General chatter Because life isn't just about dieting. Play games, jokes, or share what's new in your life!

Old 09-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 240/235/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Dexter/Breaking Bad/Sons of Anarchy

Soooo much "OMG"..... Anyone as crazy about these shows as I am? DISCUSS!!!
SkinnyBee78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:20 PM   #2  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Charlie Hunman.... *ssiiiiiiiggggggggh*

Oh Charlie Hunman. I could, and would, watch you read the phone book.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-19-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post

Agreed...I'm kind of excited to see him as the lead of 50 Shades (even though I didn't particularly care for how the books were written...I know it started out as fanfiction, but I had hoped it wouldn't read like fanfiction. I was disappointed), if only because I want to see him shirtless in a pair of low-rise, hip-hugging jeans. Yum!

As far as the original topic, I am also late to the party. I'm on season 2 of both Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy (and I've never seen Dexter), and I watch an episode or two on netfix every few nights or so. Definitely enjoying Breaking Bad! I want to enjoy Sons of Anarchy more, but I like to do things while I watch it (like clean, cook, etc), and I feel I miss some of the smaller, important details while doing other things.
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

I'm crazy about Dexter, although I think it's kind of gone downhill compared to the first few seasons. More than anything I want them to stop wasting our time with Quinn and Deb's love life, kill Hannah off (I just don't like her) and let Deb and Dexter continue their lives like it was in the first season, with him killing bad guys and her doing general cop stuff.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:05 AM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelle View Post
I'm so happy that Breaking Bad is running a marathon before the finale because I'm only half way through Season 2. I wish they would have done that during the summer before all the new shows started. My DVR is getting a major workout.
So....have you not seen the last episode? I'm still in shock. I just...noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post

Um, yeah. It's ridiculous. The whole show is a little difficult for me considering my tattoo fetish (lol) but...Jeez, Jax. That back tat (yeah I realize it's fake) on him pretty much drives me crazy.

I will say I could have done without the prison scene (with Otto and the guard watching) in the season premier, though. Sometimes things just don't need to be seen. You know, it's always been a rough show to watch from start to finish but after everything happened with Opie (don't want to totally spoil for those who haven't seen it), it went downhill. Still a great show though.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:18 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post
Agreed...I'm kind of excited to see him as the lead of 50 Shades (even though I didn't particularly care for how the books were written...I know it started out as fanfiction, but I had hoped it wouldn't read like fanfiction.
I was disappointed with the books, too. I should say book because I only read the first and didn't even finish it...honestly it seemed a little over hyped, but maybe I should give it another try. From what I read, Hunman doesn't seem like a natural fit for the role. I was thinking more Ian Somerhalder.........................yum. Still thinking about Ian Sumerhalder. lol
Old 09-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #8  

By the way, Buffinlovin...I don't know that we can be friends considering you're flying your Hordie freak flag.

How are you liking the new patch? I'm digging it...took about a month off to revisit Diablo (super excited about the expansion there but not thrilled with the no AH rule), but came back to WoW when the new stuff came (and I got a shiny new laptop that doesn't burn up when I play my games).

Annnd...thread is derailed.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #9  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVegetables View Post
I'm crazy about Dexter, although I think it's kind of gone downhill compared to the first few seasons. More than anything I want them to stop wasting our time with Quinn and Deb's love life, kill Hannah off (I just don't like her) and let Deb and Dexter continue their lives like it was in the first season, with him killing bad guys and her doing general cop stuff.
Totally with you about previous seasons. I love Quinn and Deb together, but really don't like Hannah. I think it's great that Dexter might be maturing, still...I miss the old, code-driven days. Gosh...I seriously will never forget the Rita scene. That was completely shocking. Since then, and perhaps it's a writing issue, it's kinda changed. I'd love to see Deb and Dex work together more!
Old 09-20-2013, 04:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/196.3/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyBee78 View Post
By the way, Buffinlovin...I don't know that we can be friends considering you're flying your Hordie freak flag.

How are you liking the new patch? I'm digging it...took about a month off to revisit Diablo (super excited about the expansion there but not thrilled with the no AH rule), but came back to WoW when the new stuff came (and I got a shiny new laptop that doesn't burn up when I play my games).

Annnd...thread is derailed.
Haha, I'm a carebear ^_^ I'm a hordie at heart, but I have plenty of friends who are alli (I just can't get into playing it tho, I get lost in the cities QQ)

I am both loving and hating the new patch. Tons of content, and I can feed my rare addiction regularly on the isle. I was able to get the Celestial Tournament done for my first celestial pet (and now working on the rest of the coins for the other 3). I'm missing about half the pets from the isle yet.

What I'm hating is that thing you can use to make you hostile to your own faction. Burning Blade is a horde dominated pvp server, so everyone is out to get people. Large groups will camp the spawn locations for some of the more popular rares (huolon, Archerius, etc), say the rare spawned when it hadn't, and just wait for everyone to come running into their trap.

Quote:
I was disappointed with the books, too. I should say book because I only read the first and didn't even finish it...honestly it seemed a little over hyped, but maybe I should give it another try. From what I read, Hunman doesn't seem like a natural fit for the role. I was thinking more Ian Somerhalder.........................yum. Still thinking about Ian Sumerhalder. lol
I felt they were over-hyped also. I read the first two books and was just so disappointed in the writing that I didn't finish it. The subject matter was fine, I can handle some racy stuff, but I've read some truly fantastic fanfiction in my past and this just did not live up to expectations.

Hunnam isn't a natural choice for the male lead (Matt Bomer would have been ideal), but I have no doubt he can pull it off. From some of the other movies I've seen him in (Nicholas Nickleby being the one I know best), I can see him get this commanding presence and yet still be vulnerable, which is what the character is going to need to make him interesting (because the books left a lot to be desired when it comes to character development). It also doesn't hurt that he is just drop dead dreamy lol!
Buffinlovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:08 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffinlovin View Post

I am both loving and hating the new patch. Tons of content, and I can feed my rare addiction regularly on the isle. I was able to get the Celestial Tournament done for my first celestial pet (and now working on the rest of the coins for the other 3). I'm missing about half the pets from the isle yet.

What I'm hating is that thing you can use to make you hostile to your own faction. Burning Blade is a horde dominated pvp server, so everyone is out to get people. Large groups will camp the spawn locations for some of the more popular rares (huolon, Archerius, etc), say the rare spawned when it hadn't, and just wait for everyone to come running into their trap.
I was getting so bored and annoyed with the grind before the patch, so having fresh content helps. Grats on the celestial tourney. I'm still working on round two. Just...gahh. What pets/abilities did you find worked best? I'm completely frustrated. I'm still working through various (mostly mechanical) combos.

The censer thing? Yeah that sucks. I don't pvp much, myself, so anything like that irritates me...especially since I need those dang bloody coins. grr.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelle View Post
I haven't seen anything after Season 2 yet. I have been watching/recording Season 1 and Season 2 on Sundance and recording the new episodes on AMC but I am trying to watch them in order. It is going to be tough to avoid spoilers until I can get caught up after the marathon airs.
Oh gawd...missed that from your post. Then definitely avoid everything! lol It's been such a great show, start to finish...totally worth watching from the beginning. My lips are sealed.

Last edited by SkinnyBee78; 09-20-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #13  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Putting Breaking Bad into the same subject line as Sons of Anarchy is a major insult to Breaking Bad.

SOA is a decent show but Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows ever made.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:33 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Putting Breaking Bad into the same subject line as Sons of Anarchy is a major insult to Breaking Bad.

SOA is a decent show but Breaking Bad is one of the best TV shows ever made.
Well then.

No, I agree. lol I just put all those together because aside from my reality tv favorites, those are my shows---all of which are making my head spin. BB is exceptionally well written, and will go down in history as one of the greats. I will own the entire series when it concludes, for sure.

Sons just premiered so it was on my radar, and Dex is winding down, so, there's my subject line.

So...can we talk about Hank? *sniffles* Also, I'm pretty excited about Better Call Saul.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 166/145/115

Height: 5'4

OMG, I can't believe Breaking Bad's finale is in less than a week. This is probably the only show I can say I've thoroughly enjoyed every single second of, even the 'Fly' episode that most seem to find boring. I'm sad that it's about to end And while I love Saul, I feel iffy about him having his own show, but we'll see! Bryan Cranston is an unbelievably superb actor, he fits the role like a glove. Kinda annoyed he didn't win an Emmy last night!
Bloopers is offline   Reply With Quote