Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2003, 09:46 PM   #1  
burned out bus driver

Default Stay at home Mom's #99

Welcome to a thread full of laughter, encouragement and support as we try to maintain a household, raise a family and lose weight. Feel free to join us. Newcomers are welcome in addition to our regular posters. Hope to see you posting often! We are glad you are here! Have a great OP day!!

Old 11-07-2003, 09:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 274/167/175

Height: 6'0"

I am having a terrible day, snacking wise. Anyone else get his way when the weather changes? Here in Mich it is getting very cold, and I just want to snack! I go weigh in tomrrow, and I dread it. When I snack like this, I get paranoid I'll retain water. Silly, I know.

On the positive side, Anneliese slept all day, no fussing. Yay!!
And I tried Sophie's hair in pig tails for the first time. Her hair is curly, and I swear she looked like a very young Cindy Brady, the way her pig tails curled around themselves. Too Cute!!

Denise
Old 11-07-2003, 10:06 PM   #3  
burned out bus driver

Hi!
Hard to believe all of the posts at the end of today, so I thought it would be fitting to begin a new thread for the weekend.

Karen- gee I hope you are ok hon...... glad that you can still laugh a bit though! Have you thought about getting a second opinion on your treatment? We have a friend who did just that recently with a diagnosis and the new Md came up with a very different opinion (one that seems more accurate also). I'll be praying for you.

Spryng- waiting for you to check in with a report on FIL..........hope the less invasive procedure works out.

Michele- glad you can check in with us!!!! How are you feeling?

Candy- did you get out shrimping????

Ricci- congrats on the new computer! Kind of disgusting how men can not even try and lose.

Today ended up busy....as usual. Saturday I am off college shopping again with Dd......so I will not get back here until late.
Good night, sleep tight and don't let the bed bugs bite!
Ginny
Old 11-07-2003, 10:10 PM   #4  
burned out bus driver

Hey, Denise, you snuck in on me!!! Today has been tough for me with snacking also. Try not to worry about WI tomorrow.....does your group talk about non scale victories???? The little things that do not always show up on the scale, like a success at avoiding some stress eating......feeling better.....looser fitting clothes etc. BTW- are you doing WW online or going to meetings??? Glad that you found us here on the new thread.

Almost forgot my WW tip!

WWtip for the day (#3)- to avoid snacking while cooking or baking, drink water or chew gum.

See ya!
Old 11-08-2003, 07:17 AM   #5  
Movin' to the Country!

Ginny, I like that last tip! I would most definitely not snack with a piece of gum in my mouth!!! (I am EXTREMELY bad at taste testing while cooking!)

I didn't make it shrimping after all (which is actually ok with me!). It started raining and we just weren't up to trying it in the rain. We ate pizza instead (and right after I talk about avoiding it!) We got the thin and crispy crust from Pizza Hut and I got ham and mushrooms on mine (only 170 cal per slice and 7 g fat!) so I did pretty good. Still had enough calories left for a little dessert. I also jogged on the trampoline for 15 minutes while the guys played video games. Has anyone tried Burger King's new chicken baguette's? I am not a Burger King fan (or McDonald's for that matter) but they have been advertising it as very low cal and low fat. So I tried one yesterday and it was pretty good. 350 cals and 5 g fat. I allot 400 for lunch so that leaves me 50 cal to sneak a couple of the kids fries!!

Anyhows, hope everything goes well with school hunting Ginny! Remember take deep, calming breaths! lol

Denise, I recently tried out pigtails on my 2 year old cutie, Kylie, who also has curly hair, and it was just adorable! Does your little sweetie have blonde hair (like Cindy Brady)? Ky's hair is brown and Sean's hair used to be blonder but is darkening. Boo hoo. I have blonde hair and blue eyes and both my kids have hazel eyes like their dad, who has black hair! Maybe if I go for a third, I'll get blue eyes! I really wanted at least 1 blue eyed kid. My cat has blue eyes, but that doesn't count!!!

Whooo, I sure am babbling on this morning and I haven't even had any caffeine!

Hope everyone has a great day. Looking forward to checking in tonight and seeing how everyone is doing!

BTW, I had my gyn appt yesterday and I'm still the same weight! I knew it was too good to be true to lose 4 lbs the first week. Hope this isn't the beginning of a long stall, just when I'm getting started!!!
Old 11-08-2003, 07:18 AM   #6  

Good Morning All!

Ginny, you are so right about the non-scale victories. I go to meetings, and really enjoy the support. I think part of my snacking paranoia comes from the food choices I used to make. My snacks now are all veggies and low point crackers, cheese, hummus etc. I feel fine this morning.

Thanks for the gum tip. I just ran out, and need to get more. Probably why I snacked so much.

Have a great morning all. I ave a busy day today. Big pot luck with my 40 of my former co-workers this afternoon. I figure I'll drink water, have soup before I go and bring my own beverage. No need to overeat that way!

Denise
Old 11-08-2003, 07:22 AM   #7  

Candy, Sophie is 19 months, and her hair is honey colored. When dh came home last night he was a little dismaed o see her look so grown up--she didn't look like his little tomboy anymore!!

BTW, how old are your other children? Anneliese is 2.5 months.

Denise
Old 11-08-2003, 08:22 AM   #8  
burned out bus driver

Good morning!!!
Never thought I'd get here before we go, but our timing changed a bit.

Denise- aren' t the meetings fun!!! It is there that I got this neat book with the WW tips that I try to get here each day. Enjoy your pot luck! Sounds like you are well prepared to have a good day on WW......plan, plan and plan!

Candy- great job at Pizza Hut (a tough place for dieters!). And enough calories for a treat too! Forget about the dumb scale- weight loss takes time, you are doing fine.

Well, TOM showed up (not unexpected), but I feel ok. Dd is a bit ragged in her mood (and I have to spend the whole day with her!!! ). Oh, brother. I'm off for a 15 minute walk. Have a great day.
Spryng, Michele and Karen- thinking about you.......hang in there.

WW tip #5- Build a food "treat" into your POINTS every day. (for me I use a sugar free popsicle for this.....Yum!)
Old 11-08-2003, 08:54 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

Good morning all!
Wow, this thread is hopping already!!!

Ginny sorry TOM came unexpectedly. That's how mine is all the time now since I got this IUD. Last month I went almost 40 days between periods. But that is suppose to be normal... eventually they'll get further and further apart and then just stop coming at all. I'm ready for that! Are you going to look at schools today?

Denise I remember when I first put my dd hair up in a tiny pony tail... it made her look so much older! But was very cute. I also remember the day she went from an infant car seat to a toddler car seat... it just made her look so tiny yet bigger! Broke my heart. She is tiny for her age. She'll be 4 next month and only weighs 24 lbs. I'll try keeping her young as long as possible How did your WI go? My WI day is today also. I'll post my results at the end of this post. But it is good news.

candybar, I love burger kings chicken bagguettes. Infact that is what I had for lunch yesterday. I got the Lite Combo, which I love. For me it's only 8 pts (with dressing for the salad added in) I like pizza hut on occasion too. Last tuesday my SIL came over and ordered a thin crust veggie pizza so I had two slices for 8 pts. It was good. I love being able to have anything though... makes sticking to a new way of eating very easy.

Karen, how are you feeling? Emotionally/physically? I couldn't imagine what has been on your mind lately. The thought of a hysterectomy would really scare me... but of course I don't deal with the pain you have been through for years. But you need some relief. And I agree that maybe a hysterectomy would be a better option than just minor surgery after surgery to short term fix problems. I hope you are doing ok. I'm thinking about you.

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone...
Well FIL made it through surgery fine. If the procedure worked than he may get to come home sunday or monday. But it wasn't a bypass... it was an angioplasty (sp?) but the doctors say his heart is working much better now. But they are still trying to dissolve the blood clots in his legs and such before he can come home too. So he may be there a couple more days. But it's nice to know he is going to make it and prognosis looks good now.
Misty, I think you asked if DH is coming in this weekend? No, he won't be in until the 14th. Next friday. But he calls the hospital often to talk to his dad and to find out what is going on. If things would have went bad he would have come home immediately of course. Also, the jeans I bought were a 12. I tried on some relaxed fit ones there in a size 10 and they were loose. That is why I wanted to go to Old Navy because I heard that the jeans were cut bigger and you could get away with wearing a smaller size... well the ones I bought are a slim cut, bootleg, really cute and trendy... and the 12's fit perfect but the 10's were snug. So those particular ones were cut smaller. But that is ok. Even though the relaxed fit in size 10 fit loose... they made my hips and butt look HUGE!!! And these other ones are very flattering. I'm very happy with them. When these get too loose I'll go buy the exact same ones in a size 10. But I have to be honest here. These were the very first pair of jeans I have owned that I didn't buy at walmart. I know that probably doesn't seem like much but I've never spent over 12 dollars on jeans. These were on sale for 25 dollars and they feel so good! It was like a milestone for me. Sorry if it sounds absurd.

Ok, well, now for my WI....

drum roll please....................................
I lost 1.5#'s this week!!!!! I'm 3 weeks ahead of my schedule. I have May 1st as my date to reach my goal... and that is one lb lost a week. Well I'l three weeks ahead of that schedule. Which is so exciting. But also gives room for not losing for a week or even a small stall... so I know I'm getting closer and closer. That brings my total loss to 20.5 lbs gone, 12.5 of that from WW. only 3.5 until I hit my 10%. AND I'm almost out of the 150's!!!! My weightloss the last few weeks has been steady. I'm so happy. Ginny you are my hero!!! I couldn't have done any of this without you. If I was still on atkins I would have cheated constantly and sabbotaged myself time and again... I probably would be on some other fad diet right now if it wasn't for you helping me start WW. I love this plan and I love the results I am seeing. I can't thank you enough.
Ok, enough babbling, lol.
I need to desperately clean my house. SO I guess I'll get off of here and start on the kitchen. But today is my flexpoint day. So today and tomorrow I'll be pigging out on junk food until my flex are gone. I love the weekends. but I found that if I eat every last flexpoint I loose every week. But I like to do it on the weekend so I have a week to flush the sodium and such out of my system. It's working so far! Ok, TTYL!
Old 11-08-2003, 11:01 AM   #10  
I'm a Jovi Girl

S/C/G: 225/169.5/140

Good morning!

I am feeling better today. Amazing what a nice chat with the DH and a long nights rest will do for your disposition!

Ginny - Actually, this is my 5th OB/GYN in the last 4 years, and the first one who actually runs tests and ultrasounds rather than just prescribes BC pills or other hormones! He has been very thorough and actually LISTENS! I really do trust him at this point. After seeing the pictures he took inside me when doing the Laporoscopy in July (Very gross, but at least I could see what I was dealing with) I know that I really dont have many more options. It is either fixing small problems just to get by until the next crisis, or fixing it all for good. And I really want to feel human again! the cool thing too is that I am still on consulting terms with my OB from California (She was my OB from the time I started Puberty at 12 until I moved to WA 4 years ago and knows my history well! and she concurs with what he says too.

I really know your pain with TOM showing up unexpectedly! Boy do I know it well! I am on day 6 of semi bleeding and cramps... it is soo crazy. I hope your day with DD goes well!

Denise- When I feel like snacking, I eat a little extra Protien. Something small, like a cheese stick or SF jello. It fills you up faster and keeps you full longer! Being on Atkins, finding Gum that is low enough in Carbs is difficult, so I cant say if it works, besides, I never really liked chewing gum much! LOL. BUT the Water works VERY WELL for me!

Spryng - That is such good news on your FIL! I will keep pryaing for him and his recovery! Keep us posted on that! AND CONGRATS on the loss this week! WTG Girl!!

I hope I didnt miss anyone!!!

I have a nice weekend planned! I GET TO STAY HOME!! WOO HOO! NO soccer or birthday parties! I can clean, go to the gorcery store and just do stuff I need to do around here! I LOVE IT!!

Ok.. Im off. Gotta get through the rest of my email quick so that I can get breakfast on the table. JUst me and the kids today as DH is on his last Miata club drive for the season today!
Old 11-08-2003, 12:53 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

Karen glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. It must be exausting. Hope you get all those things done this weekend and get some quiet time for you to relax also.
Congrats Spryng I can't tell you how happy I am to see you in a program that works for you and makes you happy. Good to hear that FIL had his surgery and he is recovering. Keep us up to date about him. Btw I'm so jealous of your jeans! Geesh I can't wait to wear jeans again! I'm glad you treated yourself to oldnavy. You deserve it! I'm sorda like you, I'e never really bought nice jeans. I usually rummage for them!
Ginny, good luck today. I hope Dd finds a college to suit her and you. I like the WW tips what great ideas.
Candy glad you enjoyed the pizza. Good for you not to over eat. Seems I always over do it with pizza. My fav is papa johns.Been having a craving for it alot lately too.
Denise I have 2 Dd's also. Both of them wore pigtails for along time. They are 4 and 2 now and just recently I had their hair cut into short bob's. It was devistating how grown up it made them look. My Dh hates it because it's so hard for him to see them age. But they were both to the point were they didn't want me fooling with their hair. We live on a farm and have very active lifestyles. So the girls were ready for something they could just comb and go. Seems they grow up way to fast.
Well I'm still hanging in here. This waiting is getting pretty old. I'm dying to see this little feller. Still having alot of pressure and shooting pains but no contractions. Dh went to the hunting cabin last night and was away until 3am! It was great to have some quiet time once the kids went to bed. I had a bubble bath and cocoa and watched 20/20. He was such a bear to get up this am. And now he's on his 2nd pot of coffee! But he had a good time. About once a month his buddies all come out to the cabin and they stay up all night telling hunting stories. I guess its a guy thing cigars and cognac ick! I'd rather have cheese cake and chocolate! He and the girls are cleaning out the tac room today. I'm mostly just sitting. As dull as it is. I made beds and did the usual morning chores and it about did me in. So looks like I'll be taking it easy the rest of the day. Hope you all are haveing a great weekend!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:06 PM   #12  
Domestic Engineer

I'm just cleaning this morning- well that and surfing DH took a Saturday morning paper route- just for the exercise! (it sure doesn't pay much) I'm proud of him. It's actually 2 routes and I think I'll do one of them...if I'm ever that organized...but what a way to get to your exercise in...and get paid too!

Welcome to Denise! I'm Emily- mom to 3 boys ages 5,3 and 6 months. I love it. (but no pigtails here! lol)
Ricci- welcome back- glad you got your computer up and running! I can totally relate! We got a new one last weekend and it's SO great!
Candy- we had to wait for our 3rd to get blue eyes. I have brown and both older boys too. My DH is thrilled that Ian got his blue eyes. Great job at pizza hut!
Ginny- have fun today with your dd- I'm expecting TOM next week and not looking forward to the PMS cravings I get!
Spryng- good job on the 1.5 lbs!! You are for sure going to meet your goal- in record time too!
Karen- glad you are feeling better and hope you and your Drs. can figure out what the best course of action is for you. Enjoy your lazy weekend!!
Michele-hang in there hon and enjoy these last few days of pregnancy.

Well, time to get lunch for the kiddos. BBL!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:16 PM   #13  

Wow, Misty. I am suprised everytime I see a new post from you. I didn't think you'd last this long. Why did your other two come so early and this one won't?? I guess it shows that they have their own ideas of when to come, lol. But take it easy and enjoy these last few days with him in you. Are you guys planning on anymore? If not then really appreciate these last few days. I already miss having Tanner in me. I had such a great pregnancy... but I am so glad he is here and I can get back to my old self. The little guy is already trying to crawl!!! He gets up on his knees already and rocks. My other two never did that this young. Maybe he'll be one of those that does everything early. But my other two were pretty earlier bloomers too... Ava walked at 9 months, Bubba at 10 months... Ava sat up on her own at 6 months, Bubba at 5 months... etc. It's hard to think Tanner can beat that. I just want him to be a baby for as long as possible.
Karen, have you made your decision? If you opt for the hysterectomy, when will you have it? I just hope you get some relief one way or another. I feel for you. Besides that, how is Atkins going? I know it is working so well for you. Since you been doing it so long now does it seem like second nature?
Well, I got part of my house clean so far. Got dishes done and the living room picked up and vaccumed. I still need to do laundry and clean my counters and such. I'll do that after nap time. Did I tell you all I bought Finding Nemo yesterday? It was so much fun to sit and watch it again with the kids last night and again this morning. What a cute movie! We went and saw Brother Bear last weekend and it was a great movie too. I can't wait to buy it also.
Ok, I'm getting off here now. Hope everyong is having a great saturday! TTYL!
Old 11-08-2003, 02:23 PM   #14  

Emily you snuck in on me, lol. I'm doing the same as you today... cleaning. Does your DH do the route with a bicycle?? My DH had a route years ago but his family drove him to every house so he never walked or rode a bike. They never encouraged exercise. but I guess that is why everyone of them (except FIL) is very overweight, including my DH. But weird thing is my DH has a ton of muscle so nobody thinks he weighs what he does. he's very strong. In fact, before we ever started dating we got our car into a culvert and it was stuck. Couldn't get it out. So DH (who was then just some guy I didn't know well, we were with friends) got out and PICKED the car up by himself and pulled it out. I was impressed with him. Years later he told me that he wanted me to be impressed...lol. But he's very strong. I love that.
Ok, I really am getting off here now. TTYL!
Old 11-08-2003, 05:29 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'4"

I've sat around all day. seems I can't get motivation up to do anything at all. I made some cabbage/venison stew and am baking a cake right now (a really rich butterscotch pound cake) but thats about the extent of it today. I'm actually pretty bored.
Yep this is gonna be our last baby. I signed the papers for the surgery a few months ago. I know I should be enjoying this. But I'm not. I'm really ready to see this little feller and start getting back to myself. I've been so sick with this pregnancy and just miserable. I'm ready for the reward
Glad to hear you all are having nice weekends.
Spryng we are going to see Brother Bear sometime this week if I don't go into labor before then. I'm excited to see it.
Emily good to see you posting. I've never had a paper route. I always wanted to deliver mail back in my hometown. That would be great exercise too. I can't remember but someone here use to be a mail lady... was that Jackie? Gosh I miss her wish she would pop in and say hello. Do any of you others happen to know how she is doing?
My cake is about to come out of the oven! Catch yain's later!
Closed Thread