South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Frisky Friday SBD Daily Chat for 9/20

Why Frisky? I don't know. It just sounded good while I'm watching my grandson dance around the house this morning.

Coffee's ready!
Old 09-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

LOL....does your grandson have clothes on?!?! My DS has no clues about modesty yet (well, at home only, thank goodness). Cottage, do you have any plans for your day off yet?

I start work at 10 today, although I'm on call 9-6 with the boss being out on a road trip (driving to NC, then FL, and back....she is ca-razy). DH and I are going out to breakfast this AM which is a special treat for both of us. Tomorrow I'm having two international students over for supper. Our church had said (something like) 90% of foreign students never seen the inside of an American home. I wonder if every home is as crazy as ours?

I did something to my knee, just woke up yesterday with a bum knee. Huh. Am I just getting older?! Anyway, no walking for a couple of days, and hopefully it will be gone soon.

Must wake up kids soon. Have a great Friday, y'all!
Old 09-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

LOL! Yes, Tyler was fully clothed. He has no boundaries about modesty either, though. Enjoy your breakfast, you should take him to the Top That, lol!
I don't have any set plans for the day, but Jake wants to run over to Agway to look at a leaf net cover for the pool later on.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks/ We are off to get new tires on my car. The current ones just couldn't quite make it to snow tire season with all the driving I do. Our favorite breakfast place is gone so I'm looking for a new place to try for these car drop-off mornings. After that's done it's our weekly day off and we are off to kayak then maybe do a little hiking. I love my 4 day work week!

Cottage - a little theater with your coffee

Twynn - Enjoy your breakfast. Hope that knee is just a minor irritation. The whole aging thing is an adventure (says the woman who has a hot flash every time she drinks her morning coffee).

Off we go

Last edited by CyndiM; 09-20-2013 at 07:34 AM. Reason: not enough coffee to spell
Old 09-20-2013, 07:43 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Wait they get boundaries then lose them as teenagers!!! My DS went through a phase of sleeping "commando." I am so glad that is over with!!!

The day is fairly uneventful. Household stuff, but really want to get a pair of shoes today for my trip. I have been starting my rides a little later as the early morning temps are a little too crisp. Today I may actually start packing for myself. DS leaves tomorrow, Joe is coming down tomorrow night and Sunday we are going to go hiking if time permits.

I hear water running, hopefully DS is not sleeping in the bathroom with it on!
Old 09-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick check-in. Hurt my back pretty badly the other night - luckily my Nurse DD was here - and my holiday with her is not going as planned. I suspect she'll insist on a doc visit today and maybe even an x-ray. I am extremely pi$$ed off but she is probably right. Grrrr!
Old 09-20-2013, 09:50 AM   #7  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

WFH today already had two conference calls and one more scheduled but then I can do catch up work so I don't have to do any work this weekend.

Cottage DD2 has not boundaries either, she loves to sleep in just her undies and we have to tell her to put on a t-shirt at least lol

Tywnn hope the knee gets better soon, it does suck this getting old thing with the body lol

Cottage enjoy your day off

Cyndi I had to get tires a couple of months back as well enjoy your day off afterwards

Jekel hope you get your packing in and enjoy your day today. I served in the Air Force for 7 years got out when I was about to pop with DD2 and my DH retired from the Air Force. We are a military family as my dad also retired from the Army.

Ruth oh no, so sorry to hear about your back and listen to your DD since she is a nurse. I hope you feel better soon.

Have a wonderful Friday everyone!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:10 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hi! It's a rainy morning here and DD is still, inexplicabley, in bed. I guess rainy mornings make her lazy.

Lol, Linda! What great morning entertainment. DD has started not wanting to wear clothes. Yesterday I had to bribe her with M&Ms to get her to put clothes on before our company came over.

Tammy: Sorry about your knee. Hope it feels better with some R&R. That's an interesting statistic about foreign students, and it makes sense. We had a lot of Mexican Nationals at college, and I was friends with quite a few, and I doubt some of them ever had a meal somewhere other than the dorms or cafeteria.

Cyndi: Yay for a 4 day work week. Sounds like an awesome day once you get those tires out of the way. Have fun kayaking!

Jekel: I am a packing procrastinator, too. I always end up staying up way too late the night before a trip getting things together. I hope you get it all done and can enjoy some downtime before you leave.

Ruth: Oh no! So sorry about your back, but thank goodness nurse DD is there for you. Get better soon! Maybe y'all can just rent some ridiculous movies and have some laid-back fun.

Pearl: Have a great WFH day!
Old 09-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Well, TGIF! Last night's impromptu dinner with DH's colleague went well. DD was a bit crazy and a little flirt all night, but luckily, he has a daughter and was very understanding. He and DH do a lot of higher level math at their job, so that dominated most of the conversation. I just did my wifely hostessing and tried not to go off in a dazed trance too often, lol.

The house is clean from last night, and I've caught up on laundry, so today is a "do what we want" day. I had been hoping to take DD to the park, but the rain negates that. Maybe we'll head over to the mall for some window shopping. I'll use her nap to get some quick home office paperwork done and then see if I can squeeze in some painting time.

Well, I hear a bit of rustling through the monitor, so I'll be on Mommy duty soon. Off to refill my cuppa!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 09-20-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #10  

Height: 5'4"

Hello all -
DH's b'day today, so after I got the kids all off to school I made a large - although pretty on-plan - brunch for the the two of us and he worked from home all morning. SO NICE to have some quiet time together!

Then of course I had to clean up after the brunch - I KNEW we should have gone out!! The next two hours will be knocking on doors as I am running for local office this Fall- 600 doors down, 400 to go by the 30th. Wanna take bets?

Everyone take care and be well -
Closed Thread