View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013, 06:50 AM   #8
Annik
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
The stevia studies I referred to were not "cooked up" or in any way endorsed or connected with sweetener manufacturers. At least one was done before stevia was even legalized as a sweetener in the USA.

There are many natural food products used for hundreds of years in apparent safety that were found to have adverse health effects no one ever tied to the herb. Who would think to tie stevia use by a pregnant woman to her sons having smaller than normal genitalia?

Especially since stevia's traditional users were men on hunting trips if I'm recalling correctly.

I dug deeper into the artificial sweetener research than anyone I've met yet. I've read dozens of the studies and hundreds of the abstracts. I've read critiques and critiques of critiques of the research on all sides.

To get at anything resembling the truth on this issue, you have to really dig deep.
To say that it can affect the size of men's genitals is classic fear mongering.

The kinds of stevia that I'd be wary of are the brands that are being doctored by the multi-nationals for God knows what reason (eg, Cargill now producing Truvia which has stevia but with xylitol added. Why?)

Stevia's traditional users were all kinds of people...for food and even shamen wo knew of its medicinal properties for treating blood sugar imbalances.

w1: 11 lbs; w2: 4 lbs; w3: 3.6 lbs; w4: 5 lbs; w5: 5 lbs;w6: 2.4 lbs; w7: 1.4lbs; w8: 6lbs ; w9: 1lb w10: 4.6 lbs w11: 0lbs w12: 5 lbs; w13: 2 lbs w14: 4 lbs ; w15: no w.i.; w16: 11.5 lbs ; w17: 1 lb; w18: 2.5 lbs; w19: 2 lbs; w20: .5; w21: no w.i.; w22: 9 lbs; w23: 3.5 lbs ...

No longer morbidly obese! Total loss now = 108 lbs. With thanks to the Ideal Protein Diet (a form of ketogenic nutrition)!

Low carb life is my liberation!

Annik is offline   Reply With Quote