General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-18-2013, 03:20 PM   #1  

Default Looking for breakfast Ideas!!

I am looking for some good healthy breakfast ideas other then oatmeal or smoothies.

Thanks
canadacatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:42 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

I like a 100% whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and banana slices on top and a glass of milk.
spetty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

I like to have a fried egg on light bread with some raw spinach on it. I also usually have a piece of fruit with it. I find the protein in the egg helps me with staying power and the fruit helps with the filling.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 06:57 PM   #4  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

I am doing Weight Watchers. I like to put 1 tbs olive oil in a pan, toss in some thinly sliced sweet onions, mushrooms and peppers, and a cup of chopped spinach and cook a few minutes with some fresh ground pepper and sea salt until softened. Then I break an egg over top of it and scramble. Wonderful!!! and only 5 points. Add a glass of low sodium V8 and you've got a great start to the day.
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

toast (no butter), egg, yogurt, black coffee

Last edited by tyla; 09-18-2013 at 07:10 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:53 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 69kg/65/60

Height: 5ft

I'm on WW too and I absolutely need a semi skim cappuccino every morning, so I usually only have 2 pts left for something to eat. I'll sometimes have, 1 cup fruit salad or a crumpet with a tsp honey & 1/2 a small banana. Dry toast with tomato or half a small can of beans.
happybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #7  
Unstoppable Force

S/C/G: 225/ticker/137

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadacatman View Post
I am looking for some good healthy breakfast ideas...
What plan are you following?
What do you like to eat?
Do you like to cook?
How do you define "healthy"?

My concept of "good" and "healthy" may be entirely different than yours.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #8  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I love oatmeal, made with vanilla unsweetened almond milk, with about a quarter cup of chopped nuts, I know you said other than oatmeal or smoothies, but I love them both!

Don't forget about adding raisins. Or frozen blueberries, or peanut butter, to oatmeal, you can add in a lot of. variety.

That said my other go to is scrambled eggs and salsa, love it, it's great to look for if you're traveling at a hotel breakfast, if you can tolerate you can scramble egg whites. I like to sauté veggies, too and scramble the egg as mentioned above.

If you're in a hurry, nature. valley crunchy oat granola bars are good in a pinch, better than some chewy ones.

Cheerios are good with the van. Almond milk, too.

Best of luck
kelijpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #9  
I will lose this weight!!

S/C/G: 405/400/200

Height: 5'10

I enjoy a wheat tortilla, 2 link turkey sausages and low fat cheese wrapped and melted together. I usually do this once a week when I get tired of Bran Flakes and Almond milk......
kikimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

I like to eat nontraditional breakfasts - chicken/lettuce wraps, soup, chili, sardines (this is how my boyfriend and I knew we were made for each other, lol) - or I'll go more traditional with omelettes, huevos rancheros, shakshouka, or even a bowl of sauteed veggies topped with a runny egg.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 85/83/60

Height: 156cm

Well I have a simple breakfast really, because I'm generally busy getting lunch organised in time etc.. but I'll share it anyway!

I have uncle tobys branplus (because it gives so much fiber), skim milk and a piece of fruit such as an apple, pear, or nectarine.

I've tried having yoghurt and fruit for breakfast before. You know, light breakfasts. but It's always left me to starving point well before lunch time even arrives.
Then I discovered bran plus and It really works for me!
Fresh Feeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:42 AM   #12  

I usually have some form of eggs, but my other go-to is banana noatmeal. I heat up a banana, mash it with cinnamon, add blueberries and almond milk and heat it again. Tastes somewhat like oatmeal but FAR better (to me anyway) and has no sugar, fat, or grains. You can add almonds/walnuts for the fat/protein.

Also, sweet potato home fries with onions/peppers, depending on whether your plan allows fats. You need oil (I use coconut).

I've also made omelet biscuits. You mix eggs and your favorite veggies, put the mixture in cupcake tins, bake until the eggs are mostly solid, add cheese. Biscuits, but no flour. Wholesome/unprocessed.

And there's always yogurt with fruit or fruit salad, and smoothies, etc.

Last edited by Mazzy; 09-25-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote