View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #15
Maggie
Thin Within

Talking Finally Friendly Friday

GOOD EARLY AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS☺♫

It is a day in the 70°s here where I live and all is well. We ended up going to I-Hop last evening for we were out and about at dinner time. Our young friend was our waiter and informed us that his latest girlfriend lives next door to us. I was wondering where in the world they had met and then it dawned on me that her father works where his mother does out in the oil fields. We’ll see how long this little romance will last for she has had a long string of boyfriends. Our little friend is talking about going into the Air-Force when he graduates and made a 96% on the exam. The recruiter has his eye on him I am sure; bright young man that he is. Once he graduates high school he is gone.

Have any of you made Scandinavian-style Hasselback Potatoes? Next time I do “bakers” I am going to make them Hasselback. I made them years ago and have a good recipe I ran across while looking through my clipped Veggie recipe small 3 ring binder. They go great with a grilled steak or chops. What made me look in my saved recipes for I ran across a recipe for them in the new Cooking Light magazine and “knew” I already had a clipped recipe of it. The foodie magazines are re-visiting some of the recipes they featured years back and updating them somewhat or not. Anyway they are easy to make and quite yummy. I have lightened the recipe further trimming the P+ value. Tonight I have to make what I had planned to make last evening.

JEAN I agree having the washer/dryer would be better situated if it were on the same level as the dirty clothes are. Sure would make it easier to get clothes clean and then back where they belong. We didn't go the "city" after all for Will decided on a different way to do his case and can get what he needs here.

Something to think about my friends:
Ignore negativity and live above the fray and your day will be a lot better.
Determine to put a smile on your face when you wake up to meet a new day.
Walk softly, speak tenderly, pray fervently and keep calm enjoying life.

Have a great day my Magnolia friends.

DOWN THE ROAD TO THIN
SUCCESS OCCURS WHEN OPPORTUNITY MEETS PREPARATION

REMEMBER THAT
A SETBACK IS ONLY A SETUP FOR A COMEBACK

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote