resolve:
1. Only eat when I'm hungry
2. Count food intake.......either calories, points plus, or pennies....but count!
3. Work simple exercise and movement into my day.
4. Don't sweat the small stuff (organic, low carb, low fat, "better choices")
Make the focus losing weight.
5. Keep it consistent. Doing well five days a week and overeating two is
perfect for maintenance, but I've got weight to lose!

Have a great day/weekend. I'm thinking of the Turtles. We can do this.
Judy
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #13  

Hello everyone and happy Friday! Long weekend ahead with some travel so I will not be W/I tomorrow at WW but am still trying to stay on track and not use that as an excuse to go off track .

Judy: great list of goals!

Bandit: have a great weekend!

Life: Hope all is well!

Cherry: Hope you are going great!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #14  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Had a great mini vacation with dd, dsil, and dgrandchildren at Hershey Park.
Have you ever been there in PA? We all laugh that it's the only place on earth where all the paths are uphill. It was fun. Eating was challenging.
Only one place at the park served grilled chicken. for the most part it
was fried,etc. I did find a place that served frozen banana on a stick.
It was dipped in chocolate and yummy. In comparison to all the other foods, it was a good choice. I avoided the roller coasters, but had fun at the water park and "tubing" down the lazy river. It was a nice family time.

Today food has been very good. We got home late last night. I took today as a day to regroup and recoup. Got some simple things done, but mostly spent the day watching tv and crocheting.

Wishing you all the best and hope you had a good weekend.
Tomorrow is Monday.............the ideal day to do well. We can do this!
Judy
Old 08-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone I have been dealing with some health issues. My weight is up and my blood pressure is also up. So I am now on a blood pressure medicine and a diet pill. I am not so sure how I feel about the diet pill. So I basically get to start over again on this journey. I am dealing with it the best I can.

Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote