Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/149/115

Height: 5'0"

Default New to the Area

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the area but not to dieting in general. About 5 years ago, I was my heaviest at 215lbs at age 19 and I slowly started putting more exercise and better choices into my diet and slowly lost weight, because I couldn't handle feeling like I was "wasting" my youth by hiding in a room due to my insecurities.

It wasn't until a year ago, from about last August, that I began trying an active diet, mostly through calorie counting. I was able to drop 30 pounds in about 4 months! But the holidays really messed with me, and I found myself struggling with the same 10 pounds for over half a year! Calorie counting worked for a while for me, but since the summer, I knew I had to start getting out the fats and carbs I'm all too fond of.

That brings me to today. A lot of my coworkers are doing the Ideal Protein diet. I don't have the money to buy into the program, but through two particularly helpful ladies, I am copying similar methods and using them as my resource towards my new weight loss program! I only started a week ago, but I remember how helpful it was to join a support group, and they pointed me this way. Unfortunately, I do think they only lurk for advice, but I want to get involved and if possible, make a few friends along the way! Sometimes I feel like I don't have a good enough support system--my roommate and best friend keeps the junk out of the house and makes it easy on me by eating the same dinners--but often she just doesn't want to hear about it. I can't blame her because it's a big part of my life, and she has been blessed with a fast metabolism.

I'm looking forward to being here, and I hope I can make some good friends for our journey! Thanks for reading.
merrilymemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:21 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Merrily! Congrats on the weight you've lost already! You'll find lots of support here, so I'm glad you found us. Be sure to check out the IP forum under Pre-Packaged Meals in the Diet Central section. I'm sure you'll receive lots of good advice and tips there. There is so much to see here, so browse around and do join in! Good luck!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #3  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

Welcome to the forums
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote