Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 243/243/...not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

Default Just another fat chick

Hey there!
For the second time in my life I'm at my highest weight and it sucks, especially since I lost almost 50 lbs before gaining back everything. I'm also afraid that if I don't make the appropriate changes, I'll gain even more and that just can't happen. I'm unhappy with my outward appearance as it is and feeling ugly isn't really helping when you're already feeling insecure, unloved and boring.

I know this sounds not very appealing but I wanted to tell it as it is right now - me losing weight will not be the only thing changing in my life so I hope I'll sound more optimistic sooner rather than later.

My goal weight isn't set in stone because I have absolutely no idea what I can achieve realistically - I'd rather be a bit chubby than have loose skin.

I'm glad I found this site, there seem to be a lot of supportive people and I'm looking forward to getting to know at least a few of you better.
Sorry for any mistakes, English isn't my first language, I see this as a great chance to improve it.
Erinnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:34 PM   #2  
motivational guru wannabe

S/C/G: 205/205/185 by spring

Height: 5'4"

Welcome!!! Start out with a small goal first, figure out what your weight loss method will be and jump onto some of the challenge threads. It's always easier when you find a group that is working on similar goals, or have other things in common. This is a very supportive community and we all wish each other the best! Good luck on your journey! (Your English is fine, by the way!)
boatingmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:35 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Erinnya! Many of us have had the same kinds of feelings that you have, so we understand. And many of us have lost weight only to regain it, so you are not alone there either. You will find lots of support here, so browse the forums and get involved! Glad to have you! Good luck!

P.S. I would never have known that English isn't your first language if you hadn't told us!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #4  
beautiful bright soul :)

S/C/G: 296 / 171 / 150

You can do this!
belovedspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 243/243/...not sure yet

Height: 5'7"

Thank you guys so much!
Erinnya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 08:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 222/124/?

I'm also not really that hot about losing more than 175 because of the skin issue, so I get it.

Good luck!
CrabNebula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:21 PM   #7  
Cat Cuddler

S/C/G: 287/266/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Errinya:

We are so glad you are here and, yes, we know exactly how you feel.

You will meet a lot of great people here and will learn about all of our challenges and victories! We are here to support you in every way that we can.

Good luck!
doingmybest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/206/130

Height: 5' 6"

Hey, Erinnya! I'm just getting started too.
My whole goal for tomorrow is just to drink a lot more water, especially when I feel like hopping off my food plan and into a plate of toast.
Baby steps.
Good luck, you can do this.
CharlotteAnn is offline   Reply With Quote