South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wild weekend beach chat 9/21 & 9/22

Maybe "back in the day" I was wild, but these days I am quite tame which suits me just fine. DS's alarm clock just went off. We leave in an hour for school. He is very excited to be roughing it for the next few days. My anxiety levels have been in overload trying everything done before I leave. Since I am not doing any grocery shopping before I leave at least there is nothing else to graze on. My goal is to weigh less when I get home. The hotel has a really nice fitness center. I packed some work out clothes.

Solos is everyone running wild this weekend? I do hope Ruth's back feels better ASAP!
Old 09-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Jennifer, and any other early birds. I'm hoping I don't have a wild weekend, although it does get pretty crazy around here at times, LOL. I must have missed it, but what school is your DS going to this weekend?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning No wild weekend here either. I'm leaving Monday morning for a week in MD and just need to clean, cook, and pack.

We had a lovely day off yesterday and made the most of our last day off for 2 weeks Tim works every Sunday and every other Saturday so the Fridays off are our one predictable day off together. We found a new to us breakfast place (yummy seasoned black beans with eggs) while my tires were getting done. Then it was off to a park for kayaking. We were just a few minutes from where I met Cottage! We kayaked the entire lake and explored all the little nooks and islands, then had a thrown together lunch. After that we decided to walk the 3.75m trail around the lake. Then home for cedar planked salmon, grill roasted veggies, wine, and a bonfire.

Today I'm back to canning tomatoes, laundry, and baking some healthy things to bring with me.

First though, just one more cup of coffee before the laundry needs to go out.

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-21-2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: needed more coffee obviously. typo city
Old 09-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks! Cyndi, your day yesterday sounds amazing. Where will you be in Maryland? You're not toooo far away now!

Cottage, I hope it's not too crazy for you. Do you believe it's a week already since we met. We won't talk about how much wine is left that I bought, 'kay?

Jekel, thanks for starting us off. I hope your son has a blast, and hoping we get some great updates from your training spot.

I'm starting up my baked beans and smoked pork for my guests later. I've got a packed day at work, then I get to come home to finish cooking, and guests at 5. I'm pretty excited about it!

And since this IS a diet forum, I need to flip that switch in my brain. Must. flip. switch. I need to eat better (and I still *mostly* do).
Old 09-21-2013, 07:51 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 5"

Morning ladies. Weekends are NOT wild for me, which is how I like them; weekends also mean I have the chance to get here early! Mostly I just enjoy being my own master instead of going to work.

Jekel, have a great trip.
Cyndi, your day yesterday sounds wonderful. And speaking of baking, I have bean brownies and some sort of apple thing on my weekend agenda. We have a bumper crop from our little apple trees this year.
Tammy, your day sounds busy but enjoyable!
Cottage, I hope you weekend is the right mix of "non-wild".

Thinking of Ruth with her back and Natasha with her big move and hoping both are doing ok!!
Anyone need more coffee?
Old 09-21-2013, 07:52 AM   #6  

Wait, Tammy, this is a diet forum?!?
Old 09-21-2013, 08:08 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

No wild weekend here although I did have lots of plans. The back really does not feel any better today but I'll carry on.

We were supposed to go to the nearby Turkey Fair today, have dinner with the girls and kids for tomorrow and were going to have my friend Shirl and her DD here for lunch Monday. Looks like this may all not happen. Sure hope I'm able to drive to get M-E to the airport. I feel very, very badly about ruining her holiday but sure am glad she's here.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:28 AM   #8  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

After a very stressful week it is nice to get to the weekend. I do not plan on doing any work this weekend but definitely scrambled to get it done last week.

Last night did some of the cleaning so only have dusting and bathroom to do this morning and finish up the laundry so I can enjoy whatever the weekend brings.

DD2 has a soccer game this morning and I think we are going to Hockey game this evening in St. Louis.

Ruth I do hope your back gets to feeling better. I am sure DD is enjoying her trip just getting to spend time with you.

Jekel enjoy your trip

Cyndi sounds like you enjoyed your day

Twynn that food sounds delish- I am trying to get my mind wrapped around eating right as well for most part I am just let little things creep and should not especially since I am still trying to lose and not maintain

Beth enjoy being the master of your weekend

Have a great day everyone!
Old 09-21-2013, 01:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Back from dropping off DS and I much needed bike ride. It really helps calm my nerves. Linda, my son goes to an "alternative" high school. He was accepted into Walkabout. It is designed for kids who have satisfied their academic credits and helps prepare them for the demands of college. Totally different for when I went to HS. They receive their academic assignments weekly and work independently. In addition to academics they have community service projects and an internship. The school does not have a gymnasium. So to satisfy NYS PE requirement they go on two backpacking/camping trips. They left today for the Catskills and will return late afternoon on Wednesday. There are only 18 kids in the program from various HS in Westchester and Putnam counties. I cannot wait to hear all about it when he/I get home.

I leave Monday for College Station Texas. Our course is held at Texas A&M. From what I hear, the area has a lot to offer. I am not into the bar scene, so I am hoping to find some places to "woggle." Woggling is a combination of walking and jogging. Since I gave up running (dr's orders after my back surgery) Woggling is a nice compromise lol.

Well I guess I better get back to cleaning. Who am I kidding, I didn't even start yet lol.

Ruth, did you go to the doctor????
Old 09-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #10  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Twynn - I will be in the Baltimore area

Ruth- hope that muscle is easing up and you are a bit more comfortable.

Jennifer - I'll have to look up woggling. Tim had to give up running after his knee blew out.

back to tomato canning
Old 09-21-2013, 05:13 PM   #11  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth19 View Post
Wait, Tammy, this is a diet forum?!?

Hi everyone!
Crazy busy here!
I just got off work and I'm sitting at the restaurant reading posts... If I wait until I get home it will never happen these days.
Hope Ruth is feeling better!
Take care everyone!
Old 09-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, I went to the doc on Thursday morning - so impressive to call at 9 and get a 10 a.m. appointment. I may have cracked a rib but the main verdict is major muscle sprain. I am spending the days waiting for my next Tylenol. So glad Mary-Ellen is here but a tad concerned over how to get her to the Ottawa airport next Tuesday. (I'll get my female friends onto it.)
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Oh, Ruth you poor thing. At least it wasn't something more serious!

We had a great time last night with the International students. Both were from China and spoke excellent English. Honestly - it was surprising how well conversation flowed for two different cultures, and two different times in life (one was 22, one 24). Now, to get rid of the dessert they enjoyed .

Today - church, bible study, and plan the week out. DH is gone again, and hopefully this week will go as well as last. Oh, and a nap! I get a nap! (I hope)
Old 09-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy 1st day of FALL! I got out my fall decorations yesterday, and Jake took the air conditioners out of the windows, so we're almost ready for the season. I have yet to switch out my clothes and think I'll give it another week or so since it's still getting pretty warm during the day.

There's not a thing on the agenda for today, so I'll just enjoy whatever the day brings.

Ruth, I hope your back pain has eased up and you're feeling much better. Take care, Love.

ETA -

Good morning, Tammy! I'm glad it went well last night. Good luck trying to grab a nap later!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 09-22-2013 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 AM   #15  

Good morning ladies!
Tammy, glad you had a successful dinner party! And be sure to get that nap.
Linda, I changed my tablecloth and got out a few seasonal dishtowels but that's about it for me so far. (do mums outside count?) I'll wait a bit more for the rest.
Ruth, hope your back pain resolves itself soon. My heart feels for you.
Today's agenda is getting a few groceries, planning the week and making that apple snack.

To the other chicks to come have a great day!
Closed Thread