View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #18
Nightkatt
Countdown to my Wedding!!

S/C/G: 368/see ticker/218

Height: 5'9.5"

Wow .. there are soooo many options not in NZ lol .. we have WW and Jenny of course .. and we have started getting Celebrity Slim (I think thats what its called) .. and Kate Morgan .. and other shake ones ..

This time around I have been counting calories. I find it actually helps me more than getting told what I can or can't eat, because when that was the case I just ate without thinking about what I was eating or how much it was in calories or what nutrients were in it .. someone else was thinking all of that for me .. so when I went off it I fell right off and put the pounds back one (bringing a bunch of friends with them!)

So I have a Xmas challenge (its really my wedding challenge lol .. but I figured anyone joining may want a different reason lol) .. at the time I was 317 or so pounds .. todays weigh in Im 292.3 .. so almost 25 pounds lost in 6 weeks .. Im stunned really .. my wedding goal is 50 pounds .. I thought I would be pushing it to get there .. but now .. its looking a little more realistic.

On Friday I started a new plan which involves the calorie count .. not sure how long I will stay on it but I have the incentive so will keep pushing it .. its the Venus System. It involves fasting 12 hours a day .. having 1000 cal 5 days, then 1980 for 1 day, repeat 2 times then 3 days of 1000, 1 day of 1980 .. basically I think it works out to be 8000 cal a week for 2 weeks, then 9000 cal a week for 2 weeks, then you go back to the 8000 cal.
The only thing I binge on is chocolate and chocolate biscuits .. I cant just open a packet and treat myself to a piece or a cookie .. its the whole packet every time. Soooo .. until I can control it Im just not having it around me .. I did the same when I gave up smoking. At the time you could smoke in bars and restaurants, so I stopped going to any while I got through the worst of the cravings ... its still a work in progress .. and I think while plans overall are great .. everyone is different .. so maybe its not a specific plan you need .. maybe you need bits from a lot of different plans to create something that works for you.
What foods fill you?? What foods have a guilt button?? What are the triggers for the binge?? I think a lot of the weight journey isn't the food, the scales, the tape measure or the exercise .. its in your head .. until you can identify those triggers and come up with something to counteract them you will just keep doing it again and again.
Good luck .... and if you want to join the Xmas challenge please do .. would love to have you on board .. still 3 months on it .. so it could be fun!

XMAS CHALLENGE 2014 (Sept - Dec)

:Goal 1 - 300 pounds - reached 9.09.13 Goal 2 - 264.6 by 2/12/13 : reached 26.11.13
Goal 3 - 240 reached 23.05.14: Goal 4 - 220
Nightkatt is offline   Reply With Quote