Old 09-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #1  
TV Watcher

S/C/G: 232/208/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Extra skin?

Hey everyone, I have question about skin. Currently, I am re-losing after regaining all that I had lost and then some. I got to the highest weight I've ever been at 210 and I know that for a lot of people, they experienced extra skin when they started losing. I have a belly that only when i reached 195 started to hang over. Being in my early 20s, I wanted to see what others around my age experienced. I know that our skin is supposed to be more elastic, but I can't help but worry incessantly about it.

Any tips to help prevent that from happening?
triptriptrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:05 PM   #2  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

You should be good. I am and I am 38.

Working out helps a lot. I do not think I will have any excess skin issues by the time I am done.

Genetics might play a role also.

Last edited by IanG; 09-18-2013 at 10:07 PM.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 202|200|150

Height: 5'4"

I wouldn't worry too much about it. Lose your weight at a safe, steady pace & that should minimize the loose skin. People who lose fast tend to have more loose skin, so if you are hitting the 2-3lb weight loss each week AND are working out, I really wouldn't worry.
MaddieBPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #4  
Lifestyle Changes

S/C/G: 295/sig/175

Height: 5'9

I hear staying hydrated, exercising, getting enough sleep and just generally taking care of your skin can help. Putting on some muscle will also help, I've heard. You can be skinny-fat or toned and I think when you're toned the loose skin is less noticeable.

I have also been told that sometimes when you reach your goal weight your skin will be a bit loose, but after about 6 months to a year it will be less loose as you shed skin and maintain the same weight.

I don't have much experience. I had some loose skin at 160lbs but I lost the weight in a very unhealthy way then and I'm hoping this time around my stomach skin will be a little less unruly.

But I'm also quit a bit bigger than you. You should be fine.
thewalrus0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:53 PM   #5  
just do it :)

S/C/G: ticker!

Height: 5'6

I'm scared to death of loose skin (what a shame to put in so much hard work and still have to struggle with finding clothes to hide in) but I'm doing everything I can to prevent it. Like has been mentioned, keeping your skin hydrated (drinking water as well as moisturizing) is said to be the most important thing, and then exercising to build muscle. I've started to notice my arms aren't as firm as they used to be so I've been doing my best to tone there!
lanabug is offline   Reply With Quote