View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #25
diamondgeog

We eat more and move less. As far as I'm concerned, that's what's making us fat. I completely agree with that.

But they are connected. What if we eat more because HFCS/sugar foods increase our appetities even though we have had a lot of calories already? And then we don't have any energy because of these bad diet choices?

Why are we eating more and exercising less? Did a whole nation all of a sudden decide to do this?

I had a huge belly. Huge. I've lost 40lbs and gained some muscle but am still very overweight. I'm a shade under 5'10".

But my belly fat, thankfully, started to drop a lot recently. I haven't been losing a lot of weight recently but I am continuing to try to stay away from carbs but also purging and not buying products with any HFCS in them lately. I am losing inches. Still creeping up on the 230s though, hopefully by end of October at the worst.

I've found this to be true from personal experience.

"Studies have shown that fructose can be hard on the body. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation compared the effects of fructose-sweetened drinks with glucose-sweetened drinks over the course of 10 weeks in overweight and obese subjects. About 25 percent of the energy requirements over that time period came from the drinks (read: soda). While study participants gained about the same amount of weight regardless of sweetener, the fructose group—but not the glucose group—saw increases in belly fat as well as a dulling of insulin sensitivity."

And yes sugar has almost as much fructose. But it is also bound to the glucose differently. So it isn't just one thing that makes HFCS different but a host of things. Manufactures also do not stop at the 55% fructose level they say they do. Often sodas show 60-65% fructose. Some foods have shown over 90%.

Last edited by diamondgeog : 09-25-2013 at 02:31 PM.