Old 09-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/124/125

Height: 5" 4"

Default Reboot question

I am doing a two week reboot after 2 years in maintenance after a few pounds creeped back on...wondering if I go right back to maintenance after the two weeks or if I have to do any phase 2, 3, etc? Thanks
fowegrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #2  

I can't remember where I found this, but I copied it for future reference

IP reset/restart

What is a Re-Set? A re-set is what happens when you have been in maintenance for a minimum of 6 months (more typically a year) . A re-set “re-sets” the pancreas and helps us to maintain our sensitivity to insulin. It is recommended that this is done once a year to prevent those 5-7 pounds of weight gained over the course of a year from becoming 50-70 lbs. A reset is typically not appropriate for those looking to lose more than 10-15lbs. This number will depend on your total weight loss on the program i.e. if you lost 100lbs on the program and you are looking to lose 15lbs of weight gained while on maintenance a re-set would be appropriate -this would equal about 15-16% of your total weight loss any more than that a reset would not be appropriate. If you lost 30lbs while on the program 5 lbs. would be appropriate for a reset- about 15-16% of your total weight loss.

Why? A re-set is an accelerated version of the regular protocol. Phase 1 until you reach your goal (no more than 2 weeks) and then an accelerated phase off minimum of 2 days on phase 2 and phase 3 maximum of 1 week on phase two and phase 3. The goal is to complete the reset within 1 month. An accelerated phase off can only be done when severe calorie restriction (as in phase 1) does not exceeded 2 weeks.

What is a Re-Start? A re-start is what happens if after going on to maintenance you have gained more than 15-16% of the weight you lost while on the program. A re-start would also apply if you are returning to the program to lose some additional weight (exceeding what you would normally be able to lose over the course of 2 weeks) that you had not lost previously while on the program.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #3  

Thanks, I couldn't find that anywhere...although I am a little bummed I can't just go right back....I miss my big breakfasts!
Old 09-23-2013, 11:32 AM   #4  

I just did 17 days but was told that going over two weeks is not a reboot as I originally wanted to do 30 but I got back to goal before then. My coach and I decided to go to 18 days...four days over since I was nearing TOM and she said it would help with bloat, water rentention, and any weight gain. I started phase 3 Saturday and will do a week before gettnig back into maintainence. I also missed the bfasts...a huge part of my mornings each day and I look forward to them more then any other meal. However, its so quick that you won't even know they are gone.

Good luck on the reboot. It's only rough the first couple days but worth it.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
I just did 17 days but was told that going over two weeks is not a reboot as I originally wanted to do 30 but I got back to goal before then. My coach and I decided to go to 18 days...four days over since I was nearing TOM and she said it would help with bloat, water rentention, and any weight gain. I started phase 3 Saturday and will do a week before gettnig back into maintainence. I also missed the bfasts...a huge part of my mornings each day and I look forward to them more then any other meal. However, its so quick that you won't even know they are gone.

Good luck on the reboot. It's only rough the first couple days but worth it.
Thanks! So did you do any phase 2 or just go right to phase 3?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #6  

I just went right into Phase 3, no phase 2. Phase 2 was a tremendous amount of food and there was at one time talk of eliminating it entirely. Not sure whatever happened with that.
eandc2006 is offline   Reply With Quote