Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 390/352/140

Height: 5'4"

Default September NSVs (non scale victories)

Once again I am starting this thread because it truly is nice to see all the extra benefits from losing weight and getting healthy...

Please share your triumphs of not just shedding pounds but getting healthy...

pjvw34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #2  

Ok here is a good one...

I went out to have lunch with my nephew today... he has a new truck but has yet to put running boards (steps) so that it is easier to get in and out of the truck... I had to hoist/jump up into the truck... AND I DID!!!

Even just a few weeks ago that would NOT have taken place... so YEA me!!!

Even the seatbelt fit with no problem...

I can see little things like that every day... makes me feel good...
Old 09-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #3  
MF 3/31/13

S/C/G: 261/ticker/155 for now

Height: 5'2"

I had to go buy underwear this weekend because all of mine are literally falling off. While I was there I saw a cute running skirt. I bought one in XL thinking it would fit in a few weeks or so - fits now!!! Wore it today. It's adorable and I feel cute working out in it
SuperHeroTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:53 PM   #4  

Awesome Super... I had to buy some underwear a week or so ago and I too bought a smaller size thinking they would eventually fit and they fit me right now too... YEA Us!!!

I know I have lost weight when I go down in underwear sizes... LOL
Old 09-02-2013, 06:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 298/248/158

Height: 5'7"

I wanted to share a NSV I experienced the other day- I went on holiday, on a plane, which I was dreading. The last time I was on a plane (November last year) the seat was uncomfortable, the armrest wouldn't stay all the way down, and I had to do up the seatbelt under my belly flap, as it wouldn't go over it, and it was a tight squeeze anyway, making the 2 hour flight almost like torture. I was too embarrassed to ask for an extension belt, so I suffered silently.

This past weekend I flew on a similar plane, had no issue sitting in the seat (the armrests didn't rise! The seat was quite comfortable!) and I could belt OVER my belly, and there was three inches of belt left over.

I put on a couple of pounds over the holiday (ate a bit more than intended, despite all of the walking I did), but it didn't get me down because of this NSV. In fact, it's inspired me to do even better- I want the next time I go on a plane (April next year) to be even more comfortable- and I'm aiming for 6 inches of extra belt left over this time around!
FerrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 353/340/299 (for now)

Height: 5'5"

That's awesome Ferris!! I can't wait for my airplane/flight NSV!

pjvw34 and superheroteacher - congrats! I'm going through the "undergarments are too big" issue myself except mine are with bras. Those suckers are not cheap.

Last edited by Dreamgyrl; 09-04-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Dreamgyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #7  

I know Dreamgyrl - I had to buy some bras yesterday. My favorites are the ones from Lane Bryant so I went buy yesterday and picked up 3 in a size smaller. They are expensive so I will wear these as long as I can. However, it has been a very long time since I was in a 44.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:08 PM   #8  

I was at Target tonight and I bought a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller since they were on clearance for a good price (thinking I could wear them later this fall). After I got home, I decided to try them on for fun and this fit perfectly!!!!! Well, there goes that idea of saving them which is great because my jeans are all now too big/baggy.

I think this weekend, I seriously need to go through all of my pants and get a box ready for donation and figure out how to replace them for cheap as I don't want to spend money on something I'm only going to wear for 2-3 months.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #9  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I don't know if any of you have ever been to the Lewis and Clark Caverns, or Yellowstone park, but I was just there on vacation and had some pretty awesome NSVs.

I had to hike up 300 feet in the 90 degree heat to get to the mouth of the caverns, and It was hard, especially in thin air, but I made it. I was also able to navigate inside the cave (including sliding on my butt) without getting stuck.

Over the next two days I climbed up the side of three more mountains, hiked to the waterfalls at Yellowstone, and generally did things I would never have been able to do before.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 07:19 PM   #10  

Awesome Jane!!!

I am the coordinator for a local food pantry at my school. A larger organization provides and delivers food to us once a month and I get the word out and people are able to come to the school and pick up the free food.

We took the summer off because I was afraid that I would have zero help in distributing. Anyway, yesterday was our first one back and I was moving around and working like it was nothing. I have to interject here that last year when we did these I was out of breath and didn't feel like doing any helping and mostly just greeted our patrons. So HUGE NSV for me.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 327/301/250

Height: 5'3"

Non Scale Victory:

The jeans that fit me 6 years ago, again fit me, even a little loose!

and Strength... We moved this month, and I was strong enough to carry stuff... I didn't have an asthma attack every trip up and down the stairs!
NikonGirl30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:34 AM   #12  

This is funny (to me anyway) but maybe 2 years ago, I bought a pair of sunnies without trying them on and there were way too tight so I put them in my "sell on *bay" pile. So this weekend while organizing my closet, I decided to try on the sunnies one more time before letting them go and they fit! lol

I've apparently lost weight in my head. LOL!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:13 AM   #13  

Hi ladies!

Normally if I have to do something that involves me feet (putting lotion on them, fastening buckles on shoes, etc.), I have to shift and bend over - this morning, I was able to easily cross my legs to strap on my sandal!!! It was effortless I tell you!

Additionally, now that I'm pulling out a lot of my fall clothing from last year, things fit so much nicer and better on me. I seriously feel like I have a new wardrobe.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Last edited by Dreamgyrl; 10-09-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #14  

Fall is here so this morning when I go into my closet to pull out some closed toe shoes to wear - I discover they are all too big!?!?! OMG - I don't know what I'm going to do because I don't have money to replace all my fall/winter shoes.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #15  

Bump

c'mon now - I know there has to be something out there! :~)